Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM #1723
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I factored in the fact that driving a ridiculously stiff car would get old quickly on a multi-day road rally. I'm not sure how the veyron and the koenigwhatever are set up, but pretty sure the CGT is pretty stiff. Thus a Gran Tourer would be best.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM #1724
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Hybrid turbo 335i just made 553/631 whp/tq... So much want.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 11-15-2012, 12:09 PM #1725
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

damn, lots of torque. I don't get overly excited about dyno numbers anymore. Wise, or just old?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 11-15-2012, 12:09 PM #1726
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Neither. I only get excited when it's something way out of the norm. Also thanks to you ****s I can't take any of my friends seriously when they mod their slow cars.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 PM #1727
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin

Yay car talk
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM #1728
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I factored in the fact that driving a ridiculously stiff car would get old quickly on a multi-day road rally. I'm not sure how the veyron and the koenigwhatever are set up, but pretty sure the CGT is pretty stiff. Thus a Gran Tourer would be best.
Veyron was purely built as a GT for the autobahn.

The Agera R is probably pretty stiff, but it has memory foam seats.

Carrera isn't for pussies and that's what would make it fun.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-15-2012, 12:12 PM #1729
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

way out of the norm just makes me skeptical. I'm interested in a well balanced car that retains much of the stock characteristics in terms of reliability and drive-ability, just faster.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 PM #1730
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Well it makes sense with hybrid turbos. Most stock turbo modded 135/335s are limited by their compressors once they have the basic bolt-ons and a good tune. It's out of the norm of the average "bolt-on" car but not out of the norm of possibility.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 PM #1731
F1VENOM

Quote:
way out of the norm just makes me skeptical. I'm interested in a well balanced car that retains much of the stock characteristics in terms of reliability and drive-ability, just faster.
There are plenty of stock options that are fast enough. Whether or not you can afford them is the question.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 PM #1732
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Veyron was purely built as a GT for the autobahn.

The Agera R is probably pretty stiff, but it has memory foam seats.

Carrera isn't for pussies and that's what would make it fun.
Veyron, yes. But what about the supersports? Veyron is the best car for it, but at $1.5M+ it never enters my thoughts. When I road in the Scuderia, the stiffness of it got old after like 2 hours. I can imagine a CGT over a few days would get annoying. I'd love a CGT, but I'd not use it for a road rally.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 PM #1733
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
BF3 and original black ops single player was fun as hell. I like zombie maps and co-op missions better than the unorganized mess of online multiplayer.
Never finished the BF3 campaign still. Online multiplayer is not unorganized in BF3 with a solid squad. You can do work with a good squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm inebriated View Post
Just like cynical's mother OH SNAP
Well played.

Quote:
Yay car talk

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM #1734
visualx
Raise Your Weapon

far too much car talk

how bout dem marlins? lol...
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM #1735
F1VENOM

Quote:
Veyron, yes. But what about the supersports? Veyron is the best car for it, but at $1.5M+ it never enters my thoughts. When I road in the Scuderia, the stiffness of it got old after like 2 hours. I can imagine a CGT over a few days would get annoying. I'd love a CGT, but I'd not use it for a road rally.
The only difference between the two was a complete carbon fiber body for 200lbs fewer and a bump in horsepower. It is stupidly expensive, but you said the best car, not the best car you could dream of affording. Buy a ****ing seat doughnut you pansy.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM #1736
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

You guys are pussies if you wouldn't drive a car with stiff suspension in a road rally. I'd drive around with coilovers on full stiff if it's what was fastest.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM #1737
F1VENOM

Stupidly stiff suspension isn't the fastest when you're going at 150mph+. It's the fastest way to end up dead when you hit a mild bump.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM #1738
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
Quote:
So someone finally informed me I've been pronouncing schlumberger wrong all these years. Feel dumb.
Fun fact, Schlumberger is one of our clients.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM #1739
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
There are plenty of stock options that are fast enough. Whether or not you can afford them is the question.
Well yes, I suppose this is true. The answer is of course, no, I can't.

But I'm much more impressed with a car that makes 600whp, has a properly set up coilovers, the braking setup is considered, the car looks good, the car is on a competent chassis, and in making the power the car still has a relatively normal idle (cammed LSX is fine, but race car type idle no thanks) and the powerband is good. I don't really care about a car that makes 800whp with a peaky powerband on stock brakes, stock suspension, and a FWD chassis that resembles a wet noodle.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM #1740
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Quote:
Stupidly stiff suspension isn't the fastest when you're going at 150mph+. It's the fastest way to end up dead when you hit a mild bump.
Hence "if it was fastest"

Old 11-15-2012, 12:21 PM #1741
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin

For what?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 PM #1742
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
You guys are pussies if you wouldn't drive a car with stiff suspension in a road rally. I'd drive around with coilovers on full stiff if it's what was fastest.
Have you ever actually driven such a car? My opinion changed quite a bit after being in the Scuderia. I'm sure that suspension is great on a smooth race track, but on a bumpy road it leaves a lot to be desired. Not only it is uncomfortable, its very jittery over bumps.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM #1743
F1VENOM

Quote:
Well yes, I suppose this is true. The answer is of course, no, I can't.

But I'm much more impressed with a car that makes 600whp, has a properly set up coilovers, the braking setup is considered, the car looks good, the car is on a competent chassis, and in making the power the car still has a relatively normal idle (cammed LSX is fine, but race car type idle no thanks) and the powerband is good. I don't really care about a car that makes 800whp with a peaky powerband on stock brakes, stock suspension, and a FWD chassis that resembles a wet noodle.
So you'd be happy with a car that wasn't built for economy.
Closed Thread