Community Focus

Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM #1
hiofficr87

hiofficr87 plays in the PSP
hiofficr87 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
hiofficr87 plays in the APPA D4 division
hiofficr87 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Team Coach?

I was watching the #redsunday video on youtube and i have to say its one heck of a production definitely a good watch...

my question is where are these teams finding "team coaches" i play on a team full of awesome guys but i think we lack in the "coach" department, we are constantly coaching ourselves but i see that lately ALL of the pro teams have a coach...INPUT or guidance we are located in the baltimore area.
hiofficr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 PM #2
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well I do not know of anyone in that area.

Mainly you want someone who has lots of experience.

Someone who will work well with the team.

And someone who can strategize. Some of the teams miss the big thing in a game that could turn it around for them. Like someone always hitting a bunker, or in PSP laning into the penalty box at the end of the penalty.

Honestly they are hard to find. You could try talking to the owner of the field(s) you play at and see who they would suggest.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM #3
hiofficr87

thanks

thats actually a good place to start. I figured it was not something/someone to easily find but at least thats a good place to start
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM #4
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah they are not.

Besides that it also comes to preference. Like the style of the coach. With some teams getting up and bumping aggressively works but not for others.

If he does not know then maybe find a local player who has been there for a long time or that has been in the sport awhile.

If push comes to shove training a team mate could also work as he may know the team best. You could train some of the players on your roster that may sit out several games, such as a backup player.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 PM #5
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

My team practices with our main fields home-team quite a bit; Most of their players are substantially better than us. We clicked with a couple members and they have helped us out immensely on top of the help already given by their team as a whole. One we clicked with so well, after a while we asked him to coach us when practice or events didnt conflict.

I know its not something you can make happen but its another idea of where you can look. It's also not the best solution either since he cant dedicate.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 PM #6
cvm973
Supra owner

Hello,

I have years of experience in leadership. I live in austin but i am regularly in houston every weekend for fishing. I also have captained many a vessel for ocean voyages. I dont crumble under pressure I stand tall and strong (5'6" @ 150lbs).. Thats also how i got my nickname during hurricane Katrina.

I know a thing or two about paintball coaching , most younger coaches yell bunker names the entire time. This is silly , a coach should be telling their players what moves to make and then saying when to execute them. Ie coach sees the back corner wrapping around the tape to shoot back center. he tells his snake player with his head down , when i tell you shoot the tape on back right. snake player nods. he sees the corner player do this again and yells go. INSTAAAA KILL.

-Roy "The Skipper" Hernandez

Reach me via facebook here

references apon request
Old 11-09-2012, 12:32 AM #7
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm973 View Post
Hello,

I have years of experience in leadership. I live in austin but i am regularly in houston every weekend for fishing. I also have captained many a vessel for ocean voyages. I dont crumble under pressure I stand tall and strong (5'6" @ 150lbs).. Thats also how i got my nickname during hurricane Katrina.

I know a thing or two about paintball coaching , most younger coaches yell bunker names the entire time. This is silly , a coach should be telling their players what moves to make and then saying when to execute them. Ie coach sees the back corner wrapping around the tape to shoot back center. he tells his snake player with his head down , when i tell you shoot the tape on back right. snake player nods. he sees the corner player do this again and yells go. INSTAAAA KILL.

references apon request
Next time you come to Houston you should come to Legends! Shoot me a pm if you do.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:43 AM #8
cvm973
Supra owner

Will do add me on FB I'm not always on here . I am in Houston every weekend where is legends is that the place by the inner loop
Old 11-09-2012, 09:37 AM #9
hiofficr87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm973 View Post
Hello,

references apon request

I think you might be a quite a bit of distance from our home town. we are located in baltimore maryland...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM #10
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Depending on what type of coaching you are talking here there are some simple answers.
Our team has a designated field side coach and manager. She does the sideline coaching when that is an option at events, and does a lot of the "back office" work. However she also plays for the team from time to time. She primarily is the sideline coach manager, but does hit the field and when that happens another of our players will take on that role.

For over-all coaching and player development this is done by our team captain and assistant captain as well as the team manager. But we also have the players coaching each other as we drill. Feedback can come from anyone on the team for player development.

Our coach make sure the players on field have the correct G count, helps control the snake side or coaching side players. Our coach doesn't try and talk to all of our players just the ones closest to her, and lets the players relay this information across the field. Having a full time dedicated coach isn't necessary for great success in lower divisions, but as a team works up the ladder it is more and more important to have someone that always fulfills that role so they know/learn the team well and can more effectively work with the team.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote