Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM #106
Umami
Mad as a hatter
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
While reading this, keep in mind that Palestinians are terrorists and Israel has done nothing to provoke it ... or something ...

Gaza Abacus
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 AM #107
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
That's why is pays to have an effective military. The notion that the situation would be more reasonable if the IDF was incompetent is laughable.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 AM #108
Umami
Mad as a hatter
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
That's why is pays to have an effective military. The notion that the situation would be more reasonable if the IDF was incompetent is laughable.
Don't forget effective PR with ties to western media.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 AM #109
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Don't forget effective PR with ties to western media.
This.

Israel has done a tremendous job creating a culture in which its citizens are raised to believe propaganda and believe that any and all Palestinians are no-good, evil people. It's bad enough that some of the Israeli children didn't even know the Palestinians went to school and lived... normal lives.

Both sides are to blame for the violence, but Israel sure seems to get the better end of the stick due to their crackdown on public relations and their ability to persuade the general public as to what is actually going on.

At the same time, the Palestinians are down right crazy to even try to do anything to Israel. Israel is far to powerful, especially for such a minority to try and infiltrate. This battles has been going on for ages and shows no sign of stopping. It's up to the individuals over there to do what they want. I suggest they either move out of there or stop complaining. Either way, it deserves little attention and therefore no support from us.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM #110
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
This.

Israel has done a tremendous job creating a culture in which its citizens are raised to believe propaganda and believe that any and all Palestinians are no-good, evil people. It's bad enough that some of the Israeli children didn't even know the Palestinians went to school and lived... normal lives.

Both sides are to blame for the violence, but Israel sure seems to get the better end of the stick due to their crackdown on public relations and their ability to persuade the general public as to what is actually going on.

At the same time, the Palestinians are down right crazy to even try to do anything to Israel. Israel is far to powerful, especially for such a minority to try and infiltrate. This battles has been going on for ages and shows no sign of stopping. It's up to the individuals over there to do what they want. I suggest they either move out of there or stop complaining. Either way, it deserves little attention and therefore no support from us.
Bingo. It is interesting that the Palestinians are resorting to making appeals to the feminine compassion of the west to aid their cause because they have the obvious underhand. If the Palestinians were the powerful nation, you would still see an identical situation with the Israelis' backs to the wall.

I say let's stay out of it and let what ever may happen, happen. Unless there is an outcome which would directly benefit us.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM #111
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
How does Israel sway relations in their favor that is in conflict with actual events?
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM #112
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Someone I know did some training in Israel for a couple months before, had a nice talk with a couple people that migrated from Palestine. They said Israel took them in with open arms and if there ever is to be peace between the two nations Palestine has to do one thing...Stop bombing Israel. That is from the Palestinian side of things, just so you understand.
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:05 PM #113
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
How does Israel sway relations in their favor that is in conflict with actual events?
Israeli healthcare prioritizes Israelis over any Palestinians. Care for Palestinians can take hours upon hours before any aid is given whereas similar care is provided for Israelis as quickly as possible. Go take a look at the schooling of Israelis and how Palestinians are presented to them. Children are raised being taught that Palestinians aren't even human; that they're born to murder and kill.

Read in to Gideon Levy a bit and you'll get a very neutral perspective of event reporting within the region.

Yes, the actions of some Palestinians are rather crude and terrible. But those actions do not speak for all Palestinians. When you have a cloud of hatred and brainwashing to be seen through, it makes it hard to be seen clearly.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 PM #114
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Provide sources?

Well, Palestinians did democratically elect a terrorist organization to run their government in direct opposition to a party that denounced rocket attacks into Israel so they should be held responsible to a degree.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM #115
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
Provide sources?

Well, Palestinians did democratically elect a terrorist organization to run their government in direct opposition to a party that denounced rocket attacks into Israel so they should be held responsible to a degree.
Please don't take offense to this, but Google up "Gideon Levy" and read his stories.

I'm at work and quite swamped for the time being.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 PM #116
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
I was talking about the hospital and education anecdotes. I'm finding him to be very anti-Israeli establishment. Very ironic to cite that source against alleged Israeli propaganda.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 PM #117
Umami
Mad as a hatter
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
Provide sources?

Well, Palestinians did democratically elect a terrorist organization to run their government in direct opposition to a party that denounced rocket attacks into Israel so they should be held responsible to a degree.
The problem here is that Israel has consistently shown no respect for Palestinian territory, and many likely feel that Israel would expand indefinitely if their actions were not responded to.

