PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 PM #1
Colreb

Best hoppers/reballs for the $$$

Hi guys,
So I'm trying to find the best hopper to be used with reballs. I curently have a Dye rotor, which does not work at all as everyone knows. However, I've seen videos from Mike on Pbtech and a few others where they did get the reballs to work. I've been told Seed upgrades are great, but are discontinued. Some people have even oiled all the moving parts to help jams. Since I already have a very nice paintball hopper, I don't see any point in buying a fancy new hopper just for reballs.

Here's what I need to know:
1. What's the best brand of reballs out there and jam the least? Most all reballs will jam, but are some brands better than others?
A. I've used JT practice balls and they jam constantly. They are crap!

2. What's the best hoppers to use with reballs? I've heard many diffrent things.
A. Empire and Halo Bs, Toos, Magnas, etc work with reballs, but need to have the anti-jam freeway. However, some places said they don't work either.

3. I've heard Virture Spires are by far the best for reballs, but I don't see $190 worth the investment since I have a Rotor.

4. Pinokios, Evolution Eggs, Tippmans AL-200s, Spyder Fastas, and some gravity feds all seem to work.

What are your guys thoughts/suggestions?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2012, 02:56 PM #2
cmdrsuds

I believe that REBALL is their own brand not sure though

Prophecy V2 Z2 will kick *** with reballs... Spire will probably be great

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:07 PM #3
Colreb

I know that "Reballs" are a brand name. I'm refering to any reusable paintnballs not just "Reballs." Also, I've been told any electronic hopper that has one spinning paddle works just fine.

Comments/Suggestions?
Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM #4
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

has been a member for 10 years
Reballs by far works the best. I tried XBalls and Rufus balls but they never worked as well. As far as loaders go my simple Ricochet with just the arms works the best.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Dyoel182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 PM #5
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
A-BALLS are pretty good to not as good as reballs though
Old 11-17-2012, 07:18 PM #6
Harribo

As far as reballs go, the pinokio will feed them with no hiccups. Best hopper i tried so far in that department.
The Z2 it seems to be hit or miss with reballs, some feed good but some do have some hiccups. Definitely better than the old V1/V2 Prophecy though.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 PM #7
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Reballs are the best. I have used my rotor with them with no real issues. a couple of jams but nothing more than expected. 1 to 2 jams a case.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 PM #8
Colreb

Has anyoe tried JT practice balls? I tried them with my Rotor and it wouldn't even feed them. I got maybe 3-4shots and then a huge jam, causing me to take the hopper off every time. DO NOT purcahse JT practicce balls. They suck! Jinx, as far as the Rotor goes, did you have to make any adjustments or do you think it might have been the JT balls that I was using? Overall, it sounds like the "Reballs" themselves make a HUGE difference in performance and not so much the type of loader.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:01 PM #9
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

The definitely work better in non-force loaders but clean reballs seem to work the best in everything.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM #10
Mike838

I have Zballs (i think genX global makes them) and I have a stock V3 rotor and i will only get 1 or 2 jams for 3 pods during a drop test and about 1 jam for 3 pods of shooting (>12.5 bps). I think it is hit or miss with the rotors and maybe i got lucky with mine.

Like some reviews of Zballs say, they do smell like rubber cement (not super pungent, but get up close and smell them and you will notice) i keep mine in a old pod i never use and never had any trouble with them
Mike838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:09 PM #11
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colreb View Post
Has anyoe tried JT practice balls? I tried them with my Rotor and it wouldn't even feed them. I got maybe 3-4shots and then a huge jam, causing me to take the hopper off every time. DO NOT purcahse JT practicce balls. They suck! Jinx, as far as the Rotor goes, did you have to make any adjustments or do you think it might have been the JT balls that I was using? Overall, it sounds like the "Reballs" themselves make a HUGE difference in performance and not so much the type of loader.
for whatever reason reballs are far superior but are also way more expensive. if you plan to use reballs a lot i would pick up an old halo for about $30. Wont have any issues. rotros seem to be hit or miss as some on my team have more jamming issues than me. some have the same amount and some less.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM #12
markus99

markus99 is playing at Living Legends VI
markus99 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
markus99 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
markus99 supports DLX Technology
I have the new spire that is mad for reball and I have never had a jam with it
markus99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM #13
Colreb

Okay Guys,
We are definitely getting somewhere on this subject. It sounds like the brand "Reballs" are by far the best. Yes they are expensive, but I'd rather pay $12 more for something that won't jam and work better than $20 for crap JT practice balls. As far as loaders go....It sounds like a hit and miss. Not exactly sure how to get around that, but my Rotor did not feed those JT balls at all. Maybe I need to try again, but with actual "Reballs."

I know Eggs and Richochets are good, but no one makes them anymore. Has anyone tried a Valken loader with Reballs? I also am a scenario player and thought about getting either a Valken or Pinokio for scenario games. As far as the Halos go, I've heard they don't work very well. The ones that I know work for sure are Virtue Spires (by far the best), Pinokios, Evolutions (Eggs), and Richochets.

Thoughts/Suggestions?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM #14
cmdrsuds

My v2 prophecy feeds em fine, zero problems. Just adjust the magnets to have less tension. For your Rotor try turning the tension way down. Should have this in the manual. There are used brand name Reballs for sale on here and eBay regularly giving you a great discount. But the spire may not be a bad option so you could sell your Rotor and go for that if you want.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 AM #15
Colreb

I really like my Dye rotor and don't really want to sell/trade. Does anyone have any "Reballs brand" for sale?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:15 PM #16
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

All I have is a single tube of them. But I do have a Ricochet LCD loader that would go well with it.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM #17
Harribo

Yeah turning down the tention on the Rotor can do wonders, the way it is stock is terrible for reball use.

I have not tried that magnet adjustment on my Proph v2, because i tought it was good enough as stock because it never breaks paint. But im gonna try it next time im playing reball.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 AM #18
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
I use a stock magna and it works great with brand name reballs. It works slightly less great with warrior balls. The warrior balls are about 1/3 the price of reballs. A little bit of oil on clean warrior balls makes them feed much better. I need to get some videos up but I would put reballs on gun (rf synced pm6) feeding around mid 20's and the warrior balls feeding a little less consistent bouncing from upper teens to mid 20's on uncapped ramping with eyes on. No matter what I'm very very happy with how the magna feeds both the reballs and the warrior balls, with or without the rf kit. I've bumped the speed setting anywhere from stock to full out and haven't had feeding issues at any speed. The magnets are as they came out of the box.

I have a Halo B that I'm working on trying to get it to feed as well also but it's not there yet. There is a big difference for some reason, even though I've put a new motor, magna clutch kit, and freeway in. I don't know if the sound setting makes that much difference over the eyes but for whatever reason my personal Halo B with V35 board isn't on par with the stock magna with any of the reusable paintballs.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote