Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 PM #1
GhostLeader 101
#RKPT Ghost 101

GhostLeader 101 is playing at Living Legends VII
GhostLeader 101 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GhostLeader 101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GhostLeader 101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etek3 Reg to Violent SL3 Reg.

I am gonna ask. What would the swap really do?
Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM #2
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Functionally? Nothing. They'll both have the same amount of maintenance and they'll both be equally consistent.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM #3
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
I'm not sure about the Etek3 reg but I know that the SL3 reg has self-purging abilities and it allows you to shoot down to the last 200 psi in your tank, thus making your marker slightly more efficient. I have one on my 06 Dark and love it. My 06 Star reg shot craps so I shelled out the $80 for the SL3 reg since its one of the best one the market and made by PE! It's pricey but you get what you pay for and definitely worth the extra money over a crappy CP reg.. Honestly if you're stock reg is fine stick with that, I would definitely recommend it to the people that own the 05-07 egos due to the shim-stack style reg versus the spring style regs found on the 08-11 egos. If you have the money to burn then I guess go for it, but I would spend that money on a paint instead.
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 AM #4
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The reg on your etek 3:

S3 Inline Regulator - Taken directly from the Ego10, the S3 regulator features a self-purging device to ensure that the valve chamber is left empty once the tank has been removed. Coil spring construction also means quick and simple maintenance with no washer or shim stack to loose or incorrectly assemble. It also has exceptional accuracy and recharge rates. The things that are essential for shot-to-shot consistency and accuracy at even high, sustained rates of fire.

A violent sl3 reg:

SL3 In-Line Regulator - The SL3 regulator is more accurate, more consistent, with less creep and faster recharge than any previous Eclipse Regulator. On top of that it will allow the Geo 2.1 to operate with LP, MP or HP tanks with no fluctuation in performance or velocity. Switch from HP tank to LP tank without needing to adjust the regulator. The New design means that the Geo 2.1 will shoot down to the last 200psi of tank pressure with next-to-zero loss in velocity. The new SL3 regulator also has reversible and replaceable reg seal.

Looks like better efficiency, faster recharge rate, you have a wider range for tank reg output options, and greater reliability (easy maintenance to begin with, and a reversible reg seat).

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM #5
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

Annual Supporting Member
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
^^^Pretty much sums it up.

It won't be anything to write home about when you actually buy it and use it, and there's better things to spend the money on, but if you really want to, then go for it.
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:07 PM #6
GhostLeader 101
#RKPT Ghost 101

GhostLeader 101 is playing at Living Legends VII
GhostLeader 101 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GhostLeader 101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GhostLeader 101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOL_98 View Post
The reg on your etek 3:

S3 Inline Regulator - Taken directly from the Ego10, the S3 regulator features a self-purging device to ensure that the valve chamber is left empty once the tank has been removed. Coil spring construction also means quick and simple maintenance with no washer or shim stack to loose or incorrectly assemble. It also has exceptional accuracy and recharge rates. The things that are essential for shot-to-shot consistency and accuracy at even high, sustained rates of fire.

A violent sl3 reg:

SL3 In-Line Regulator - The SL3 regulator is more accurate, more consistent, with less creep and faster recharge than any previous Eclipse Regulator. On top of that it will allow the Geo 2.1 to operate with LP, MP or HP tanks with no fluctuation in performance or velocity. Switch from HP tank to LP tank without needing to adjust the regulator. The New design means that the Geo 2.1 will shoot down to the last 200psi of tank pressure with next-to-zero loss in velocity. The new SL3 regulator also has reversible and replaceable reg seal.

Looks like better efficiency, faster recharge rate, you have a wider range for tank reg output options, and greater reliability (easy maintenance to begin with, and a reversible reg seat).
That was a great write up! thank you...!

also I realized I posted this in the wrong section.If mods want to move it then they are welcomed to
Old 11-13-2012, 08:03 PM #7
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
No problem!

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 PM #8
wdkrobsmith
Bender

wdkrobsmith owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
wdkrobsmith owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I purchased the violent sl3 and put it on an e2'd black magic and had some real consistancy issues. Even after shooting a few cases through it. I ran into a PE tech at game last year who is also a cocker nut and he said some of the earlier sl3 violent regs had some problems with at manufacturing level and to call PE and they would get me taken care of. Not sure if that poblem still exsists, just throwing it out there. And no I never called PE. It's still on my to do list though.
http://lehighvalleypaintball.com/
www.wdkfilms.com
RTM contract player
wdkrobsmith is offline   Reply With Quote