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning behind holding voters accountable for voting for a government that they see as doing what they can to defend their land from encroachment. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, dismissing the Palestinian government as terrorists is unfair. Many Palestinians see the IDF as terrorists, I don't see that narrative as any less valid.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM #118
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
I was talking about the hospital and education anecdotes. I'm finding him to be very anti-Israeli establishment. Very ironic to cite that source against alleged Israeli propaganda.
Are you saying a source I'm using to explain the levels of propaganda Israel uses which disagrees with the levels of propaganda being used is ironic?
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 PM #119
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
The problem here is that Israel has consistently shown no respect for Palestinian territory, and many likely feel that Israel would expand indefinitely if their actions were not responded to.

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning behind holding voters accountable for voting for a government that they see as doing what they can to defend their land from encroachment. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, dismissing the Palestinian government as terrorists is unfair. Many Palestinians see the IDF as terrorists, I don't see that narrative as any less valid.
How is it unfair? Hamas publicly said last week, if I can find the NYT article I will link it, that they will continue to fire rockets into Israel with the express purpose of causing terror on the Israeli population, aka terrorism. They know the Iron Dome system makes their offense obsolete but they continue regardless because they feel the terror of warning sirens and retaliatory launches are an effective means of disrupting the Israeli way of life. Israel would stop their attacks on Hamas infrastructure if Hamas agreed to stop launching rockets into Israeli cities, that is known. Israel's goal to their offensive is to make organizations like Hamas or Islamic Jihad incapable of targeting Israeli citizens and as long as the rockets continue to flow, the response will increasingly escalate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Are you saying a source I'm using to explain the levels of propaganda Israel uses which disagrees with the levels of propaganda being used is ironic?
Citing an individual holding a journalistic goal of anti-Israeli publications to describe Israeli propaganda is ironic.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:21 PM #120
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
Citing an individual holding a journalistic goal of anti-Israeli publications to describe Israeli propaganda is ironic.
Saying that is his goal is pretty far-fetched. He's an Israeli, born and raised. He worked for their military and has spent enough time there to know what things are like. He holds an opinion and gives reports to support his ideas. Of ****ing course he isn't going to hold the most favorable opinions towards something he thinks is being misrepresented. You seem to be looking for only things that agree with your preconceived notions about the field of study. That's being intellectually dishonest. Him not favoring the Israeli government means nothing in regards to his merit of journalism. Hell, it's rather hypocritical to think that at all. I'm trying to tell you that the Israeli government essentially brainwashes the population through propaganda and other means... He's saying exactly that.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 PM #121
Umami
Mad as a hatter
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
Israel would stop their attacks on Hamas infrastructure if Hamas agreed to stop launching rockets into Israeli cities, that is known.
Bull****.

http://www.businessinsider.com/netan...attack-2012-11

Israel has repeatedly expanded into Palestinian lands without provocation, what do you expect Palestinians to do, just let their homes be demolished?
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM #122
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
That sentence was clearing pertaining to the current conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Saying that is his goal is pretty far-fetched. He's an Israeli, born and raised. He worked for their military and has spent enough time there to know what things are like. He holds an opinion and gives reports to support his ideas. Of ****ing course he isn't going to hold the most favorable opinions towards something he thinks is being misrepresented. You seem to be looking for only things that agree with your preconceived notions about the field of study. That's being intellectually dishonest. Him not favoring the Israeli government means nothing in regards to his merit of journalism. Hell, it's rather hypocritical to think that at all. I'm trying to tell you that the Israeli government essentially brainwashes the population through propaganda and other means... He's saying exactly that.
Get the sand out of your vagina and don't cite obvious reporter bias to further a point then moan because you're called out on it. You're being intellectually dishonest. There is plenty of reporting on the issue around the world to cite your previous statements, as long as they exist, that don't require sources personally attached to a specific side. Let me cite John Gruber regarding how crappy Android is...
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 PM #123
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Israel has repeatedly expanded into Palestinian lands without provocation, what do you expect Palestinians to do, just let their homes be demolished?
pretty much yea, Palestinians have started **** from day one. Perhaps if they didnt provoke Israel, they wouldn't get their butts handed to them. Props to Israel for having restraint and not just wiping every last palestinian out to the last man, woman, and child.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 PM #124
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division


You can't trust people who ride 3 guys to one motorcycle.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11...rough-streets/
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 PM #125
ElJefe13
 
 
ElJefe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Utah
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek

You can't trust people who ride 3 guys to one motorcycle.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11...rough-streets/
You know it's a bad picture when the dead body being dragged through the streets is not the first thing you notice.
ElJefe13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:10 PM #126
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
Get the sand out of your vagina and don't cite obvious reporter bias to further a point then moan because you're called out on it. You're being intellectually dishonest. There is plenty of reporting on the issue around the world to cite your previous statements, as long as they exist, that don't require sources personally attached to a specific side. Let me cite John Gruber regarding how crappy Android is...
So, what you're saying is that things are only valid if they already agree with your viewpoints. Got it. Thanks.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump