Old 11-13-2012, 10:00 PM #1
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
RC Helicoptor with painball gun

I've been working on a drone for scernario games. Then I came across this...

This is the first working drone that I've seen. With a remote video feed, this could be the first paintball drone that can attack targets.

Check out at 50 seconds in to see the sample for shooting. Don't know if this would work against a large scale group and the results if hit multiple times.

Last edited by Christian P : 11-13-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 PM #2
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

Team.Infected supports Team VICIOUS
Team.Infected posts videos on PbNation
Team.Infected plays in the APPA D4 division
Team.Infected supports Empire
Pretty cool. Looks like you need something a little more stable. The helicopter type machine Cassidy used to video world cup looks like a better platform, I'm assuming it was powerful enough for video equipment so it shouldn't be too far off from holding paintball gear
Team.Infected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:18 AM #3
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seaneady plays in the APPA D4 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I am going to call some BS on this. I have flown heli's for years and there is not enough room under the canopy of that size model to hold a marker (even stripped down) with a loading system capable of not only holding the amount of paint he fired but also the rate of fire (meaning not a gravity fed) along with the motor and electronics of the heli. Not to mention where the co2 tank is mounted and how it would throw the center balance of that machine so far off it would be a nightmare to hover. The video looks really cool , but knowing a little bit about R/C helicopters has me skeptical.

Florida Shakedown
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 AM #4
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
Why go though all that cool modifications, but then film it with a low resolution camera??

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 AM #5
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Its always good to fire paintballs at a car with a road behind it, those bikers could have caught quite a surprise. Also, someone created a drone with movement recognition that would pick up and shoot moving targets, its on here somewhere.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 AM #6
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneady View Post
I am going to call some BS on this. I have flown heli's for years and there is not enough room under the canopy of that size model to hold a marker (even stripped down) with a loading system capable of not only holding the amount of paint he fired but also the rate of fire (meaning not a gravity fed) along with the motor and electronics of the heli. Not to mention where the co2 tank is mounted and how it would throw the center balance of that machine so far off it would be a nightmare to hover. The video looks really cool , but knowing a little bit about R/C helicopters has me skeptical.

So your saying that this video was a fake? Its not Bigfoot, its a helicopter that can shoot paintballs. It works, maybe not a 200 round hopper with 30 bps, but its works. With how light a mini is, and for what the goal is, I say this is a successful makeup of a drone.

What did you want, an Ego with a Rotor and a 68 tank? I'm impressed with the results.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 AM #7
Mars47
The Right To Arm Bears

Annual Supporting Member
Mars47 donated to help Peyton Trent
Mars47 supports Bob Gurnsey
Mars47 supports our troops
Mars47 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Mars47 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Its always good to fire paintballs at a car with a road behind it, those bikers could have caught quite a surprise. Also, someone created a drone with movement recognition that would pick up and shoot moving targets, its on here somewhere.
This is what I was thinking. Especially with that house right there as well. Seems Like they could've Found a better place to test it.
Mars47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 AM #8
flalasoya
Orlando.

if you really want to see one with the whole setup working firing down on a group of people watch jackass 3.5 , they set everyone up on an oiled tarp and shoot them w the heli
flalasoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM #9
FreakinJB

ahh you know what else would be reallly cool!? this getting shot down 5 seconds after it goes up and one of those spinning blades lodging itself into some kid's jugular! I do get a kick out of how people completely throw caution to the wind when making these ridiculous scenario toys.
FreakinJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM #10
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seaneady plays in the APPA D4 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
So your saying that this video was a fake? Its not Bigfoot, its a helicopter that can shoot paintballs. It works, maybe not a 200 round hopper with 30 bps, but its works. With how light a mini is, and for what the goal is, I say this is a successful makeup of a drone.

What did you want, an Ego with a Rotor and a 68 tank? I'm impressed with the results.
Read what I wrote nut sack.... There is not enough rm in a 50 size heli to fit all the **** to make this work. The space needed for the paintballs that were shot at that truck alone would exceed the volume of the canopy with the servos , frame work , reciever batteries , motor etc. I think it was doctored up. I could be wrong , but there is very limited room in a heli to put even a stripped down marker and everything else needed. Sorry you couldn't wrap your head around what I was saying.

Florida Shakedown
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 AM #11
Hawaii50

Hawaii50 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hawaii50 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hawaii50 supports Team VICIOUS
Interesting video
Hawaii50 is offline   Reply With Quote