PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2012, 12:25 PM #1
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

ETek 1: Question

OK, the rules and guidelines in this forum are pretty extensive, so if I'm violating one by starting this thread please bear with me.

My son comes home with an ETek 1 in mint condition and I'm wondering if this marker is worth investing a couple bucks into bringing it up to speed. I've researched a few aftermarket parts to bring it up to a performance level similar to those markers that came after it (i.e. Cure bolt, etc.), but overall is the marker a good shooter? Common flaws? Can somebody put me up to speed on this thing?

Also, this marker came to me without a trigger. Upon searching for one I find that when I see a trigger being marketed as a ETek 1 trigger, it is also as a Ego 6 trigger; are these triggers compatible? If not, where can I find a trigger for this thing?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by PMC Unknown : 11-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.
PMC Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 10:53 PM #2
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The original Etek was a rock solid performer in Planet Eclipse's mid range level marker. To answer your question on the trigger, as long as you have the original stock frame yes the trigger is compatible. Pm me if you need any advice on building this gun up. Also check my signature to get an idea of what all can be done to the Etek.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM #3
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

OK, so we took this ETek apart today, relubed all the O-rings, put her back together and fired her - SUCCESS! Looks like we are going to put our lot in with this marker and bring it back to life.

Here's my issue: I know this marker wears technology that has been surpassed. So let's start with the regulator. I just about sh*t my pants when a bunch of washers came rolling out of it. Surely there is a more efficient and consistent design besides this. Is this regulator worth replacing? Or is it just as good with an archaic design?

Please enlighten me!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:30 PM #4
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes as you can see with mine I replaced my regulator with one from an Etek 2. By doing this I gained a regulator with a spring and piston, instead of a piston and washers. This also allowed me to use the blue Bump piston designed for the 08 and newer Egos. Really it would just come down to your preference. The Eteks original regulator although a pain in the @$$ to service is still a great regulator. So its really your choice if you want to replace it.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote