Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 AM #421
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
The point isn't the number but the position relative to other nations. 25% without context is meaningless. That has not changed.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 AM #422
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Such as? If you're talking about the small percentage that was investigated, they still found that the fraud was 15% or greater in each state, all 3 years.
That's like saying police arrested 45% of drivers investigated for drunk driving, therefore, 45% of all drivers are intoxicated.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 AM #423
firl21
Atlanta Overdose
 
firl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alpharetta GA
firl21 is playing at Living Legends VI
firl21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post
His mistake is being an entitled ******* who is spending almost half of his total take home pay on paintball and then complaining that not only does he deserve government handouts, but that taxes are too high.
Perhaps I didn't make my point clear.

Im not clamoring for handouts, I happen to be entitled and I understand that.

But the issue is that I shouldn't be barred from working for my school because my dad has money, I shouldn't be barred from federal aid because my dad has money

image 2 families.

on is a multi millionare family

the other is living on the poverty line

the poverty line gives the child housing, food, and a schooling to there child free of charge, and he gets financial aid

the multi millionare family, charges there kid for rent, makes him buy his own food, and makes him pay for college, the kid is not eligible for financial aid.

Im personally opposed to handouts, even if I qualified for them I wouldn't take tham. But work/study programs im all for.

and before you call me an entitled ******* would my argument mean more if I wasent spending money on paintball? would it mean more if my dad made less money?

As far as the tax issue is, it dosent matter how much I make, I don't like people taking my money. if I made a million a year or 10k a year, I want my money.

and 50 out of 180 is not half, its less than a third
and ontop of that I can do what ever the hell I want with my money. just because I was making minimum wage last month didn't mean I was broke.

I was running a company last year that made some serious bank.
the past 3 months have been slow as hell but that why I took the damn minimum wage job.
http://www.northpointcourier.com/
go ahead and text the number ill respond.
__________________
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PAINTBALL FIELD
Major Azodin Fan
firl21 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 AM #424
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Get your student dependency status changed, or try to. The EFC part of the FAFSA is crap-tastic.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 AM #425
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
That's like saying police arrested 45% of drivers investigated for drunk driving, therefore, 45% of all drivers are intoxicated.
You have the data, you can misread it however you want.


You can't fix stupid.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM #426
Lazarusrat
 
 
Lazarusrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
which part of WE ARE SPENDING WAY TOO MUCH DAMN MONEY do you leftists not understand? You cannot solve this by simply taxing rich people as it only pays for running the democrat government spending policies for under 10 days.

We must decrease our spending habits to more sustainable levels. That's like saying to yourself, hmmm we are going broke and have no more money to spend. How will we get out of debt? Well, I could either max out all my credit cards and keep applying for more credit or I can stop spending so much money. Republicans believe in cutting spending and allowing the private sector to do what it is supposed to do. Democrats believe in maxing out the credit cards and then applying for more credit cards to max out.
So my question, Mr. Fiscal Responcabliity, is where wre you when Bush and your GOP were busy passing $18 Billion on Energry subsides including $2.8 billion for Oil companies? Where were you when Bush passed a $190 Billion farm subsidey bill? Or $590 million in foreign aid to Africa for AIDS prevention? Or spent Trillions of dollars we don't have fighting in Iraq?

With a $1,089 Billion federal deficit, we need to raise taxes and cut spend across the board.

You ask where are the Republicians on the fiscal cliff deal? You didn't see them because there simply aren't any fiscally conservative Republicans anymore. The Republican party has been consummed by Neo-Cons who don't believe in fiscal conservatism; They believe in tax breaks for all, big business subsides and bail outs, foreign aid and defense spending, and while they talk about governmnet being "too big" they have no issue about making it even bigger by creating even more government agencies.

IMHO... Until you have a party that actually belives in being fiscally conservative you might as well vote Democrat because if we are going spend money we don't have we are better off giving it to our citizens than Multi-National Corperations.
__________________
"If you prepare for the zombie apocalypse, you'll be prepared for all hazards," CDC spokesman Dave Daigle told Reuters over the phone on Thursday.
Lazarusrat is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM #427
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat View Post
...
IMHO... Until you have a party that actually belives in being fiscally conservative you might as well vote Democrat because if we are going spend money we don't have we are better off giving it to our citizens than Multi-National Corperations.
If you're going to give it to the citizens, give it to all citizens... not some of this Animal Farm horse puckey.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM #428
AlphaNeo36
lapping your tears
 
AlphaNeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 765-IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
You have the data, you can misread it however you want.


The percentage investigated for fraud are people suspected of fraud. In Maryland's case in FY2011 that was 1291 of 645,349 people in the program. Of those suspected of fraud, 323 were found to be defrauding the system. But for some strange reason you make it out like 25% of people in the program are statically defrauding the program when that's not what the report is saying at all. You have the data, you can misread it however you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by from your own link, lol
In Maryland, seven recipients were prosecuted last year while another 113 cases, which involved smaller infractions, were settled outside the courts. Of the nearly 1,300 Maryland cases that were investigated, 25 percent contained evidence of fraud and another 17 percent revealed overpayments, according to information from the Maryland Department of Human Resources. In the District, just five cases were criminally prosecuted last fiscal year.
derp


Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
You can't fix stupid.
Don't belittle yourself like that.



So yeah, my analogy is perfectly accurate.
__________________
Overbear: better 10 innocent men be convicted, than a single guilty man go free to commit more crime.
Overbear: I prefer that I be given a license to shoot anyone who would pick socialism or communism over the basic freedoms inherent to consumerism.
MatrixBaller04 AKA EricS6661: I can guarantee something will happen between now and February 9th.
yesme: i'm not saying you should invest in gold first off, you would be much better off to invest in food,stuff you use and will keep for a couple of years, like razors
Blake360: in highschool, my teacher's father worked for the CIA and she brought my class documents proving the Roswell crash was of extraterrestrial origin.
AlphaNeo36 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM #429
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I wish there was a way to count the number of people NOT caught ...
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM #430
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan
 
Snake13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by firl21 View Post
Perhaps I didn't make my point clear.

Im not clamoring for handouts, I happen to be entitled and I understand that.

But the issue is that I shouldn't be barred from working for my school because my dad has money, I shouldn't be barred from federal aid because my dad has money

image 2 families.

on is a multi millionare family

the other is living on the poverty line

the poverty line gives the child housing, food, and a schooling to there child free of charge, and he gets financial aid

the multi millionare family, charges there kid for rent, makes him buy his own food, and makes him pay for college, the kid is not eligible for financial aid.

Im personally opposed to handouts, even if I qualified for them I wouldn't take tham. But work/study programs im all for.

and before you call me an entitled ******* would my argument mean more if I wasent spending money on paintball? would it mean more if my dad made less money?

As far as the tax issue is, it dosent matter how much I make, I don't like people taking my money. if I made a million a year or 10k a year, I want my money.

and 50 out of 180 is not half, its less than a third
and ontop of that I can do what ever the hell I want with my money. just because I was making minimum wage last month didn't mean I was broke.

I was running a company last year that made some serious bank.
the past 3 months have been slow as hell but that why I took the damn minimum wage job.
http://www.northpointcourier.com/
go ahead and text the number ill respond.
Your **** is disjointed and contradictory. You don't want government handouts but then you complain you can't get federal student aid. You complain that you're getting ****ed out of "poverty benefits" that you need, but then brag about how successful you are and how you can spend your money how you damn please. I don't think you have a ****ing clue what "living on the poverty line" actually entails, in fact based on the fact the only way you could be paying income tax on your minimum wage is being listed as a dependent on someone else's taxes, I don't think you even have a ****ing clue what "paying the bills" ****ing entails.

When I was college aged I was lucky to have any money for paintball because I had to do things like pay the rent. Now that I've done two combat deployments and earned a college education that I could never afford when I was your age. Now that I've worked my *** off and finally have enough money to do things I want to do, like play paintball whenever I want, you're telling me you're pissed because you can't use my taxes to subsidize your college education so your privileged *** doesn't have to make such great sacrifices as cutting into your weekly paintball budget!?

And then in the same breath you ***** about the government taking your money!?

You've got your head so far up your *** I don't even know what to say to you. I want to agree with you about the way they calculate expected family contribution cause I do think its bull**** that independent young adults in their mid twenties living on their own get ****ed, but you're the ****ing poster child for the rules being set up the way they are.

I will admit to ****ing up the math, I was comparing to the $70 gas and food budget without bothering to notice it didn't add up to the total. It doesn't really change my point though.

edit: also, do you double space your whole post just to be ****ing obnoxious, or can you just not help yourself because obnoxious is your natural ****ing state?
Snake13 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM #431
2ffu
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
What's a mistake about that? He's obviously a really young kid with mostly a free ride living at home right now. What he fails to realize though is how much living at home with his rich dad is actually worth, and he doesn't get poverty benefits because of it. He also doesn't seem to understand his actual tax rate. But none of that makes spending his disposable cash on paintball a mistake.
He's not a ****ing child, well maybe a man child. He is in college and can't see that paintball is a luxury item compared to what he needs to survive in college.
2ffu is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM #432
Lazarusrat
 
 
Lazarusrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
If you're going to give it to the citizens, give it to all citizens... not some of this Animal Farm horse puckey.
If the choice is Some OR None, I'm still choosing Some.
__________________
"If you prepare for the zombie apocalypse, you'll be prepared for all hazards," CDC spokesman Dave Daigle told Reuters over the phone on Thursday.
Lazarusrat is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:58 AM #433
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce
 
SniperForce-Duffek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
That's like saying police arrested 45% of drivers investigated for drunk driving, therefore, 45% of all drivers are intoxicated.
Typically...You don't get arrested until you have proving that you are indeed intoxicated.
__________________
Kick *** military apparel _ Mars Strategic

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM #434
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
Typically...You don't get arrested until you have proving that you are indeed intoxicated.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM #435
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat View Post
So my question, Mr. Fiscal Responcabliity, is where wre you when Bush and your GOP were busy passing $18 Billion on Energry subsides including $2.8 billion for Oil companies? Where were you when Bush passed a $190 Billion farm subsidey bill? Or $590 million in foreign aid to Africa for AIDS prevention? Or spent Trillions of dollars we don't have fighting in Iraq?

With a $1,089 Billion federal deficit, we need to raise taxes and cut spend across the board.

You ask where are the Republicians on the fiscal cliff deal? You didn't see them because there simply aren't any fiscally conservative Republicans anymore. The Republican party has been consummed by Neo-Cons who don't believe in fiscal conservatism; They believe in tax breaks for all, big business subsides and bail outs, foreign aid and defense spending, and while they talk about governmnet being "too big" they have no issue about making it even bigger by creating even more government agencies.

IMHO... Until you have a party that actually belives in being fiscally conservative you might as well vote Democrat because if we are going spend money we don't have we are better off giving it to our citizens than Multi-National Corperations.
I have never said I agree with everything the Bush administration did, seeing as they truly did cause a recession in 08.

However, at least Republicans notice that our debt is going up $1 trillion per year because we are spending way too much damn money and realize we need to cut back somehow. All the Democrats keep doing is spending as much money as possible and basically say "It will be someone else's problem."

Also, couldn't it be argued that where Democrats love giving free money and living to all those citizens, Republicans believe you should make jobs and give them a better life as opposed to waiting for an entitlement check month to month? Do you have any idea how many people probably don't even look for a job every day anymore because they have realized they might as well just keep collecting their checks.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:39 PM #436
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
James, explain the difference between the terms "cyclical" and "structural" deficit
licence2kill is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:45 PM #437
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty
 
Tafari Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Addis Ababa
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
James, explain the difference between the terms "cyclical" and "structural" deficit
You should know better than to ask a question like that...
__________________
Magen VeLo Yera'e

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:49 PM #438
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
This just in.... the Democrats fiscal cliff plan that was passed yesterday will be adding roughly $4 trillion to our debt.

"The fiscal cliff deal approved by Congress will increase deficits over the next decade by close to $4 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

"As a result, the CBO estimates that the bill will reduce revenues over 10 years by $3.64 trillion and increase spending by $332 billion."

http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/01/news...liff-deal-cbo/
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:55 PM #439
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
I think I asked you a completely direct and fair question james.
licence2kill is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:57 PM #440
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
This just in.... the Democrats fiscal cliff plan that was passed yesterday will be adding roughly $4 trillion to our debt.

"The fiscal cliff deal approved by Congress will increase deficits over the next decade by close to $4 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

"As a result, the CBO estimates that the bill will reduce revenues over 10 years by $3.64 trillion and increase spending by $332 billion."

http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/01/news...liff-deal-cbo/
You know nothing about baselines do you?
licence2kill is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM #441
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan
 
Snake13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
This just in.... the Democrats fiscal cliff plan that was passed yesterday will be adding roughly $4 trillion to our debt.

"The fiscal cliff deal approved by Congress will increase deficits over the next decade by close to $4 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

"As a result, the CBO estimates that the bill will reduce revenues over 10 years by $3.64 trillion and increase spending by $332 billion."

http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/01/news...liff-deal-cbo/
Did you actually read the article you are quoting?

Quote:
That estimate is relative to a benchmark where all the Bush tax cuts expire and the the fiscal cliff stays in place. Technically, that's what would happen if Congress had done nothing to avert the cliff....

....Compared to that more realistic scenario, the fiscal cliff bill will actually reduce deficits somewhat -- various estimates suggest by roughly $600 billion, and more with interest savings. The CBO did not offer a cost estimate for the Senate bill relative to this more realistic scenario....
Snake13 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump