Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-04-2012, 01:14 PM #1
xxxGoatxxx
xxxShortBusxxx

xxxGoatxxx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Valken Paint For SuperGame 45

Black Hawk Down was a blast all the players there were awesome Thanks to Warpaint Inc. For a great scenario game the battle for the black hawk reminded me of supergame and the battle for the dmz red vs yellow just going at it. I would also like to thank Dan Bonebrake and Ryan Sexton for bring Valken Paint to the event.. For all who was there choice was yours at Black Hawk Down. From Field, graffiti to even redemption. I would love to have Valken Paint at Supergame 45. And again thank Dan. You always put on a great events.
xxxGoatxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 PM #2
Big Dawg-MB
Twisted Steel

I love Valken paint and have always had great success with the Graffiti & Redemption paint levels. I would love to see Valken be the designated paint for SG45. Blackhawk Down was a great time and getting to shot Valken at this event made it that much better. Thank you Dan for another great event and giving us some of the best produced events in the Pacific NW.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:57 PM #3
PDX-Jackal
Paint is delicious

PDX-Jackal is playing at Living Legends III
PDX-Jackal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I told Dan at the event i wanted valken at sg. Paint did great yesterday
PDX-Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 PM #4
KaCaBUla

has been a member for 10 years
KaCaBUla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i shot graffiti and didnt shoot the field paint. did anyone have major problems with the field? some said there was major dimpling and flat spots.
KaCaBUla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 AM #5
Xaber

Ryan from Valken acknowledged the issues with the field paint and he wasn't happy about it either, but the Graffiti looked great!

At the end of the day... I shot more people than shot me, which always makes for a great day of paintball. Props to Dan, Ryan and everyone at Warpaint and Valken for putting on a terrific event! Crossfire had a fantastic time playing with and against all the teams and players who made it out.

"Preach the gospel at all times, and when necessary use paint."

Proudly Sponsored by: Impact Action Sports, GI Sportz, Bellagios Pizza, Guru Gun Stands, Jimmy Hickey Photography, Rockstar Energy

Last edited by Xaber : 11-05-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Xaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 AM #6
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
There were a lot of dimples, and it did not break on target (on me or the other team). I feel this led to over shooting. IN one scneario I was shot at least 5 times from farily close range on my right arm. I called myself out and none of them actually broke. Basically if the paint did not hit something hard (Mask, Tank, Marker, then it was not breaking. That was my experience.

Frankly the field paint was some of the worst paint I have used in a while. If this is what is going to be at supergame, then that does not make me happy. I understand that field paint is not going to be the best paint, but if it doesn't break on target, then I am playing airsoft and not paintball. IN the same fashion, I should not have to pay more to get product that works as intended.
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 AM #7
PDX-Jackal
Paint is delicious

PDX-Jackal is playing at Living Legends III
PDX-Jackal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Weirdly, my first bag was the only one i had problems with. Actually had the field break when i was dropping them onto my car during pod fills, so it wasn't too hard from my experience
PDX-Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 AM #8
CaptainA
OK Company

I would echo concerns with the field paint. I was hit repeatedly and it bounced from fairly close ranges. One even hit the side of my mask/head and bounced off of it. Many team members had very dimpled and misshapen balls with the field paint. Everyone that had graffiti plus did well though.
CaptainA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:20 PM #9
souter24

souter24 supports our troops
souter24 plays in the APPA D5 division
souter24 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have to second the field paint, it was dimpled or even flat on some.. I did notice that I had to over shoot for it to actually break. It even bounced off of some near by bunkers when shooting about about 30ft away. But I would like to see Valken paint at supergame. as i noticed the higher grades where breaking on contact.
TEAM BLACKSHEEP #26

Angels of Death - All Girls Speedball Team

(CEF) Commonwealth

Moving & Have to downsize sale.
souter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 PM #10
OKC-Arturo

BHD was an epic fun time, big thanks to Dan and everyone who put on a grade A event. I had a total blast and will definitely go again.

Once I switched over to grafiti it was all good. The field paint was $50 down the toilet though, not cool.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 PM #11
Valken Corps Supreme
Valken Staff

Valken Corps Supreme works for a Paintball manufacturer
The field paint did have some flat spots. When drop testing the paint it definitely did not seem bouncy. I tested it on flat metal at head high every ball broke. I also shot the paint at the game. At the chrono range as well as at the buildings and bunkers. Even at 60 yards every ball broke. Granted my paint came right out of the truck and was shot. With humidity any paintball exposed to it will become more bouncy. Providing paint on a scale of BHD or SG you have to pick paint on the side of the majority. I could have brought a paint more brittle for the field paint, but if the storm was worse or if it got colder then we would have had people breaking paint in their guns. Personally I would rather shoot a little more then have to clean my barrel.

So I chose to bring field paint that would work even if the temp dropped and in the vast majority of gun types.

I do apologize if some of you had a less then great experience with the field grade paint. But take into consideration your expectations of entry level paint in the weather conditions we had. A couple of you that complained about the field grade even told me that you are used to shooting the Graffiti and or Redemption and love it. Just to add a little bit of perspective there are 3 levels of paint in between Graffiti and Field. With more stable weather ie. May and August its easier to have a ball that breaks easier at the entry level. I hope you guys will give me the benefit of the doubt and hopefully we will see that paint at SuperGame.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:32 PM #12
CaptainA
OK Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken Corps Supreme View Post
The field paint did have some flat spots. When drop testing the paint it definitely did not seem bouncy. I tested it on flat metal at head high every ball broke. I also shot the paint at the game. At the chrono range as well as at the buildings and bunkers. Even at 60 yards every ball broke. Granted my paint came right out of the truck and was shot. With humidity any paintball exposed to it will become more bouncy. Providing paint on a scale of BHD or SG you have to pick paint on the side of the majority. I could have brought a paint more brittle for the field paint, but if the storm was worse or if it got colder then we would have had people breaking paint in their guns. Personally I would rather shoot a little more then have to clean my barrel.

