Community Focus

Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 AM #1
ATLballaz (Banned)

ATLballaz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ATLballaz supports Sherwood Forest
ATLballaz plays in the APPA D4 division
ATLballaz is Legendary
Please help me out with this shocker community

I am not a new kid on pbn so I know half of what is said on here is toilet water.

With that said....

I read pooty sucks and Lurker this and what should I do. First off I think a quick lesson will help this entire tug of war end and the real reason we are all here,to support eachother in the shocker community with new idea's,repair help.Mods and upgrades etc.

In 2003 SP released the sft shocker with a delrin bolt that was ground breaking but had it's fair share of issues. SP could have spent more time in R&D with the engine but wanted to make money as most business men do.So over the next couple of months they figured out a way to minimize the amount of air lost by adding a oring to the front of the bolt,due to the high dwell the marker had to run on.

Well Before SP died,the company was working on a new shocker and released the new 09 impulse.

The new shocker was not released prior to bankruptcy so rather then to lose the gun and with DLX interested in making a come back sold the design to them,We all know this marker(the new shocker) as the DLX Luxe.

What SP figured out was that a larger cavity could be created by making a hollow bolt guide,then lowering the operating pressure on the marker and making it much more efficient. They also designed a macro less frame that would set paintball standards in highend guns from this point on.

So with the new features available like tooless eye cover removal and the self bleeding bolt when removing the bolt making the luxe the most amazing spool marker to date.

In true SP fashion,not much has or will change with the original design. The 2003-2006 sft. 3 years in paintball with the same looking marker would spell death with Planet Eclipse,Dye,WGP and WDP.
But SP finally did change it up with the NXT and upped it's game by very soon making a out of the box tournament marker that had been killing it in PRO paintball with team Dynasty.

So with the Luxe aka the new shocker being created money killed SP and the great designs that we have all loved.
Now more new Impulse unless GOG wants to make a run at it,which I doubt.They seem fine just selling to the weekend warrior and it's not that thats wrong,but the impulse could compete with the ego easy.The 09 impulse could have set the bar high and did inspire other gun designers to go big or go home.

This is when I will get really into it.

When I read from someone that pooty should be sued on patent laws.I laugh.

I am a huge Bob Long fan.

But do you think the g6r would have been macroless had SP not did this to the impulse? I know the g6r breaks in half differently but the impulse did this same thing by separating the upper tube from the lower.

I do not want to go way off point,but this was a simple example of how all of the industry copies eachother.

We are at the point that gun will not really shoot any better then they currently do,not unless someone brings some new technology to the table.

That said,what NDZ and Pooty did was borrow the luze design to make our shockers enjoy the same LP operation the luxe owners love.Also giving us a longer shot,no lie.

So if you want to run the pooty flat face bolt,lurker,NDZ or mod your HE then please do so.But to bash a man who is only helping keep a marker that SP phased out,should be thanked.Not hated.

to Pooty and Lurker for all your ideas and work to keep my shockers on the field.I love feeding it.

I play xball with my Shockers and I will tell you like this. I do not run out of air.They shoot great.

My setup of choice.

_________ Bolt w/ lurker's qev mod and for Rhino spring. Ported sleeve with NDZ lp bolt guide.But I also take the time to select the best orings.

After I do this,I do not have to mess with my shockers every other time I shoot a ball.

Stop the hate,it is stupid and is only going to drive away future community members.

Hell we do not want the kid who will come up with a way to shoot 3000 shots off a dang 20 gram to leave cause we act like asshats do we?
ATLballaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 AM #2
eelz
Wales,UK

eelz posts videos on PbNation
Well said that man.

It's nice to be nice.
eelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 AM #3
R4G3
Cro

R4G3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
R4G3 supports Team VICIOUS
R4G3 supports Team VICIOUS
R4G3 supports DLX Technology
wow! great!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:39 AM #4
OoZoo
Work hard.

OoZoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OoZoo is for the Gunfight
OoZoo supports DLX Technology
Old 11-08-2012, 08:42 AM #5
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
A little bit of misinformation in there.... As for pooty himself, you dont claim to be part of a community and then rip off one of the biggest supporting members(or claim ndz did it and say you will remove it second run, which he never did). I know this happens a lot in the paintball community but people in the shocker forum hold our selves to higher standards.

