PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-16-2012, 12:50 AM #22
quakcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
It would be unconstitutional not to
Since when did you become interested in what the constitution says?
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 AM #23
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
I know you think the military is evil and we have no reason to need F-22's and nuclear powered carriers with dozens of advanced military aircraft on board, but the reality is, if we didn't have those, the world would plunge into war fairly fast.
Good story bro. Do you write fiction often? Or do you just go through life that baselessly scared ****less of everything?

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 AM #24
Gdude2008
__________DOOM___________

Annual Supporting Member
Gdude2008 plays in the PSP
Gdude2008 helped look for balloons
Gdude2008 supports Team VICIOUS
Gdude2008 is an NCPA player
Gdude2008 plays in the APPA D3 division
Gdude2008 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
This coming from a former postal worker:

The problem was created in Congress in 2006 with the requirement of USPS to pre-fund its retiree's health benefits until 2050. Which the Post Office has failed to pay, only because the budget office of the Congress won't let them transfer the $4 billion dollar surplus that the Post Office has paid to the government for other benefits.

This is a problem created by Congress and can only be solved by Congress.

The post office completely funds itself through stamp prices, not by the tax payer
ASMC

Orlando DOOM | HyperSports Park
MACDEV Clone GT
Gdude2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 AM #25
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
No, no we do not. Private companies can deliver things faster, cheeper, and more effeciently than the USPS can.

Its time to let it die, its time has come and gone, its a bygone of an older era.
See USPS isn't dying on its own, it's currently being strangled by congress.

Private companies are cheaper for larger items, but light packages USPS absolutely kicks ***.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:02 AM #26
deltaforcefront
Get Some

deltaforcefront plays in the APPA D4 division
deltaforcefront has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
deltaforcefront has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
USPS dominates all when shipping under 50 lbs. fast and cheap, I have nothing but problems with ups and FedEx
deltaforcefront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 AM #27
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Members of congress get to mail to their constituents for free... So during election times, the post office loses a ton of money from those mailings.

The post office loses millions per year hand processing netflix movie envelopes. But, because the owner of netflix is a big democratic donor he gets special privileges and instead of having to PAY like everyone else to mail a cd in a NON approved mailer, both ways, with hand cancelling. He gets a deal... And every time the post office touches one of those mailers with their hand (which is every single one) it costs us the taxpayers money.

It isn't what you know, it is WHO you know.

Blockbuster had to sue to get the same special rates that netflix was getting for years.

If you or I go into a post office with a mailer exactly like netflix's and try to use it with the same postage rates they get, we will be laughed at, and charged 3X the cost... As that is the Post offices TRUE cost of hand processing a netflix mailer. Yet, they don't pay that cost. We the taxpayers do...

http://www.dailytech.com/PRC+Ruling+...ticle21439.htm

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!

Last edited by FreeEnterprise : 11-16-2012 at 07:01 AM.
FreeEnterprise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:08 AM #28
F1VENOM

I thought the purpose of the government was to facilitate private industry in any way. Perhaps that's only true for republican business owners?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 AM #29
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
So you believe the constitution is a living document then. Good.
what in the blue hell does that have to do with the USPS? The constitution is the basis of our laws and freedom. The USPS delievers (poorly I might add) paper waste to your house.

The USPS is a waste of taxpayer money. Really, when was the last time you sent a letter? I can tell you now its been 15+ years for me, I do everything electronicly or thru UPS/FedEx/Etc.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 AM #30
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
what in the blue hell does that have to do with the USPS?
Creating post offices is an Art. I Sec. 8 enumerated power, right up there with coining money and maintaining a navy.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM #31
FreeEnterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I thought the purpose of the government was to facilitate private industry in any way. Perhaps that's only true for republican business owners?
Actually, it is democrats who run our government who are bent on rewarding their friends while penalizing their "enemies".

Why would netflix get special treatment when other businesses that would benefit from lower postage costs can't get the same deal without suing and spending millions in legal fees?...

Fact is, the Netflix owner donated to democrats, and was repaid by the USPS giving him a unfair business model, that no one else could get for the first 5 years of his business... And the only way the field was leveled was by litigation. Resulting in the destruction of his competitors through the logic of liberalism...

I mail stuff everyday, and receive stuff everyday in the mail. You can't run a business without the mail, as your checks often arrive that way, along with your bills, tax information, increased insurance costs notices, product being mailed, and marketing to other businesses, as well as sending out your invoices... It is the lifeblood of the graphics arts industry.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM #32
F1VENOM

So it is only fair for republican owned businesses to receive subsidies, tax breaks and earmarks because they're the only true job creators. Glad to see we got that straight.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 AM #33
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
What's the point of having them and not using them? A fear of capability isn't enough.
We haven't used the Abrams en mass for years now. Same with the MLRS, B-2, and a lot of other toys in the arsenal. You build for tomorrows war, not today's, as we learned in WW1, WW2, Vietnam.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM #34
FreeEnterprise

Quote:
So it is only fair for republican owned businesses to receive subsidies, tax breaks and earmarks because they're the only true job creators. Glad to see we got that straight.
Glad to see you still love a good strawman...

Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM #35
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Quote:

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:46 AM #36
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
What's the point of having them and not using them? A fear of capability isn't enough.
Isn't force projection one of the underlying functions of our standing military, especially our navy?

Caveat: I may be misunderstanding/misusing the phrase "force projection."
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM #37
The Ralpst

Quote:
The USPS is a waste of taxpayer money. Really, when was the last time you sent a letter? I can tell you now its been 15+ years for me, I do everything electronicly or thru UPS/FedEx/Etc.
Fun fact: many UPS and FedEx packages are shipped by the USPS. Both companies take advantage of the fact that the USPS is required to deliver everywhere, even if it can't be done at a profit. Don't expect UPS or FedEx to fill the void themselves if the USPS suddenly vanished. The USPS is artificially held back from competing in many, many ways.
"Ask a Russian engineer to design you a shoe, and he'll give you something that looks like the box the shoe came in. Ask him to design something that will slaughter Germans, and he turns into Thomas ******* Edison." - Neal Stephenson

Trauma'dOlive DM6 w/ Predator eyes
The Ralpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM #38
marcozombie

Quote:
The constitution is the basis of our laws and freedom.
...and provides for having a post office:

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and post Roads".
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM #39
marcozombie

Quote:
The USPS delievers (poorly I might add) paper waste to your house.
While i agree with you on the junk mail , (sans my wifes lacy undy catalogues ) You, I or anybody else on this board can spend a couple of cents on postage (depending on size and weight of course) and send a envelope or other package across this country in 3 days time. Thats pretty damn good. I once went on a trip to europe and sent some mail from Italy: My cards got to their destinations 5 and a half months later.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM #40
marcozombie

Quote:
My banking is done 'electronicaly.' Funds aren't taken directly from my account by my billers. They are sent a check from my bank. Take a guess as to how my billers get my payments. I send money to my parents on a monthly basis through my bank. How does that money get them? When I buy my paintball gear 9 times out of 10 its in a usps box. There is a post office 4 minutes walk from my home. The nearest fedex drop off is at least 3 miles. Yeah I use it, and it works fine for me.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM #41
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Why is no one calling out the repeated bull**** that USPS costs taxpayer money?
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM #42
Gdude2008
__________DOOM___________

Annual Supporting Member
Gdude2008 plays in the PSP
Gdude2008 helped look for balloons
Gdude2008 supports Team VICIOUS
Gdude2008 is an NCPA player
Gdude2008 plays in the APPA D3 division
Gdude2008 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Members of congress get to mail to their constituents for free... So during election times, the post office loses a ton of money from those mailings.
True, but not quite. Yes, the office of the congress member can send official or unofficial mail to constituents for free, BUT when it comes to election time, the campaigns pay for the election mailings. All election mail is paid for.

The post office loses millions per year hand processing netflix movie envelopes.
Again, not quite. Netfilx are run on the DBCS machines, same as every other machinable letter.
But, because the owner of netflix is a big democratic donor he gets special privileges and instead of having to PAY like everyone else to mail a cd in a NON approved mailer, both ways, with hand cancelling. He gets a deal... And every time the post office touches one of those mailers with their hand (which is every single one) it costs us the taxpayers money.

This is where you're really full of ****. Netfilx gets reduced mailing prices because they conform to the Postal Regulations that allow them to receive the discounts, such as: bulk entry, pre-printed DBCS barcodes, special packaging so that the disc can be sent there and back in the same package. If you are ever confused on how the USPS does mailing prices, see the domestic mail manual: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/dmm300_landing.htm

It isn't what you know, it is WHO you know.

Blockbuster had to sue to get the same special rates that netflix was getting for years.

Blockbuster's packaging didn't meet all DMM (domestic mail manual) standards and had issues running on the DBCS machines, thus USPS retroactively charged more for the inconvenience until Blockbuster improved its packaging.

If you or I go into a post office with a mailer exactly like netflix's and try to use it with the same postage rates they get, we will be laughed at, and charged 3X the cost... As that is the Post offices TRUE cost of hand processing a netflix mailer. Yet, they don't pay that cost. We the taxpayers do...
You are not sending over 100,000+ movies a day. Again Netfilx gets those special prices because of what they do to make it easier to process their mail compared to a regular letter.

http://www.dailytech.com/PRC+Ruling+...ticle21439.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Actually, it is democrats who run our government who are bent on rewarding their friends while penalizing their "enemies".

Proof?

{liberal_hating_rant}

Why would netflix get special treatment when other businesses that would benefit from lower postage costs can't get the same deal without suing and spending millions in legal fees?...

Fact is, the Netflix owner donated to democrats, and was repaid by the USPS giving him a unfair business model, that no one else could get for the first 5 years of his business... And the only way the field was leveled was by litigation. Resulting in the destruction of his competitors through the logic of liberalism...

{/liberal_hating_rant}

Blah blah blah

I mail stuff everyday, and receive stuff everyday in the mail. You can't run a business without the mail, as your checks often arrive that way, along with your bills, tax information, increased insurance costs notices, product being mailed, and marketing to other businesses, as well as sending out your invoices... It is the lifeblood of the graphics arts industry.
And the drug testing industry, and so many more.
ASMC

Orlando DOOM | HyperSports Park
MACDEV Clone GT
Gdude2008 is offline   Reply With Quote