So today I got myself a new Olive Earth Axe and DyeCam Rotor...went to try to put it in the feedneck and had alot of resistance trying to put it in even with the clamp and screw removed. I started pushing and twisting the rotor to shimmy it in. I was able to get it in but now the feedneck has overturned about 30 degrees past its original position. Turning it back to its original position now makes the feedneck too loose. Is there a way I can fix it so that I can get the feedneck back to the way it was or am I out of luck?
Thanks! I'll have to try those out when I get back home. I think I did what WildWayz said. It looks like the bottom of the feedneck is a bit flanged and now pushed upwards a little and the top of the gun seems to have been dug in a little. I can see a silver ring now where the feedneck contacts the gun. The rotor fits really tight with the teeth inside the feedneck. Is the feedneck tight when the gun is brand new?
Same thing happened to mine. Loctite won't work, it will come loose again. I even used Red loctite on mine, let it sit for 24 hours and it still came loose, I eventually wrapped the crap out of it with teflon tape and screwed it in and it hasn't moved since.
So I put some locktite and it seems like theres too much give in the threads to keep the feedneck in the original factory position. I put about 4 layers of double thick Teflon tape and it seemed to work a little bit but it was still too lose to stay in the factory position. I guess I might just have to play with the feedneck over turned. Ill try a combination of both tomorrow. Any other suggestions?
soccerstud, that's actually a really good idea for my situation. It seems like the stop point on my feedneck is actually raised which causes it to over turn now. So essentially putting the oring will lower the stop point again. I'll be searching for the nano as well or CP
I ended up doing what soccerstud suggested and it worked like a charm. I used an O-Ring from the spare parts kit and it fit just right...it lowered the stop point so that its nice and tight when I connect my dye, but it was loose enough that my rotor can turn if it takes a hard enough hit. I also tried a combination of the teflon tape and O-ring but the ring alone works best. The tape pushed the O-Ring outwards a little bit, enough to cause the ring to push outwards instead of stopping the neck when turned. Getting a nano looks like close to impossible so I'll most likely look into a CP low rise neck as well since the stock next is so high up. Thanks for all the help!