Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2012, 01:16 PM #1
isaiahliepold

Cci phantom barrels

I want to make my cci phantom work its best with first strike rounds. I have a stock barrel on it. I am wondering if there is a rifled barrel for cci threads. Or what barrel would you suggest because I can breach load first strikes on it.
isaiahliepold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 AM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

There are no rifled first strike barrels available for the Phantom.
For that matter, I'm not aware of any rifled first strike barrels available for anything besides the Tiberius guns.

That said, I've played several scenario games using First Strike rounds in my Phantom and I've always just used my stock barrel. It's bored for .687-.688 which seems to be just about perfect for FS rounds and all the other Phantom barrels I've got are considerably tighter.

Therefore, my advice would be to just use the stock barrel and breech load them as you're planning. That's always worked for me, especially since the Phantom's barrel unthreads so quickly and after taking your first strike shot you can instantly re-cock the gun and start feeding your normal paintballs again.

The only trick is finding paintballs that are the same size as FS rounds, otherwise you'll run into problems with rollouts and/or velocity differences between the two types of ammo. Valken Crusade has been a good match in my experience, also boring out around .688
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote