Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-17-2015, 11:23 AM #1
pchuck885
Do It Live

pchuck885 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BYOP - Bring your own paint days?

Hey all,

I'm on Long Island and am getting back into the pball game. I browsed all the major places around here and none of them have BYOP days anymore. That used to be the BEST back when i went years ago.

Do these places run special BYOP promos anymore or is that a thing of the past?
pchuck885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2015, 11:38 AM #2
HerpaDerpa
I'm pretty frisky

Annual Supporting Member
HerpaDerpa is playing at Living Legends VIII
HerpaDerpa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HerpaDerpa supports DLX Technology
HerpaDerpa supports Empire
Mostly a thing of the past. You can do BYOP at some places in NJ, but for what's out here - HiVi (Indoor and Outdoor), and Cousins, they're field paint facilities.

MACDEV MILITIA
LUXE MOB

VALAR MORGHULIS

WWW.HVPAINTBALL.COM
HerpaDerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:45 AM #3
pchuck885
Do It Live

pchuck885 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Such a shame. I understand that these places need to make some money but over 100% markup on paint is nuts. It used to be Monday BYOP day and they would charge an extra $15 or so to get in. Totally worth it and the place would be PACKED.

I'm hesitant to do any woods ball too. When i was 16, it'd be a slap on the wrist but now that I'm 24 it'll be a little more dire.

Speaking of dire...direwolves...VALAR MORGHULIS.. lol i noticed that in your sig.
pchuck885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:07 AM #4
Ackon

There are some places close to NYC that allows BYOP. I am sure others could add more to it.

ABC Paintball is bring your own paint. But you have to use FIELD paint to play on their speedball field. They only have 1 but i hear Sundays there are good turn outs as their are teams that goes. They sell various grade of paint, however last time i went, they said they only have valken redemption.

Paintball Sports NY (PSI) has BYOP for an additional $10 fee. Their field paint is Valken Infinity. Not the greatest, but still loads better then gi/empire custom blends. No Speedball fields. Besides their actual wood field and maybe city which will have some roots and what not, its still pretty decent.

Battlecreek has BYOP for an additional $10 as well. Last time i been there Field paint is GI 3 Star. And they sell 4 star and 5 star too. Or its 2, 3, and 4 star. I cant remember. They do offer speedball.

Last edited by Ackon : 07-24-2015 at 01:27 AM.
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:50 AM #5
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MSG paintball offers BYOP and prices are great. (They don't have speedball), but the fields are cool and fun to play. It's a real nice Mom and Pop joint. They have an awesome pro shop located right down the road. It's an easy drive up from the City. I always have a blast at MSG. (Great down home family environment)

http://www.msgpaintballny.com

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 07-19-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:22 AM #6
Ackon

Always looking for new places to try out. I dont see anything about their BYOP tho. Whats the exact address of their field?

At the end of Bart Bull Road, doesnt really help much. Tried looking at google maps with earth view but nothing looks like a paintball field
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:15 AM #7
GoBsToPpEr

has been a member for 10 years
I'm located in Babylon and getting back into the sport. Huge bummer there aren't any BYOP days, but I suppose I get it financially. I remember the good ol' days of Monday nights at Cousins' indoor!
Old 08-16-2015, 10:57 AM #8
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackon View Post
Always looking for new places to try out. I don't see anything about their BYOP tho. Whats the exact address of their field?

At the end of Bart Bull Road, doesn't really help much. Tried looking at google maps with earth view but nothing looks like a paintball field
1934 ROUTE 211 EAST MIDDLETOWN NY......... Phone# (845) 457-4678

Follow Bartbull Road all the way to the end (3min+/-) there is a dirt road that goes threw a large Polo field. You will see cars parked just at the edge of the field.

http://www.msgpaintballny.com < this link has photos and dates of events. (They offer BYOP) entry is a lil bit more to do so, but it's a great place to burn leftover paint. They also offer the freshest paint around for a fantastic price if you want to shoot some high quality paint. Their store is on the way to the field located at the end of bartbull road. Sherry is very knowledgeable about anything paintball related and they have a great selection of the latest gear, used and new markers. (They take trades for gear) It's a cool shop and a fun place to play. One of my favorites.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 08-16-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups