Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-30-2012, 06:09 PM #1
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Trying to start a team?!?!

In the first 2 pages on the IL forum I counted 8 threads made with people having d4 level teams looking to add 3-4 players each. Assuming that each team already has at least 4 players that is 32 players already rostered and they are looking to add another 32 players to their rosters... That makes up 64 players. And that is just the d4 teams looking to add players.. Do you guys really think that their are 64 good d4 players that arn't already on a full roster? And if there is, then where the hell are they? Why don't I see massive groups of teams out at CPX and Badlandz every sunday... It is normally the 2-4 sponsored d3 and up teams, plus 1-2 d4 teams out at each field every sunday... Can someone please explain this to me?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2012, 06:22 PM #2
tvrsir
Khanh

tvrsir plays in the PSP
tvrsir owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvrsir plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOi84 View Post
In the first 2 pages on the IL forum I counted 8 threads made with people having d4 level teams looking to add 3-4 players each. Assuming that each team already has at least 4 players that is 32 players already rostered and they are looking to add another 32 players to their rosters... That makes up 64 players. And that is just the d4 teams looking to add players.. Do you guys really think that their are 64 good d4 players that arn't already on a full roster? And if there is, then where the hell are they? Why don't I see massive groups of teams out at CPX and Badlandz every sunday... It is normally the 2-4 sponsored d3 and up teams, plus 1-2 d4 teams out at each field every sunday... Can someone please explain this to me?
gotta start somewhere. that being said look for a wiseguys tryout soon in late november and mid december
Old 10-30-2012, 06:31 PM #3
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

I agree you gata start somewhere... And there are plenty of good places to start.. Why does everyone have to try to start there own thing?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM #4
Bunkrking789563
•MW•

has been a member for 10 years
Bunkrking789563 plays in the PSP
Bunkrking789563 plays in the APPA D3 division
We've been at badlandz every single Sunday since May, and we drive almost two hours each way to play...Some people just have a few friends and want to try and start somewhere, other people are actually organized and want to be a successful team. I don't even get what your rant is about? I mean not every team can be able to practice every weekend. You'll only really see the dedicated people out there every weekend who don't mind spending the cash. Plus its hard to just combine two different teams..One team has their own way of doing things, and the other another way. Plus why does it matter what everyone else wants to do in the first place? It doesn't effect you at all.

Last edited by Bunkrking789563 : 10-30-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Bunkrking789563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:50 PM #5
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

Actually it does effect me... everything that every midwest paintballer does effects me in one way or another, either with the media and public opinion of the sport or with other paintballers or with local businesses and field owners. Out sport is a tight nit community and we all judged based of all of our actions.

For the record I am not saying that you guys arn't organized, nore that you should not be looking for players. You guys prolly have great stuff going on, I am just trying to understand what the hell everyone is thinking. And all 8 of those teams wants to play xball, so if you plan on playing xball then you need be practicing every weekend or close to it.

My rant is a poor attempt to open the eyes of some of the new/lower ranked players to maybe help guide then in a direction of consolidating talent instead of spreading it way way to thin.

If your goal is to start an Xball team, I assume is it to be competitive and win. If that isn't the case and all these teams just want to play for fun, then you can call me an *******. But I don't think that is it. And to build winning teams people are going about it the WRONG way. You wonder why most professional sports teams only have 1 per city/state FOR THE MOST PART... this is why.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 PM #6
Gbxdillon
Who Gone Stop Me

Annual Supporting Member
Gbxdillon plays in the PSP
Gbxdillon is playing at Living Legends V
Gbxdillon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gbxdillon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Gbxdillon plays in the APPA D3 division
Gbxdillon is Legendary
Gbxdillon supports DLX Technology
Why does it bother you so much. As long as its not your team who cares.
Gbxdillon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:35 PM #7
JJTrading
Matty :)

Me and some guys started a team a few years back. It turned people I hardly knew into my brothers and they are still some of my best friends even though most of us hardly ever play anymore due to most of us going away to college(which is a shame because we had some real potential). I had some of the best times of my life growing from the ground up with my guys and our team.

Just remember that the best teams in the world all started with just a group of guys starting from scratch like these guys are trying to.
JJTrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:51 PM #8
Errakus

Errakus has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Errakus is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrading View Post
Me and some guys started a team a few years back. It turned people I hardly knew into my brothers and they are still some of my best friends even though most of us hardly ever play anymore due to most of us going away to college(which is a shame because we had some real potential). I had some of the best times of my life growing from the ground up with my guys and our team.

Just remember that the best teams in the world all started with just a group of guys starting from scratch like these guys are trying to.
That's pretty much what myself and 2 other friends are doing... Running D4/5 3 man stuff and seeing where it goes from there.
Errakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 AM #9
JP#14
F.D.A #1

JP#14 supports Pev's Paintball
JP#14 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
I think what he is trying to say is, there is just not that many players in the area looking to jump on with a team. I honestly hope there are more because we are looking for a few committed players . Instead of trying to start your own team, look and wait for tryouts with a team that is put together already if there is only a few of you. Just sayin
JP#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 AM #10
LoveofthePaint70
Strait outta Dogtown

LoveofthePaint70 plays in the PSP
LoveofthePaint70 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LoveofthePaint70 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LoveofthePaint70 plays in the APPA D4 division
i see a lot of hungry dedicated d4/d3 players out at Pekin Paintball Park every sunday, great attitudes and serious ambition to learn and progress in this sport.... i see big things comin out of Pekin, IL next year
LoveofthePaint70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 AM #11
byrontech
J.R.

byrontech plays in the PSP
byrontech plays in the APPA D3 division
Joining a team that's already dedicated and experienced is the best way to go for most people. I had to learn that the hard way when I first started out. Forming a brand new team can be a headache at times.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 AM #12
Bunkrking789563
•MW•

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrontech View Post
Joining a team that's already dedicated and experienced is the best way to go for most people. I had to learn that the hard way when I first started out. Forming a brand new team can be a headache at times.

truth
Old 10-31-2012, 06:09 PM #13
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

Listen the last the last thing in the world I am trying to do is telling new/young players not to get involved in competitive paintball. But what I see happen so many times is newer d4/d5 people put all this time money and effort into a new team trying to do something, end up doing poorly at a tournament due to many different things, but a lot of time is just lack of experience from the players, the coach, the captain w/e. And then after that loss they get pissed off they just "wasted" all this time and money and end up quitting or not playing nearly as much out of frustration.

SOOOOO

All I'm suggesting/implying is that I think it is a much better idea for a group of 3-4 friends to jump on an existing team with maybe a little more knowledge/experience and go from there. I will tell you from first hand knowledge that teams at the d4 level would be lucky to grab a group of 3 friends to add to a team, because more than likely they already have good on field synergy, which is a HUGE part of the game...

And for the record, if you cannot understand why this is something that I have concern about then do us all a favor and stay the **** out of the thread.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM #14
JP#14
F.D.A #1

JP#14 supports Pev's Paintball
JP#14 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Listen the last the last thing in the world I am trying to do is telling new/young players not to get involved in competitive paintball. But what I see happen so many times is newer d4/d5 people put all this time money and effort into a new team trying to do something, end up doing poorly at a tournament due to many different things, but a lot of time is just lack of experience from the players, the coach, the captain w/e. And then after that loss they get pissed off they just "wasted" all this time and money and end up quitting or not playing nearly as much out of frustration.

SOOOOO

All I'm suggesting/implying is that I think it is a much better idea for a group of 3-4 friends to jump on an existing team with maybe a little more knowledge/experience and go from there. I will tell you from first hand knowledge that teams at the d4 level would be lucky to grab a group of 3 friends to add to a team, because more than likely they already have good on field synergy, which is a HUGE part of the game...

And for the record, if you cannot understand why this is something that I have concern about then do us all a favor and stay the **** out of the thread.
Agreed
JP#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:45 PM #15
GaryR1984

Little hostile are you?

If you are trying to "advise" people, then you need to be willing to "educate" and bring "awareness" to your cause or belief, not just tell people to buzz off when they don't understand where you are coming from.

In my opinion, I disagree with you. I think people should do what they want to do, if they want to win and learn at a faster pace, join a team. If they want to have fun with some friends and play a more competitive form of paintball, they do it with your friends if that what you wish.

It's a sport, and the goal is to have fun and do what you want, now go have fun and quit worrying about everyone else. Paintball is not as "tight" as you seem to want it to be.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:00 PM #16
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

Hey gary I just wanted to thank you for you for your vast years of experience and knowledge that you have brought to this thread. People on the internet literally make me sick to my stomach with the small amount of logic and common sense they choose to you.

Quote 1
"If you are trying to "advise" people, then you need to be willing to "educate" and bring "awareness" to your cause or belief, not just tell people to buzz off when they don't understand where you are coming from."

Quote 2
"It's a sport, and the goal is to have fun and do what you want, now go have fun and quit worrying about everyone else. Paintball is not as "tight" as you seem to want it to be."

I have enough experience with paintball and with the internet to know that people like yourself are already set in their ways and choose to not HEAR what anyone has to say. Because clearly you did not read 1/2 or close to anything what I said. I intelligently choose to not attempt to educate people like you because I know it would be a waste of my time so I tell them to **** off. Basically as you did in your second quote, you just chose to use nicer words. So now your thick headed and a hypocrite.

I also CLEARLY STATED that if you want to have fun with your friends and such, GO FOR IT! That is great for yourself and for the sport. But if u plan on spending 1000's of dollars to play national events then I doubt you are just in it for fun.

I am done repeating myself, if you idiots don't want to actually read what was said and UNDERSTAND it, then stop posting with your useless babel.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 PM #17
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3490347

These kinds of team threads are more than acceptable, and openly welcome by any real paintball player. I love seeing things like this, and would be more than happy to help those young guys out if I ever saw them at a field.

What we don't need is 25 threads along the lines of "Looking for 3-4 players for our d4 team that did decent in a couple local tournies. Half our players left, but we plan on playing all the PSP events next year. We have some sponsors but don't want to talk about them." Those kind of threads make players waste seasons.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 PM #18
Bunkrking789563
•MW•

Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 PM #19
CombatOi84
Raider Nation

Maybe you should smash your computer if you have this much trouble with reading comprehension buddy.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 PM #20
Bunkrking789563
•MW•

Just stop complaining and play paintball.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 PM #21
T.I.L_Paintball
What's a SKU?

T.I.L_Paintball plays in the PSP
T.I.L_Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
T.I.L_Paintball plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Maybe you should smash your computer if you have this much trouble with reading comprehension buddy.
kind of hard to comprehend the load of horse**** that you call this thread. Half the teams your attacking dont even fit the description your giving them. Since your all knowing why arent you out there doing something instead of trolling other teams threads....
T.I.L_Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups