PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM #148
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So if thats whats happening do i still turn up the reg or no? Lmao this should be so much easier

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 PM #149
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
In order to answer all your questions you'll need a chrono first. Chrono your gun to the appropriate fps.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 PM #150
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

To me it sounds like its half the reg and half the spring tension so turning the spring tensioner in a little but not half then doing the rest with the reg sound good?

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
Old 02-12-2013, 11:09 PM #151
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron-O3 View Post
In order to answer all your questions you'll need a chrono first. Chrono your gun to the appropriate fps.
^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^ nothing else matters until chrono. Anytime you change something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGKILLA21 View Post
To me it sounds like its half the reg and half the spring tension so turning the spring tensioner in a little but not half then doing the rest with the reg sound good?
Basically YESS. Except 1 thing, 100% regulator adjustment. The velocity adjustment screw on the back is only for fields/tourneys that care you shoot exactly the same. It keeps you from messing with the reg for super small adjustments that don't matter most of the time.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 PM #152
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

I have a chrono and okay so ill just leave the back screw out all the way or maybe have in a little?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 AM #153
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Like I said it's all up to you. In my opinion I recommend that you leave the back screw out all the way and don't mess with it. I prefer for the bolt to hit the paintball as soft as possible than to hit it hard. The more you screw in the back screw the harder the bolt will hit the paintball. Thus it'll increase the chances of POSSIBLE chamber breaks (these are the messiest to clean).

When tuning a Spyder. You're looking for optimum performance (efficiency, kick, reliability, accuracy, etc...) It doesn't matter what PSI you're shooting at as long as you have found your markers sweet spot. Now, through numerous testing from multiple Spyder owners. We have found that a typical Spyder, when shooting in a low pressure operation, should have an operating range between 250-500psi. It all depends on the parts, part combinations, and how great of knowledge you have when tuning your marker. I've made several LP Spyders and my 3 best Spyders were Spyder Esprit (290psi about 1500ish out of my regular 20oz Co2 tank at the time) and my Spyder AMG (320psi about a case from a 68/4500) the last one isn't a Spyder but it's still a blowback. It was a Gameface Vexor with Spyder components made for Co2 as a loaner (800psi 1st regulator and 400psi 2nd regulator and about a case of paint with a regular 20oz Co2 tank)
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 AM #154
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Okay i know how to tune it now, leave the back screw out and turn the reg up untill its at 260-280 fps then its good, thanks alot guys!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 AM #155
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Yeah no problem dude. Post up what results you get
Old 02-13-2013, 01:22 AM #156
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

One last thing im going to have to adjust my reg higher than 300 psi obv right? but I heard its bad to go past the red 300 line thats why its red? And i will ill have results up soon

Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 AM #157
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Adjust the reg to where its supposed to be set at and it should be fine. If you happen to go higher than something is wrong.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 AM #158
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Its supposed to be at 300 psi, but when i chronoed my gun while it was at 300psi it was shooting like 210 or 220 fps thats why i had to crank the velocity screw and in turn broke paint Lmao

Old 02-13-2013, 01:54 AM #159
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Its supposed to be at 300 psi, but when i chronoed my gun while it was at 300psi it was shooting like 210 or 220 fps thats why i had to crank the velocity screw and in turn broke paint Lmao
Have you lubed your internals prior to playing?
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 AM #160
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Yeah i did, i clean and lube my gun before every game but one of my grip frame screws is stripped so i havent been able to lube anything but the Bolt for a few weeks so i put oil in the reg and asa and dry fired it alot

Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 PM #161
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Its supposed to be at 300 psiNo, its variable, but when i chronoed my gun while it was at 300psi it was shooting like 210 or 220 fps At this point, you would want to turn your regulator higher untill you hit your FPS. At this point you know your Operating pressure.thats why i had to crank the velocity screw and in turn broke paint Lmao
Paint breakage could be a number of random different things. So keep looking for other reason why it might have broken.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 PM #162
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Okay so that red line at 300 on the gauge doesnt matter? And i think i was breaking paint because i had the velocity screw turned almost all the way in plus it was cold out

Old 02-14-2013, 06:48 PM #163
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
EDIT: so the hush bolt does work in the spyder rs/vs and heres video proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWU51sAZNUw
I could have told you that. the tech-t one or the shocktech one, either way both should work. ALL spyder bolts are basically the same. You have different detents and strip pins which is usually why people tell you they don't fit.

How ever The VS/RS bolt is pretty damn good and I'd be surprised if you saw much for gains if at all. NOBODY has compared a 3-oring bolt against it to measure the difference. They have compared it to a bolt with out orings which bull**** because the bolt would have performed better regardless..

Unfortunately the only company to make the 2 and 3 oring bolts for spyders quit.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:22 PM #164
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Okay awesome!

Old 05-21-2013, 05:49 PM #165
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Alright here's a shooting vid guys finally lmao
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=M6_JLienPUs

Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 PM #166
sparky81
Merc

sparky81 helped look for balloons
sparky81 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sparky81 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
+1 for the samcro shirt and not shooting the dog. The pooch takes one off his head will be the last time he runs after again.

I love the sound of a vs/rs series gun shooting around 13 bps.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 PM #167
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Lol she constantly chases them

Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM #168
sparky81
Merc

sparky81 helped look for balloons
sparky81 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sparky81 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I had a husky do that also, felt bad when she jumped up into a stream of paint. Only took that one time for her to learn.