Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM #253
ccluff2

got my bolt saturday, finally had time to get everything set up and shoot with paint. the bolt shot amazing, 130psi, 10ms dwell at 285fps +-5fps. it was soo smooth and quiet the prophecy couldn't pick up a single shot at sensitivity 6.

one tiny problem, since my pressure is so low if I try to crono at something like 260fps I have to set the pressure below 115 psi and the gun won't shoot consistently any more(+-15). I'm thinking of adding volume(by adding holes in the bolt sleeve) to the rear ram chamber to help increase cycling force. any thoughts?

also since someone will ask, efficiency wasn't great, about 1300 shots on a 68/45. you have to take into account that I have the absolute highest volume possible with the mod'd sft can and the ulp bolt guide.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
ccluff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 AM #254
Shooter28
PEACE

Shooter28 plays in the PSP
Shooter28 plays in the APPA D3 division
Shooter28 supports DLX Technology
Shooter28 supports Empire
Very similar results^
ΞΞ

R.I.P. Rob Kerr 2/1/91 - 3/15/10 & {HSP}
Gun Sale Thread | SHOCKER PARTS!!! | My gun collection | D00M.
Shooter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 AM #255
Box
Wroooaaarrrr!

Annual Supporting Member
Box is playing at Living Legends VII
Wasn't the advertised function of an adjustable bolt guide to allow the shockers to fire at low velocities without inconsistencies?
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM #256
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Yes. The adjustable guide was made to add mechanical dwell. But the location of the valve holes on the eigen might make that alittle tricky to setup. You would have to move the front guide oring back so the valve would open sooner and stay open longer. And if Im visioning this right in my head it would realy hurt efficiency and the bolt would be firing the ball earlier in the cycle which might cause blow back issues in the feedneck if the tip of the bolt doesn't hit the SFT oring yet. I would think a better solution would be a reg meant run at lower preassures like a gladiator off a droid or clone since the operating preassure of those guns is 90-100 psi.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 AM #257
ccluff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim4130 View Post
Yes. The adjustable guide was made to add mechanical dwell. But the location of the valve holes on the eigen might make that alittle tricky to setup. You would have to move the front guide oring back so the valve would open sooner and stay open longer. And if Im visioning this right in my head it would realy hurt efficiency and the bolt would be firing the ball earlier in the cycle which might cause blow back issues in the feedneck if the tip of the bolt doesn't hit the SFT oring yet. I would think a better solution would be a reg meant run at lower preassures like a gladiator off a droid or clone since the operating preassure of those guns is 90-100 psi.
i'm using a gladiator reg. you cant adjust the adjustable guide forward with the eigen because of valve placement.(you would want to adjust the guide forward not back to reduce velocity)

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:36 AM #258
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Wasn't the advertised function of an adjustable bolt guide to allow the shockers to fire at low velocities without inconsistencies?
He's probably running into issues with friction inherent to the shocker bolt kit. The forces used to cycle the bolt were tuned for ~200 psi, so at 130 psi you loose about 35% of your cycling forces. There might also be issues getting the solenoid to cycle consistently at that pressure for similar reasons, especially if it's a Humphrey CRCB. An adjustable bolt guide/eigen won't fix that.

Like Ccluff said, losing some volume and upping the pressure a touch would be the best course of action.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.

Last edited by Umami : 12-06-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM #259
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccluff2 View Post
i'm using a gladiator reg. you cant adjust the adjustable guide forward with the eigen because of valve placement.(you would want to adjust the guide forward not back to reduce velocity)
I wasn't thinking decreasing velocity I was thinking about getting it to cycle more consistently at lower preassure. But like I said if I was visualizing it in my head right which I probably wasn't.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 PM #260
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
I can't wait to fix my shocker so I can throw the Eigen in it, take it to the field/store I work at.. put it on 15bps full auto, and run like 10-15 tanks of air through it to break it in, stopping every 2 tanks to clean and lube it real quick. Maybe after half of the first 2 tanks to clean out that oxidation from the polishing.. Goddamn. Thinking about it fills me with anxiety lol :-\

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 PM #261
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Apollo918 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy
I can't wait to fix my shocker so I can throw the Eigen in it, take it to the field/store I work at.. put it on 15bps full auto, and run like 10-15 tanks of air through it to break it in, stopping every 2 tanks to clean and lube it real quick. Maybe after half of the first 2 tanks to clean out that oxidation from the polishing.. Goddamn. Thinking about it fills me with anxiety lol :-\
That's probably what I will do. I'll pull a full case. Do a full 45 fill and shoot 1/2 a case and see what I'm left at. Then full auto about 4 tanks. And then shoot tge other 1/2 case and see if numbers improve.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:49 PM #262
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
Someone called the 50 on me yesterday, was gona do a shooting vid, apparently im not allowed to shoot ANYTHING within city limits
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 PM #263
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

thats super lame... shoot up your neighbors house. at least their dog.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:56 PM #264
Gisgo09
vGisgo

^Leave the dog out of it.

During testing, I didn't have the best results with super low pressures. Probably because the re-cock slots weren't as effective. Seems like 160 and up is probably the ball park.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM #265
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
I'd calmly explain that you're not shooting anything, only cycling air through a machine. It just so happens that the puffs of air make a little noise when they exit the long tube at the end of your pneumatic machine. But you have that long tube at the end of the machine to reduce the sound signature of said machine.

All in the name of science really Ocifer.

Also Apollo I'll probably only shoot like 15 paintballs through it when I first get it together, just to check out velocity. I'll cycle a **** ton of air through it to break it in before really shooting much paint or trying to tune it.

Oh the perks of having access to a cascade and compressor whenever

Looking for some Gats?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM #266
inmylife2415
SBPB

Ive shot quite a bit and never had any problems, been there since September. The law was along the lines of discharging a pneumatic air gun, i tried explaining it was EP and a marker...he wasn't having it
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM #267
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

we arent supposed to "shoot" anything on campus. or have guns on campus for that matter. but we were at the back of one of the parking lots near a huge open field and were tucked between some cars and shooting a dm8 i just teched for a buddy. cops rolled up and told us to stop, and tried to confiscate our 'weapons'. we just offered to let them shoot it. they had a blast. gave us the gun back and rolled on. it was fun.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM #268
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA beginner division
Back on this topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccluff2 View Post
one tiny problem, since my pressure is so low if I try to crono at something like 260fps I have to set the pressure below 115 psi and the gun won't shoot consistently any more(+-15). I'm thinking of adding volume(by adding holes in the bolt sleeve) to the rear ram chamber to help increase cycling force. any thoughts?
Won't you have to reduce the volume of air in the firing chamber? You want a low FPS, but maintain a pressure high enough to cycle properly, so to keep the pressure the same and reduce velocity, you would have to decrease volume.

Theoretical max efficiency of a marker
Automated paintball turret
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:41 PM #269
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

has been a member for 10 years
insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
My set up is now perfect.

NXT
ND LP can
ND manifold
Eigenbolt
Stock everything else

Mine perfers no spring.

It also seems VERY sensitive to bolt guide position....if i screw it in to much bolt sticks forward. If you are having issues try backing out the bolt guide a small bit(1/16 of a full turn)

It needs a few bottles for break in....keep lubing- shooting- and cleaning off the bolt....after 3 bottles its like an entirely different marker!
J4 Torque
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM #270
inmylife2415
SBPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
My set up is now perfect.

NXT
ND LP can
ND manifold
Eigenbolt
Stock everything else

Mine perfers no spring.

It also seems VERY sensitive to bolt guide position....if i screw it in to much bolt sticks forward. If you are having issues try backing out the bolt guide a small bit(1/16 of a full turn)

It needs a few bottles for break in....keep lubing- shooting- and cleaning off the bolt....after 3 bottles its like an entirely different marker!
say what??
Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 PM #271
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy supports Empire
Use the spring.. Especially if you're talking about break in times.. The spring will only help once the bolt is broken in.

Looking for some Gats?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM #272
ccluff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
He's probably running into issues with friction inherent to the shocker bolt kit. The forces used to cycle the bolt were tuned for ~200 psi, so at 130 psi you loose about 35% of your cycling forces. There might also be issues getting the solenoid to cycle consistently at that pressure for similar reasons, especially if it's a Humphrey CRCB. An adjustable bolt guide/eigen won't fix that.

Like Ccluff said, losing some volume and upping the pressure a touch would be the best course of action.
i'm trying to keep the pressure low because I using an 06 ego noid. the noid has no problem cycling at the lower pressures.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
Old 12-06-2012, 04:58 PM #273
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

has been a member for 10 years
insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I get occasional forward bolt stick when the spring is in....the bolt will stick forward and dump air until i remove barrel and push the bolt back...

This has not happened yet with no spring. No FSDO.
Let the gun sit for 30mins....shot full on first trigger pull

My shoebox comptessor is filling bottle number 5 right now.
J4 Torque
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote