Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM #22
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
Did I miss something and the new impy is a desirable marker now?

Last time I checked they were filled with problems, specifically with the popit. When they came out I remember people letting go of their luxe 1.0's for them. I bet they regret that.....

The flame on the other hand is amazing. Keep it forever, and don't let it get too beat up.
I think the 09 Impulse is desirable to the few that are confident they can maintain and take care of them. Just from experience, a large percentage of marker users cannot maintain their main stream markers and would have a difficult time keeping up a marker with such low numbers and parts availability.
Shoot one is to know one. I finally got the chance and having experience with G6R's that shoot amazing out of the box, the Impulse really does well for a marker that was released almost 4 years ago.

The Flame would have been a great collectable marker if Bob would have kept it as a low production. I anticipated this from rumor and I guess I was wrong with the likes of ANS Gear flooding the market with them. ANS is quite known for this practice. Fortunately I special ordered the anno and hopefully it won't be copied. Custom anno's and lasered guns are usually special to the ones that ordered them. However, it may not be that special later when it gets sold second hand.

I will wait for a second hand Dragon. Not paying that price for one and as soon as the new wears off they'll decrease in price.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 PM #23
Biscuit451
Waffles

Biscuit451 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Biscuit451 supports Team VICIOUS
Biscuit451 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Biscuit451 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Impulse isn't a classic. Nobody bought one. They may be nice guns, and underrated, but they aren't classics. The original impulses are classics. The flame has a chance at being a classic. The 08 ego is definitely going to be a classic though. Even if you're not a huge fan of eclipse, they are great little guns that everybody used at a time. The fact that everybody had them means a lot of people have fond memories of one they owned. Bound for classicness.
Macroline Guy
University of South Carolina
Biscuit451 is offline   Reply With Quote