It's not that pooty's shocker products are a sham, its that I could modd my stock internals and achieve the same result.
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM #6
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Pooty to my knowledge didn't remove them from further runs because to my knowledge pooty and lurker had themselves a private conversation and handled it like gentleman.

My issue's that I allways bring up are not with pooty himself. It just my opinion from simple science and math shown very simply in umami's solid works drawings that the flat face design is not entirely what Its claimed to be and his Prices are astronomical. In the past I've praised his polishing.Skills are 2nd to none and many of the other mods he offers do wonders for those guns. But Im not gonna sit here and follow suit and be like oh yeah go spend $65 on a bolt its the greatest thing ever! Im gonna give my own opinion of any product good or bad. It just seems like pooty gets it excessively. Because his products are the newest and currently have alot of threads asking our opinions on them and I'll give my opinion.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners

Last edited by jim4130 : 11-08-2012 at 08:01 PM.
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 AM #7
ATLballaz (Banned)

ATLballaz is Legendary
Fair enough.I just want to point out we all thought the H/E kit was the answer and paid $120 for that,lol.I would say to people if you want a amazing shocker now.You have two choices.NDZ v3 speed bolt and NDZ lp bolt guide or Pootys coreWhen Lurker gets his out like everyone wants then it will be those three and the LP bolt guide.
Now you will always have the player who will upgrade everything with used parts and a h/e modded and a modded non he bolt guide will be better somehow.

But thats just pbn.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:09 AM #8
ATLballaz (Banned)

ATLballaz is Legendary
I just got two body's in the mail from a member from pbn that I am doing Break beem for. I will post pictures before I ship them back.

So everyone can see my work.

I am also tinkering with a bolt. Out of aluminum. Sorry Lurker I love ya,but mine will not be made from mars rock so I can really make this.

I will use the qev mod on mine,I may make a few for ppl to try,not sure I will ever sell them.Just depends on how nice they turn out.

I have 3 materials I am working with.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 AM #9
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLballaz View Post
Now you will always have the player who will upgrade everything with used parts and a h/e modded and a modded he bolt guide will be better somehow.

But thats just pbn.
Fixed
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 PM #10
ATLballaz (Banned)

ATLballaz is Legendary
lol
Old 12-26-2012, 03:39 PM #11
samuelkeesee12

i was very disappointed when i saw the new ndz and pooty bolts still have the he o-ring on them. i think it causes more problems than its worth if the bolt works right.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 PM #12
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
I seen your comparison to the G6R and the 09 Impulse. Having owned both there really isn't anything beside them both being a stacked poppit design everything else is completely different.

Bobs Intimidator design is just carried onto the the G6R and the internal milling to go macroless.

The SP 2009 Impulse although looks similar and was macroless stacked poppit prior to the release it shares nothing by design or engineering as the the G6R. Both regs are in the grip and the front grip is just a volumizer.

The stacked poppit has been around probably too long to even know who actually has proprietary rights to it.

Both the 09 Impulse and the G6R shoot great both there really isn't anything in comparison. Going Macroless was the next step all manufacturers will eventually make. Some are much slower than others by offering the same markers for 9 years with minimal changes except it is a 05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13. Hmmm wonder what Planet that marker is from. Sounds Cliche but, Lipstick on a pig?

Last edited by vesparider : 12-26-2012 at 05:11 PM.
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 AM #13
kool_aid22
#1 Hater

Annual Supporting Member
kool_aid22 is BST Legit
kool_aid22 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 supports Empire
I don't have any pooty products in my guns (mainly because i believe in a bolt being....a bolt) but the only time I've dealt with him he was real nice and actually did me a favor.

He needed a stock nxt va so I bought one (10 shipped!) and had it shipped to him and he shipped me a matching RL nxt va for my build. Can't beat that with a stick
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:21 AM #14
americanidiot748
I Sling Monkey Poo!

americanidiot748 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 is attending Decay of Nations VI
like i've said before, i'm not really a fan of the flat face bolt but he did have a NDZ 15* VA in stock when i needed it. didnt like having to pay so much for it but he had it when i could find another one anywhere...plus he threw some Pooty stickers my way for free so I'm sporting one on my hopper, right next to my Lurker sticker...

both stickers added like 50 BPS to my hopper feed speed so cant complain about that
My sexy shocker shooting like a beast, Fastest shocker ever!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH ATLas Paintball, Atlballerz, Paul Decker!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post78291865
https://www.facebook.com/#!/paul.decker.351
americanidiot748 is offline   Reply With Quote