So I chose to bring field paint that would work even if the temp dropped and in the vast majority of gun types.

I do apologize if some of you had a less then great experience with the field grade paint. But take into consideration your expectations of entry level paint in the weather conditions we had. A couple of you that complained about the field grade even told me that you are used to shooting the Graffiti and or Redemption and love it. Just to add a little bit of perspective there are 3 levels of paint in between Graffiti and Field. With more stable weather ie. May and August its easier to have a ball that breaks easier at the entry level. I hope you guys will give me the benefit of the doubt and hopefully we will see that paint at SuperGame.
I hear what you are saying and appreciate your comments.

However, the price we paid for the field grade paint was one step below the graffiti paint, not three steps below. I was frustrated that I paid even ($45) for the pre-reg price and felt that the price for the field paint did not reflect the value that it was.

I would like to add that I am a huge fan of the Graffiti and Redemption product lines and have had nothing but positive experiences with it, the field paint was less than stellar IMO.
CaptainA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 PM #13
OKC-Arturo

Not looking to cause a stink in this thread but I've actually shot field standard paint at all BHD and SG's since 08 and never had a problem. (barring first BHD of course, that was WAYYY worse). If you're curious if we want that specific type of base field paint at SG, my answer to you would be no, thank you. May Super Game's weather can be just as damp, cold, rainy, etc.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM #14
sethd924
OK Company

Dan should just offer Graffiti and Redemption from Valken and he'd have the best reviews of paint ever for any SG. Since, I don't think he'll do that, let's hope Valken has some tricks up their sleeves.

Valken has been AWESOME paint (in the above 2 grades) to me over the last 3 years, so I trust their judgement when they say it was a one time deal... they get that benefit from me.

Cheers
sethd924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM #15
pawbahr

I have to tell you the Field paint at BHD was horrible. I have not shot paint that bad in a long time.
pawbahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM #16
Valken Corps Supreme
Valken Staff

Valken Corps Supreme works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethd924 View Post
Dan should just offer Graffiti and Redemption from Valken and he'd have the best reviews of paint ever for any SG. Since, I don't think he'll do that, let's hope Valken has some tricks up their sleeves.

Valken has been AWESOME paint (in the above 2 grades) to me over the last 3 years, so I trust their judgement when they say it was a one time deal... they get that benefit from me.

Cheers
Thanks, I appreciate that, Now that I know you guys prefer to have paint a little more on the brittle side, I have two other options that will meet that preference for the next game. Maybe I will bring both and let you guys pick.
Thanks for the constructive criticism guys.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 PM #17
Kevin - WCPS
Operations Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken Corps Supreme

Thanks, I appreciate that, Now that I know you guys prefer to have paint a little more on the brittle side, I have two other options that will meet that preference for the next game. Maybe I will bring both and let you guys pick.
Thanks for the constructive criticism guys.
Great man right here, nothing but positive things about Ryan. I've never seen you not trying to constantly improve everything you've been apart of to constantly set and raise customer satisfaction.

Glad to see you in the local scene again!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:23 PM #18
Kenny OKC
In Memory of Steve

Kenny OKC plays in the PSP
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kenny OKC plays in the APPA D5 division
Nice to see valken take an active interest in this discussion! Thanks for making an effort to improve our paintball experience!
Team Blacksheep
Kenny OKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:30 AM #19
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken Corps Supreme View Post

Although I appreaciate the response, your reply seems a little condesending. It also infers that we don't know what good paint is or that we know that weather affects paint. If you play paintball in Oregon between September and April, you know weather affects paint. I have shot almost all types of field paint at all times of the year in Oregon and the stuff at BHD was almost on the same level as Walmart Monster ball.

I am sorry if my reply seems harsh, but I am not a fan of "It worked fine for me" and "I'm sorry but.." repsonses coming from the paint supplier. I am also not one that complains about paint, but this paint was just that bad.
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:57 AM #20
Eddie9195
AKA scphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymiusII View Post
Although I appreaciate the response, your reply seems a little condesending. It also infers that we don't know what good paint is or that we know that weather affects paint. If you play paintball in Oregon between September and April, you know weather affects paint. I have shot almost all types of field paint at all times of the year in Oregon and the stuff at BHD was almost on the same level as Walmart Monster ball.

I am sorry if my reply seems harsh, but I am not a fan of "It worked fine for me" and "I'm sorry but.." repsonses coming from the paint supplier. I am also not one that complains about paint, but this paint was just that bad.
Well said. I have a about the same opinion. Since I wasn't there, I won't comment too much though.

www.okcompanypaintball.com
Eddie9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 AM #21
efstyle
SAVAGE

efstyle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymiusII

So you know what good paint is, you also know what our weather does to any grade of paint you shoot, yet you opted to buy the cheapest paint there was available and are now upset that said paint preformed like a 45 dollar case of field paint? Am I missing anything? Alls I got from this is that you regret not spending the extra 10 dollars for a decent mid grade option.

Ive also shot all types of field paint in all types of weather and 9 times out of 10 it didn't break well and was certainly dimpled, but I reminded myself that I had gotten what I paid for in a cheap case of paint. Not trying to sound condescending or rude, just trying to call it like I see it.