Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM #1
noahdurnford

Question Newbie Paintball Advice Needed!

I just started playing and I rent my equipment and its usually really dirty. Where can I buy some washable ones online?

Also should I be worried about buying my own gun or is it not really worth it?

Also is it illegal im most counties to play paintball with my friends outside of a course?

Also here is me playing piano! Tell me how I can improve that too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cc9pEQduxY&feature=plcp
noahdurnford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM #2
noahdurnford

What genre is this?!

Help me decide what genre this is
noahdurnford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 PM #3
Zethis
NJ & NY

Zethis has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zethis has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Contact your mayor's office or police to ask about local laws regarding paintball.

I live in the suburbs of NJ, USA and we are not allowed to shoot airsoft/paintball outside of designated shooting ranges or licensed paintball fields.

If you live in the US, you can either visit your local paintball pro shop or order online from zephyr paintball, ansgear, paintball-online, etc.

The cost of rentals is about 10 dollars every time you play. How many times do you think you will play paintball in the next 1-5 years? If your answer is 15 or greater, then it might be worthwhile to invest in your own gun.
Zethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:19 PM #4
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
it really depends on the municipality in which you live. In the town that I live in, it is techniclally not allowed, but unless you are endangering the general population, or causing a nuisence, the police won't bust you on it.

as for buying your own gear, alot of people differ in Opinion. if you do choose to buy gear, there is a hierarchy inwhich you should purchase equipment.
First:
a Mask. this is the MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF SAFETY EQUIPMENT YOU OWN
I do not suggest a trip to Walmart or dicks sporting goods to purchase one. and do NOT go cheap. it may hurt your wallet less to go cheap, but if you think about it, you are protecting your sight and your hearing. go to the PBNation main page, and scroll to near the bottom, where you will find the B/S/T forum. you can find yourself a nice used mask for the price you'll pay for a cheap one.

after that, it's your choice. I've been playing since 1992, and i didnt buy my first pair of paintball specific pants, or a jersey until 2001, so obviously paintball clothing is not really important.

and as Zethis said, evaluate how much you will be playing over the next few years, and then use that to determine wether or not you should buy a marker.
also, evaluate what type of paintball you want to play more than another. if you plan to play woodsball, you probabally dont wanna be using a Bright blue luxe, if you catch my drift.

Depew Decepticonz/Lancaster ILLNatured - Coach
RIP USPA, AXBL, NYXL, NYPS
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
Team_ILLNatured is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM #5
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Depends on where you live. I wouldn't go around shooting paintball guns in public though. Our sport already has enough bad publicity because of idiots who do stuff like that. As for buying your gear, depends upon if you plan on playing a lot in the future. In the long run, if you play a lot, then it would be cheaper to buy your own gear. But you should be worrying more about buying a good mask before you even consider a gun. If you can't see, you can't do anything out on the field. The masks you want to choose from need to have thermal lens. Some of my favorites are the Jt pro-flexes, and events. The E-flexes and I4's are nice as well. It all depends on the shape of your head and which one feels the most comfortable on you. Ask someone you know to try on their mask, or go to your local paintball shop and try on some.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 PM #6
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
A lot of states allow players to play outside of city limits but you need to figure out if yours is one of them. You can buy gear from any online site. You do not have to spend a fortune although I would invest in a good mask. Even if you continue to rent, you will be better off with your own mask that fits you. Also, I would suggest you buy your own equipment if you play more than a few times per year. Once again you do not have to spend a fortune but you could buy a Tippmann for $150 and know that it is new and in great shape. You wont have to worry about playing with a beat up marker.

If you are considering buying your own equipment, let us know what a comfortable budget is and we will be glad to recommend some gear. You could spend anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand depending on what you want.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:11 PM #7
STRIP3S
Stumpf

STRIP3S plays in the PSP
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STRIP3S plays in the APPA D4 division
When I started playing years ago, I knew nothing about legit paintball fields. Instead, my friends and I played on either my grandparent's farm or on remote city property. We were careful not leave to much trash or crap laying around which would tip someone off. Several times we were approached by local police; we told them truthfully what we were doing and asked if we should leave. Most of the time, the officer let us go so long as we stayed away from residential areas. That being said, be careful because we have had instances where police have told us to cease playing and leave immediately or face being arrested.
Now, I can say if have property or know a friend who owns property in a remote area, then feel free to play. But don't find areas close to residential neighborhoods. Whole idea is to be careful and to use common sense.

Also, even you rent equipment at your local field, I strongly suggest you bring your own mask. Rental masks are used numerous times during the day and sometimes they are not cleaned after each use. Spend a little more for quality because your eyes are obviously very important. Plus, you can get a mask that will fit to your needs.

Finally, I would not get your own markers and other equipment unless you plan on playing paintball more than a ten times a year. Rent the first times and see if it is something you want to pursue further.
XFT

F/S Cheap Gear - ALL ITEMS UNDER $40
STRIP3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM #8
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
And where do you live exactly? Lol
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote