Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 PM #1
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
"New" to the Etha

Hi all, I've been an avid Ego owner for the past few years. It came to the point where I didn't use my 11 enough so I sold it and downgraded to an Etha just so I can stay in the game. I chose it because it's cheaper than most Etek 3's, and honestly I wanted to go back to a single tube design and the Geo 2's were just too much defeating the purpose of me using a cheaper marker.

So from my research, I know that I should register my marker for the springless-poppet kit unless it already has one. I also splurged with the extra money and bought the TECHT MRT bolt/spring kit. Besides that, any other suggestions for this gun? Anything I should know about?
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 PM #2
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy
 
Gyvanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just know that the MRT isn't better in all situations; below 35*F I would really recommend using the stock bolt.

Other than that, the Etha is awesome in its simplicity. Nothing has to be tuned other than for personal preference, and it just does the job of putting out a paintball every time you pull the trigger like a champ. Not much to upgrade at all.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 PM #3
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyvanth View Post
Just know that the MRT isn't better in all situations; below 35*F I would really recommend using the stock bolt.

Other than that, the Etha is awesome in its simplicity. Nothing has to be tuned other than for personal preference, and it just does the job of putting out a paintball every time you pull the trigger like a champ. Not much to upgrade at all.
Gotcha, luckily I live in Texas where yes, the temperatures do get below 35 F sometimes. But I tend to never play in that cold weather anyways and it's majority of the time warm enough.

From what I know, there isn't much to tune an Etha besides dwell. Even then it's a tiny change for smoothness. Hopefully I enjoy how it shoots compared to my Ego11.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM #4
Reflex Rail Guy 101
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
Gotcha, luckily I live in Texas where yes, the temperatures do get below 35 F sometimes. But I tend to never play in that cold weather anyways and it's majority of the time warm enough.

From what I know, there isn't much to tune an Etha besides dwell. Even then it's a tiny change for smoothness. Hopefully I enjoy how it shoots compared to my Ego11.
what should ethas dwell be on?? have yall found a certain number that works well or anything of tht nature??
Reflex Rail Guy 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:23 PM #5
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex Rail Guy 101 View Post
what should ethas dwell be on?? have yall found a certain number that works well or anything of tht nature??
I think most people will say that the stock dwell setting will be the best. You can always try lowering it after you've put a good amount of paint through it (5-6 cases) and see if you still have consistency. Lower dwell should help a tad bit with efficiency as long as you can keep your consistency.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM #6
Goshawk
Deep South Baller
 
Goshawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The SIP!
Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I have used mine for a year and have several cases through it. With the MRT bolt, I have my dwell set at 10. That is only 2 lower than stock of 12. I tried and can't go any lower than that.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM #7
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
I have used mine for a year and have several cases through it. With the MRT bolt, I have my dwell set at 10. That is only 2 lower than stock of 12. I tried and can't go any lower than that.
Thanks for the input. I'll definitely shoot the two back to back in my marker to compare the shots then dwell tune a little. I'll try to make a video if possible of dwell tuning as well.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM #8
RedRiot15
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kitchener
The only upgrade I say is different barrel bore or get barrel bored out for freak inserts and a violent trigger
__________________
* Officially out of the sport *
RedRiot15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:04 PM #9
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRiot15 View Post
The only upgrade I say is different barrel bore or get barrel bored out for freak inserts and a violent trigger
Already shooting my smaller bore DYE boomy and UL backs. Mine didn't even come with the stock barrel lol. Got the violent trigger already and it was well worth it. Waiting on my MRT bolt. Hopefully the shot signature will decrease with that.

Last edited by abenguyen : 01-22-2013 at 12:50 AM.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:40 PM #10
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Got my springless-poppet kit in yesterday. I plan to make an installation video for those who don't know about it or how to.

Also got my MRT bolt. Will post a video on the two shooting differences when I get a chance.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 AM #11
D3Ready
 
 
D3Ready's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: orlando FL
Please post a video or comment about the bolt if its worth it because right now IM thinking of getting one thank you
D3Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 AM #12
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen
 
abenguyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, TX
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3Ready View Post
Please post a video or comment about the bolt if its worth it because right now IM thinking of getting one thank you
From what I've read, many people love it and feel like the Etha "must" be shot with one. Other's say save the money.

I'll have to shoot it when I get the chance to let you know my personal opinion.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:21 AM #13
D3Ready
 
 
D3Ready's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: orlando FL
Ok super will like to be hearing from you if YOU want pm with your comments on it
D3Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump