PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 PM #64
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
This would question is "why are we not tied into the xgames?"

Honestly though if you want people to watch it on TV, you need to go back to real xball. The 20 minute matches where the score was 2-1 (2012 season) was flat out boring to watch. I actually do try and show 'outsiders ' the sport and used to like to use pb access, now I reference cxbl. I get a much better response.
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM #65
RepN the 417
Virus

RepN the 417 plays in the APPA D4 division
RepN the 417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think of it this way. There was the very popular NFL years ago, and the unpopular AFL in football. The Nfl would not be today, what it is if the two leagues did not merge.

A merger would bring more cash flow to one league, instead of splitting it between two leagues.
Karnage Paintballs
Paintball-Outpost
RepN the 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM #66
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Lots of good points in here; one thing I haven't seen is someone mention the lackluster reffing that plagues our sport.

Reffing is a thankless job, to be sure. It's really not enjoyable in any way, shape or form which makes it hard to find people to perform that work. As a result, we have come to accept a very low level of quality out of our referees; especially in the divisional levels. If we want paintball to grow we have to demand better quality reffing.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 PM #67
Elhonkey
Hitsquad

Elhonkey plays in the PSP
Elhonkey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Elhonkey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Elhonkey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
Lots of good points in here; one thing I haven't seen is someone mention the lackluster reffing that plagues our sport.

Reffing is a thankless job, to be sure. It's really not enjoyable in any way, shape or form which makes it hard to find people to perform that work. As a result, we have come to accept a very low level of quality out of our referees; especially in the divisional levels. If we want paintball to grow we have to demand better quality reffing.
Good luck with that...The majority of your refs nowadays are players who get certified and want to ref maybe one event because they can't play it, (that's why i ref'd Galveston) People who ref paintball are either still into paintball or once were into paintball, You will have those OG refs who ref every event but like 70% of the refs only ref a couple of events and play the rest, so you're never going to have a good quality of reffing when you constantly have new refs coming in and out of the job.
Stay Fresh!!!
Elhonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 PM #68
ESPSalty

ESPSalty plays in the APPA D4 division
Eclectic Paintball has a few great articles on how we need to bring the leagues together in order for paintball to push through to the next level. I'd have to agree....paintball is completely self sufficient and that makes it volatile.
ESPSalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 PM #69
supermanjrp

supermanjrp owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
supermanjrp supports Team VICIOUS
supermanjrp plays in the APPA beginner division
i know one. releasing event dates in a timely matter not two months before the first event.
Phillips #07
Texas Chargers
supermanjrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM #70
panitballTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanjrp View Post
i know one. releasing event dates in a timely matter not two months before the first event.
The reason why they do this is to help save money for the players that have to book flights, hotels, etc.
panitballTommy is offline   Reply With Quote