Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2012, 05:45 PM #1
ErflesMcBride

Etek 3 Breach Wear

I just got an etek 3 lt awhile ago used and just noticed quite a bit of wear in the breach. It has a tech t bolt and I was just wondering if that is normal or if it was because of the bolt. Thanks
ErflesMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM #2
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
It's because of the techt bolt...unless there are a bunch of grooves in the aluminum you should be fine.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 PM #3
ErflesMcBride

That's kinda what it is, it was like that when I got it, what kinda effect will that have? Barrel breaks? And is there any way to fix the current wear with the bolt? I mean the wear isn't terrible, but there are little grooves
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 PM #4
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Not much you can do since the damage is already done. All you can do now is strip the gun down. Fully strip and clean the chamber and rammer housing with slightly soapy water and a good soft clean microfiber towel. Also do the same to the bolt and rammer. Might even look in to totally replacing the o-rings on the bolt. Then after the bolt and rammer dries, oil them up with a good quality oil (Planet Eclipse preferably) and replace in the freshly cleaned/reassembled chamber and rammer housing. This coupled with routine maintenance should help prevent some more wear from happening.

DISCLAIMER to any Mods
Not wanting to start a debate on Planet Eclipse VS TechT!

But if you don't mind me asking why do you prefer using the TechT bolt over one of Planets models of the Cure line?
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T

Last edited by msweeneygt : 11-11-2012 at 10:21 PM.
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM #5
ErflesMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by msweeneygt View Post
Not much you can do since the damage is already done. All you can do now is strip the gun down. Fully strip and clean the chamber and rammer housing with slightly soapy water and a good soft clean microfiber towel. Also do the same to the bolt and rammer. Might even look in to totally replacing the o-rings on the bolt. Then after the bolt and rammer dries, oil them up with a good quality oil (Planet Eclipse preferably) and replace in the freshly cleaned/reassembled chamber and rammer housing. This coupled with routine maintenance should help prevent some more wear from happening.

DISCLAIMER to any Mods
Not wanting to start a debate on Planet Eclipse VS TechT!

But if you don't mind me asking why do you prefer using the TechT bolt over one of Planets models of the Cure line?
Would it be better for me to get a cure bolt? The TechT bolt is the one that was in it since I bought it used
Old 11-11-2012, 10:31 PM #6
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Is it the new one with the pooty mod? If not, it'll cause breach wear just like the cure bolts do. That's just what happens, nothing to worry about. It won't affect performance, even over the long term.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:35 PM #7
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My personal preference is to stick with the bolt that is made by the same company that built the breach it goes in. But that's just my opinion. I've seen far more damage created by people using TechT bolts in their Egos/Eteks than Cures. Not bashing TechT (Great bolts ), just what I have observed. Look into a good used Cure 3+ bolt, I happen to know who has one for cheap . *cough cough me*
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T

Last edited by msweeneygt : 11-12-2012 at 01:06 AM.
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 PM #8
ErflesMcBride

I might just have to get one then, I mean the stock bolt in my DP F8 has made basically no breach wear at all, and especially not to the point where I can feel indentures (even if they arent deep) Or maybe its just a matter of what was used more?