PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM #1
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Gonna buy my first 4500 tank, need help

I just got my first electro and i need to upgrade from my 3000psi tank. i just need to know if i should use a high or low pressure regulator, and what each of them do. im using a drone dx which apparently has an operating pressure of 100psi. im probably going to go with a ninja 50 or 45/45. these are the ones im currently looking at

Ninja black pearl with ultralite or adjustable regulator
Ninja carbon fiber with ultralite or adjustable regulator
Ninja gray ghost with adjustable or ultralite regulator
Ninja Dura CF with adjustable or ultralite regulator

What is the difference between those 2 regulators?
Also, if your coming here to tell me to do the research, then dont bother posting.
tell me if you have any other suggestions too
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 PM #2
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
So you want ninja? So far, so good. The ultralite reg has the light weight aluminum bonnet, The bonnet is where the tank screws into it. Aluminum wears down faster, and will need replacement sooner. The adjustable reg has a steel bonnet, and has more weight.

The tank itself is all looks. ether black pearl, ghost, carbon fiber. It's all looks. Normally you'll use a tank cover to protect the tank.

i would do a ninja carbon fiber with an ultralite reg. Then with a drone, use low pressure, by removing all the shims. Use dow 33 to lube the threads on the bonnet, to ensure the most life out of the aluminum.

Last edited by bronze : 11-06-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: I went from mid presure to low pressure. After looking in the manual, use low pressure when possible.
bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:03 PM #3
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronze View Post
So you want ninja? So far, so good. The ultralite reg has the light weight aluminum bonnet, The bonnet is where the tank screws into it. Aluminum wears down faster, and will need replacement sooner. The adjustable reg has a steel bonnet, and has more weight.

The tank itself is all looks. ether black pearl, ghost, carbon fiber. It's all looks. Normally you'll use a tank cover to protect the tank.

i would do a ninja carbon fiber with an ultralite reg. Then with a drone, use low pressure, by removing all the shims. Use dow 33 to lube the threads on the bonnet, to ensure the most life out of the aluminum.
This is why i love PBN, pretty much everything answered in one short post. Thanks for the help
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 AM #4
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
agreed. Bronze is da man! All of the information he posted was spot on Only thing I would clarify is that the bonnet is the top part of the reg that screws onto the reg body. The reg body is the part that would screw into the neck of the tank.

OP- if you opt for the ultralite, apply a light coating of dow grease on your threads before you screw it into your markers ASA. This will help prolong the life of the threads
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 AM #5
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
I said aluminum bonnet cause he has experience. Always go slow and easy when screwing in a tank, to prevent cross threading. When unscrewing the tank, use the reg itself, and not tank.

And I really like aluminum bonnet, it's a nice piece to have
bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 AM #6
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Actually, unless things changed, both the UL and regular regs are the same, with the difference being maybe an ounce as the UL has an aluminum bonnet, and slightly smaller gauge and fill nipple. The other thing, and again, this may have changed, but I thought that the regular regs had a choice between the aluminum bonnet and a brass bonnet. The differences being that aluminum is slightly lighter, but a bit softer of a metal, so the threads can deform quicker, whereas brass is slightly heavier, but a bit more durable of a metal.

Honestly, look into the Pro reg. You get the same great Ninja performance, with the ability to turn the lower part of the reg and bottle so that the fill nipple does not dig into your wrist, or whatever.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:04 PM #7
Zylon

Zylon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Zylon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Zylon supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open_Truth View Post
Actually, unless things changed, both the UL and regular regs are the same, with the difference being maybe an ounce as the UL has an aluminum bonnet, and slightly smaller gauge and fill nipple. The other thing, and again, this may have changed, but I thought that the regular regs had a choice between the aluminum bonnet and a brass bonnet. The differences being that aluminum is slightly lighter, but a bit softer of a metal, so the threads can deform quicker, whereas brass is slightly heavier, but a bit more durable of a metal.

Honestly, look into the Pro reg. You get the same great Ninja performance, with the ability to turn the lower part of the reg and bottle so that the fill nipple does not dig into your wrist, or whatever.
ninja pro is DEF worth the money. you wont regret it. I'll never use a tank without adjustable nipple / gauge location again.