Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 08:23 PM #400
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Try using your critical thinking skills.
I did, that sample size would be statistically insignificant.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM #401
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Such as? If you're talking about the small percentage that was investigated, they still found that the fraud was 15% or greater in each state, all 3 years.

I'm not even really going to touch on this much, but then there are also those who "qualify" but don't actually need it. I know there is no evidence of this, but let's please try not to act like every person on welfare is a saint and that every person registered for it is needing it.
We're not pretending, we have the data on our side. You're the one who's projecting.
licence2kill is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 PM #402
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Just so everyone knows, EBT cards can be used on behalf of the holders by other people. Disability is a large reason people need public benefits.

Regarding renewable energy, the federal funding is driving a huge important industry right now that is doing a hell of a lot of good around the nation.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:50 PM #403
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Just so everyone knows, EBT cards can be used on behalf of the holders by other people. Disability is a large reason people need public benefits.

Regarding renewable energy, the federal funding is driving a huge important industry right now that is doing a hell of a lot of good around the nation.
still dont understand why the government feels the need to be giving tax extensions or control stimulus packages for renewable energy. if it is such a thriving and "doing good" business then the private companies will be sprouting up everywhere and taking advantage of the large sums of money to be made.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM #404
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Most big technological breakthroughs come via government funded research.

It's really not a bad thing to be spending money on, especially when we can easily afford it.
licence2kill is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM #405
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Most big technological breakthroughs come via government funded research.

It's really not a bad thing to be spending money on, especially when we can easily afford it.
You define increasing the national deficit by $1 trillion every single year and reaching our national borrowing limit as being "we can easily afford it??"

My god you can't get any more Democrat can you?
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 PM #406
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
We're not pretending, we have the data on our side. You're the one who's projecting.
What data? The national rate per 100 dollars in overpayment was 3.05. The US dishes out 80 billion each year so in 2011 so if I did this correctly, that would over 2.4 billion in overpayments.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-buy/?page=all

I wish I could find the link which had data on the amount of users who receive food stamps being on the program for multiple years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
especially when we can easily afford it.
Lol'd.

edit: This is so dumb it's sig worthy.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM #407
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
It's easy to fund research if you prioritize it. Thankfully defense spending is sacred and goes to a lot of research.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 PM #408
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
You define increasing the national deficit by $1 trillion every single year and reaching our national borrowing limit as being "we can easily afford it??"

My god you can't get any more Democrat can you?
With everything we spend our money on, green energy is one of the top things that's worth it.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 PM #409
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
With everything we spend our money on, green energy is one of the top things that's worth it.
However that is not what he is saying at all. He seems to think that spending hundreds of billions of dollars and giving tax extensions to green energy companies is worth it because it is so easy for the United States to afford this right now.

I am all for trying to pursue green energy and get rid of our giant reliance on oil, but our government wants too much control with the sector and is spending way too much money as it is right now. I believe there are other ways of encouraging green energy development without spending as much.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:13 PM #410
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
You define increasing the national deficit by $1 trillion every single year and reaching our national borrowing limit as being "we can easily afford it??"

My god you can't get any more Democrat can you?
The only things driving our long term structural deficit is health care cost inflation and low tax receipts, thats it. Fix those two and we're done.
licence2kill is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 PM #411
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
You define increasing the national deficit by $1 trillion every single year
Lol. You don't even know the difference between deficit and debt... How can you expect to have a conversation when you don't even understand the terms you are using?
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 PM #412
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
In terms of dollars spent the federal government is just a giant insurance company for old people that also has its own army. The only reason morons like James ***** so much about discretionary spending is so they can make a political point. It has nothing to do with sovereign finance.
licence2kill is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 PM #413
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Lol. You don't even know the difference between deficit and debt... How can you expect to have a conversation when you don't even understand the terms you are using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
In terms of dollars spent the federal government is just a giant insurance company for old people that also has its own army. The only reason morons like James ***** so much about discretionary spending is so they can make a political point. It has nothing to do with sovereign finance.
haha ya i meant debt. that was my bad.

Yes.... I am clearly a moron because I believe spending spending spending spending spending spending spending spending spending spending spending is not the answer to all of our country's problems. What happens when we spend too much and hit that point of no return which we will hit one day if nothing is fixed? But hey, at least the Democrats in office right now are happy because they taxed the rich. Now they are making enough money to afford their spending habits for 8 days! Congratulations.
__________________
STAY GOLD

Last edited by jamest91 : 01-01-2013 at 09:49 PM.
jamest91 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM #414
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
House just passed. Seems as if this whole 'cliff' fiasco is over in the short run.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM #415
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Wish someone had the balls to bring up defense spending cuts.

A sigh of relief before another "crisis" comes with the debt ceiling, in what, 2 months?
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 PM #416
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
haha ya i meant debt. that was my bad.

Yes.... I am clearly a moron because I believe spending spending spending spending spending spending spending spending spending spending spending is not the answer to all of our country's problems. What happens when we spend too much and hit that point of no return which we will hit one day if nothing is fixed? But hey, at least the Democrats in office right now are happy because they taxed the rich. Now they are making enough money to afford their spending habits for 8 days! Congratulations.
You act as if we spend a lot, but in reality the opposite is true. Compared to industrialized nations, we spend much less. We are damn near the bottom. And you want to cut spending...


The problem is not overspending. It's quite the opposite.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 PM #417
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
You act as if we spend a lot, but in reality the opposite is true. Compared to industrialized nations, we spend much less. We are damn near the bottom. And you want to cut spending...


The problem is not overspending. It's quite the opposite.
You know a lot of the EU countries on that chart spending more than us are bankrupt right? But atleast they have universal healthcare.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 PM #418
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Care to substantiate your conjecture?
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM #419
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Father View Post
I don't care if other countries want to run themselves into the ground, I don't want it to happen here.
We would be ignorant to ignore the evidence from the rest of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
You know a lot of the EU countries on that chart spending more than us are bankrupt right? But atleast they have universal healthcare.
That would mean something if you have no understanding of how debt works.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline  
Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 AM #420
benji25
Legen (wait for it) Dary
 
benji25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities
benji25 is a Moderator
benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 is playing at Living Legends V
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 supports our troops
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post

You act as if we spend a lot, but in reality the opposite is true. Compared to industrialized nations, we spend much less. We are damn near the bottom. And you want to cut spending...

The problem is not overspending. It's quite the opposite.
You realize that chart is 6 years old right?
It is almost 25% nowadays.
benji25 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump