Community Focus

Old 11-07-2012, 02:06 PM #1
firebirdude
My Balls > Your Face

firebirdude is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
firebirdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The Pulse hopper is a POS

Yeah the Pulse is an old hopper compared to what's frequently discussed on here. But I bought it during it's brief time on the market, before the Rotor (etc) was released. Played a few days with it and was pleased. Improvement over the Halo for sure. Well some of you older members know how it goes. Life gets in the way of paintball. Work gets busy and money gets tight. I go awhile without playing and my gearbag sits in the closet untouched for awhile.

So this past weekend I had a Sunday off and a local field was offering free admission and air. Couldn't pass it up. I open up my gearbag, remove the zippered padded bag from the top, unzip it and remove my Pulse. I immediately see that one half of the feedneck is busted off. Are you kidding me? I've only played with this thing a few times and it's been sitting in a padding bag untouched for months. Whatever. I find the broken piece and wrap tape around everything to hold it together while inserting into my feedneck. I head over to chrono up and discover the hopper is turning itself off after 3-4 shots. WTF. Brand new batteries! Then I notice that one of the little tabs that lock the drive-train into the shell is snapped off. G$& F$##@% D&^$^&$! So I attempt to remove the drive-train and immediately notice that the other locking tab is actually broken off too and just sitting in place waiting to fall out. This freaking hopper is crumbling to bits in my hand. I wrapped the entire friggin thing in electrical tape to hold the drain-train in place and keep contact with the batteries just so I could get through the day. While breaking everything down for the day, I inspected the hopper closely and discovered nearly every single little edge or corner is chipped or cracked. Two corners of the battery door chipped, lid has a small crack, the back faceplate is cracked around both screws (which have never once been touched), the very front nose of the hopper has a crack by that front screw and the base of the shell next to the feedneck is cracked as well. It's disintegrating.

I live in Florida, so it's not cold weather causing the plastic to be brittle. It's always stored in a padded bag and had VERY little playtime on it. It's such BS.

Sorry. Rant complete.

Old +42/-0 PBNation FEEDBACK!!
firebirdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 PM #2
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
Yeah. Pulses had a problem with cracking feednecks. Too bad, They did work well.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 AM #3
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
How long was it sitting for? I know it was in a padded bag but was anything on top of it that could have put constant (granted light) pressure?
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM #4
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Yea, pulses are notorious for cracking. That's why you never see them anymore. There were quite a few out there despite being on the market for such a short time, but a limited supply combined with the fact that I'm sure most of them got cannibalized for shells means there are very few whole, working ones left.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:31 AM #5
cmdrsuds

Sounds like you sat on you gear bag when you were sleep walking thinking you were taking a s**t

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote