Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 AM #1
bienmendoza

bienmendoza owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bienmendoza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bienmendoza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GEO 3 issues -- SOLVED

I know I can bring my gun to cup and have a tech look at it, but my flight isn't till wednesday night and my game is the following day.

ISSUE:

First 3-5 shots geo will fire, drop off completely, then shoots again, then drops off, etc.. It's a vicious cycle. Sometimes it's very deceiving with a dry fire because it would work good, but when it shoots a ball it starts acting up again.

FAILED ATTEMPT SOLUTIONS::::

Tried new bolt O-rings including the propt shaft, Bumped the dwell to 1ms from where it was originally, lubed the SFR or w/e, lubed the reg (wasn't thorough just the piston), and cleaned the grip frame where air travels. And I also read the manual.

I also tried shooting different paint, different gun reballs, heck even a barrel swab. It still does it.

CONCLUSION::::

I have shot the gun at 3 events with my set up including the tank so I'm pretty sure it's not that. I also didn't mess with the dwell, and didn't really do anything else to the gun other than change an oring in the bolt. PLEASE HELP! I WILL BE FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT! I'll buy you a drink at cup if I see you.

Including you Nicky T ;P

Thanks in advance!!

VSB
Ebay feed back: Search bienmendoza on Ebay.

Gold/Black Geo 3 FST (MINT CONDITION)

Last edited by bienmendoza : 10-21-2013 at 06:22 PM.
bienmendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2013, 11:55 AM #2
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yay! I'm included

Okay, before dismissing the tank; what system are you using?

Also, have you covered the basics of:

- Check battery is fresh and ALKALINE
- Reset to Factory
- Reset SFR position

If all of the above are okay, then which bolt o-ring did you change?

I fly out to Cup in the morning, so incase you cannot get this resolved please feel free to come along to the booth in the morning on the Thursday as we'll be open early and happy to assist.

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:31 PM #3
pbplayer22
Official Gun Whore

pbplayer22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbplayer22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbplayer22 supports Pev's Paintball
pbplayer22 supports Empire
Don't have a geo3, I have a 2 but sounds like a battery. I would replace it whether the LCD says it's good or not.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:54 AM #4
bienmendoza

bienmendoza owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bienmendoza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bienmendoza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ahaha sweet and thanks Nicky, but Steve from Mountain View paintball hook me up over text and told me to change the two 14x2 oring on the bolt and on the prop shaft, then the inner can 017. And I also noticed my SFR fell while I was cleaning it so I was a little lost so I changed the two tiny orings on the SFR. Then with a little trouble shooting it did the trick!

TROUBLE SHOOTING::People who are curious)

My original settings was 20ms Dwell and SFR all the way down (clock-wise) coming from a player from CSULB.

So while this issue happened I decided to change the orings, re-lube, remove the lube, check the lube consistency, and yes the battery. Then it still keeps happening.

After noticing the problem still persist and consulted my local tech, I changed the orings (that I some how forgot to change--out of all the orings--2x 14x2 and 017) then I up'd the dwell to 1ms (total of 21ms) and stock SFR. Still happening, then adjusted the SFR from 3 o'clock from 4 o'clock then it sorta worked. Did it again, moved it to 2 o'clock from 3 o'clock then it worked! Shot about 2 pod worth of dry fire THEN lowered my dwell to 20ms again and worked like a bauce.

I guess to lower my SFR I would need to break in the new o-rings? Still unsure, but just glad it's cycling properly. I'll probably check it out @ cup with Nicky.

And nice try pbplayer22.

Thanks ALL!

VSB
Ebay feed back: Search bienmendoza on Ebay.

Gold/Black Geo 3 FST (MINT CONDITION)

bienmendoza is offline   Reply With Quote