Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 PM #1
Lemieux

Should i expect a higher dwell with a humphrey noid?

I've been trying to get my Al eigen to work in my NXT but i cant get it to work well at all with a dwell less than 12. Pressure is between 180-200. Is this normal with a humphrey solenoid? Is there any reason to change to a parker? My O-rings fit perfectly and I've tried many different types and fits.
Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2013, 03:18 PM #2
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
dwell times should be the same for either solenoid. the only differences operationally is that the parker can operate at a lower dwell setting. but for cycling the bolt, dwell times are the same for either solenoid.

that pressure seems rather high to me.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:35 PM #3
KookieMonster
Kookie or Nookie???

has been a member for 10 years
KookieMonster donated to help Peyton Trent
KookieMonster supports Bob Gurnsey
KookieMonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yea, that pressure is quite high. With the eigen I would think you should be able to get it down a bit more. I would suggest checking for anything blocking the air passages; thread tape, oring bits... you would be amazed at what has been found inside some of these markers. Also, check your ASA. I had a problem before with air pressure that I was going crazy trying to fix, turns out it was the ASA.
KookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:47 PM #4
Lemieux

Yeah i know the pressure is pretty high for an eigen. That's why i was thinking the noid might need a longer dwell time. I ordered a CP asa last friday so hopefully that will help. I really don't like these quarter turn asa's.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the eigen. Everything slides smoothly, I'm not over-lubing, everything but the bolt and board is stock. I tried a bloodlines bolt guide (worked fine with the stock bolt but the eigen didnt like it). I guess I'll just wait for the new asa to come in. I know the flow through the stock asa is less than ideal.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:03 PM #5
Lemieux

Okay well I'm inclined to believe it was the asa that was the issue. I was able to get the bolt to cycle (not sure what the fps was) down to about 130-140psi with my dwell at 9.