PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 PM #295
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
Yeah, I know people that have tested this. In Saudi Arabian cities, you can leave your car unlocked with keys in the ignition, and the car door open, and most of the time no one will steal it.
its like that anywhere thats not impoverished
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2012, 04:19 PM #296
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy R. McNuggs

its like that anywhere thats not impoverished
You try doing that in any US city. It'll be gone in 5 minutes.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 PM #297
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy R. McNuggs

umm

"they are stealing our cattle and raping our wimminz"

is that not tangible

makes sense:
America supports israel, our enemy which deprives people (that look like us and speak our language and share our culture) of resources and language. therefore we will kill americans so that americans will not want to support israel

ridiculous sick joke:
sky fairy is offended by reckless sex and drugs of America. therefore we will kill americans
Let's take that one step further.
Common decency is offended by the reckless sex and drugs of Americans.
Its not just to allow Americans to have reckless sex and drugs.

You can say that replacing sky fairy with any deity/ideology, and you can replace sex and drugs with any action.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM #298
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Arguably. I edited my post to say liberty instead of democracy.

The truth of the matter is that violence over principles is the same thing across the board. Most people have their heads jammed too far up the biasses to see that. Look at the ends, not the means.
Fix'd.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 PM #299
Treghc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Not if your a female. And you better convest to islam, or be penalized by society and government.
Do American Muslims do this?

European Muslims?

What about areas outside of Saudi Arabia in the Middle East?

What you're describing is a cultural following, not a religious one.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 PM #300
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Do American Muslims do this?

European Muslims?

What about areas outside of Saudi Arabia in the Middle East?

What you're describing is a cultural following, not a religious one.
Cultural following equates to the implementation of muslim law.

Those other governments don't allow muslims to enforce sharia law.

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 PM #301
Treghc

Quote:
Cultural following equates to the implementation of muslim law.

Those other governments don't allow muslims to enforce sharia law.
And where exactly in Sharia law does it say this?

You do understand the penalty imposed is about Muslims converting away from Islam rather than not being Islamic to begin with, right?

And you're leaping pretty far to say other governments don't allow Sharia law. Plenty do, especially within the ME. Yet, the vast majority of those countries do not share the position of death penalty for lack of Islamic belief.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien

Last edited by Treghc : 11-27-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM #302
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
And where exactly in Sharia law does it say this?

You do understand the penalty imposed is about Muslims converting away from Islam rather than not being Islamic to begin with, right?

And you're leaping pretty far to say other governments don't allow Sharia law. Plenty do, especially within the ME. Yet, the vast majority of those countries do not share the position of death penalty for lack of Islamic belief.
Anyone inside Saudi Arabia caught practicing any religion other than islam is prosecuted by the government. That is just sad.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM #303
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution

Anyone inside Saudi Arabia caught practicing any religion other than islam is prosecuted by the government. That is just sad.
Not true. There are plenty of people in Saudi Arabia that are not Muslim BUT you cannot actively convert. No missionaries are allowed into Saudi Arabia. Which is sad, and a bit paranoid, but it is their governments decision. But you can practice any religion you like in your own home.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM #304
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Then don't live in Saudi Arabia if you are not a muslim...

People have the right to be governed how they please according to our principles. Therefore, if the majority chooses a theocracy (see Iran 79), then they have the right to be theocratic. Others may leave or stay and deal with it. That's right out of our playbook.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM #305
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Not true. There are plenty of people in Saudi Arabia that are not Muslim BUT you cannot actively convert. No missionaries are allowed into Saudi Arabia. Which is sad, and a bit paranoid, but it is their governments decision. But you can practice any religion you like in your own home.
Your incorrect, http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Catho...yadh-5869.html

Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 PM #306
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Then don't live in Saudi Arabia if you are not a muslim...

People have the right to be governed how they please according to our principles. Therefore, if the majority chooses a theocracy (see Iran 79), then they have the right to be theocratic. Others may leave or stay and deal with it. That's right out of our playbook.
The people of Saudi Arabia don't get to choose how they're governed, the royal family rules them. There have never been any national elections in SA.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:52 PM #307
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
The people of Saudi Arabia don't get to choose how they're governed, the royal family rules them. There have never been any national elections in SA.
They allow it by not removing it.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 PM #308
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
They allow it by not removing it.
Is this really a position you wish to maintain?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 PM #309
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Yeah, I know people that have tested this. In Saudi Arabian cities, you can leave your car unlocked with keys in the ignition, and the car door open, and most of the time no one will steal it.
Quote:
You try doing that in any US city. It'll be gone in 5 minutes.
Are you aware of the punishment differences in the US vs Saudi Arabia for theft at that degree?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 PM #310
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TIL That radical Christians are almost as annoying as radical Muslims.

Don't EVER say that USA is a Christian nation. Nor will it ever be. When was the last time the US declared a war in the name of religion? Never.

Some Islamic nations are more peaceful than the USA because they don't have a choice. Especially against us. Most have been next door while we have demonstrated our power with ease. Our men and women are half way across the world with our soldiers at the doorstep of their country ready to attack. Doesn't sound like a fight worth fighting to me.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM #311
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Are you aware of the punishment differences in the US vs Saudi Arabia for theft at that degree?
Could you tell me those differences?

I already know your ignorant answer. Here's a nice video. Skip to 6 minutes

Last edited by SupraSuper : 11-27-2012 at 08:34 PM.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 PM #312
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
Is this really a position you wish to maintain?
The foundation of this country is built upon the idea that people have the right and even the duty to displace any government which is no longer fit to rule the people. I am maintaining that line of thinking for the sake of this discussion. Truly, I think it's bull****, but he likely doesn't. I am taking a stance of his own to show a hypocrisy.

To expand upon it:
-It is a people's duty to displace a government not governing in the interest of the people's wished.
-Saudi Arabia has seen no such revolt (at least to my understanding).
-If this truly were a county of oppressed people forced into Islamic sharia law, either a) they like it (or atleast can stand it) or b) aren't fulfilling their duty as a citizen.
-The lack of any sort of civil unrest to what is being portrayed as sheer unethical tyranny doesn't quite add up.

P.S. I ignored the fact that Saudi Arabia has had municipal elections since 1939. Sounds a bit odd for a tyrannical theocracy, eh?

--
At this point, we are far off topic because of a few weak arguments. To bring us back, I have yet to see any real evidence of Islam as being a more violent religion than Christianity. To be clear, I am a Christian.

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 11-27-2012 at 09:32 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM #313
Maximum Liberty

[quote=TheSilentAssassin;77362592]The foundation of this country is built upon the idea that people have the right and even the duty to displace any government which is no longer fit to rule the people. I am maintaining that line of thinking for the sake of this discussion. Truly, I think it's bull****, but he likely doesn't. I am taking a stance of his own to show a hypocrisy.

To expand upon it:
-It is a people's duty to displace a government not governing in the interest of the people's wished.
-Saudi Arabia has seen no such revolt (at least to my understanding).
-If this truly were a county of oppressed people forced into Islamic sharia law, either a) they like it (or atleast can stand it) or b) aren't fulfilling their duty as a citizen.
-The lack of any sort of civil unrest to what is being portrayed as sheer unethical tyranny doesn't quite add up.

P.S. I ignored the fact that Saudi Arabia has had municipal elections since 1939. Sounds a bit odd for a tyrannical theocracy, eh?

--
At this point, we are far off topic because of a few weak arguments. To bring us back, I have yet to see any real evidence of Islam as being a more violent religion than C
hristiaity. To be clear, I am a Christian.[/?]

The people have no right to overthrow a legitimate authority. It is the duty of the authority to ensure the wellbeing of the people. Revolution has failed to solve problems of corruption while resultant orders have failed to provide wellbeing by any significant objective measure. It has always been he charge of a few to lead the many.
Thww
Maximum Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM #314
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Liberty View Post

The people have no right to overthrow a legitimate authority. It is the duty of the authority to ensure the wellbeing of the people. Revolution has failed to solve problems of corruption while resultant orders have failed to provide wellbeing by any significant objective measure. It has always been he charge of a few to lead the many.
Thww
That's awfully unamerican of you.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM #315
Treghc

Quote:
That's awfully unamerican of you.
I was about to comment on the irony of his username. This works though.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien