Old 11-07-2012, 02:19 AM #43
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
My buddy picked it up and I only had a chance to play the first chapter. Liked it so far. Can't wait to finish it up tomorrow.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Ripper 2, DP Rev-I, Rogue, Quest for Trade or Sale
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 AM #44
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
Should I pick this up?
pballler2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:35 AM #45
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
yes.

343 says the servers have been fixed.
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
PMR4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 AM #46
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Yeah I'm starting to realize that the DMR > BR. You just have to be on point with your headshots. If you're not good enough with it yet, the BR is the next best thing.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 AM #47
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
Except.. I won't be? Since mine is paid off, I walk to the front of the line, get my receipt, and come back at midnight.

The Gamestop I go to divides people into groups based off when they purchased the game completely. The sooner you bought it, the faster you get it at midnight.
because your the only one who paid the game off early

as long as the campaign is still halo I will play it, but as long as the multiplayer still has armor lock and ****ty non uniform gametype rotations I will not be playing multiplayer, I want to play slayer not slayer then swat right after

reach pissed me off so bad in multiplayer

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

Last edited by ElPanda : 11-07-2012 at 10:36 AM.
ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM #48
pballler2269

Bought it, installed it, and played 1 game. I have two words: ****ing amazing. The first game I ever played on Xbox was Halo 3 (I know, late bloomer) and this game completely brings me back to those days. It is STUNNING. I'm (was) a Call of Duty guy, but I think i'm in love. I actually gave my Black Ops 2 reserve to a friend.

If I had to rate this based on 1 game of multiplayer, and nothing else, I would give it a solid 8/10.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 PM #49
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life

I put the disc in for 5 seconds, game blew me away, BEST GAME EVER
Old 11-07-2012, 12:56 PM #50
pballler2269

Hey man, i'm level 4 now.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM #51
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Spartan Ops gets you a lot of XP. First episode is pretty short but kind of fun. Me and couple friends blew through it in about 45 mins on Heroic.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:10 PM #52
Bob Sinclar (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
because your the only one who paid the game off early

as long as the campaign is still halo I will play it, but as long as the multiplayer still has armor lock and ****ty non uniform gametype rotations I will not be playing multiplayer, I want to play slayer not slayer then swat right after

reach pissed me off so bad in multiplayer
slayer pro
Bob Sinclar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM #53
raidenssj10
I feel all...warm inside

raidenssj10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
raidenssj10 supports Team VICIOUS
raidenssj10 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BR seems a little off to me. DMR is much better in my opinion. I don't know what it is, but it just seems weird.

Utah Jazz
University of Utah Utes, KC Royals, Real Salt Lake, Green Bay Packers, Nashville Predators

Владивосток, Россия
raidenssj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:40 PM #54
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird

I hear they made it like Call of Duty, is this true?
earlsweatshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM #55
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Only in the sense that you can customize your loadouts and you can choose a perk plus an armor ability. It still plays like Halo.

Edit: Well I guess ordinance drops work sort of like killstreaks, also, but they only give you power weapons, not call in airstrikes or anything.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM #56
Jebus Christ
Praise Jebus!

Ordered my 360 and a copy of the game for $228 flat, not bad. Unfortunately, for some reason Amazon is shipping me the game by the 9th but the 360 by the 14th. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask if there is a reason it didn't receive 2 day shipping.

"Originally posted by Ben-Oblivion : Jebus , You are full of win and flavr. I will never doubt your holyness again."

Vist my new tech Blog: www.brokemanstech.com
Jebus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 PM #57
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
Only in the sense that you can customize your loadouts and you can choose a perk plus an armor ability. It still plays like Halo.

Edit: Well I guess ordinance drops work sort of like killstreaks, also, but they only give you power weapons, not call in airstrikes or anything.
that is what I am not liking about halo's new direction...no reason to have perks , armor abilitties or ordinance drops. I find that **** to be stupid. Keep the play like halo 3...have a overshield and camo placed on the map. Did I mention I hate armor abilities...And what are these perks? ****ing cod blows because of all the perks out there....there is no need for them

Halo reach just killed halo for me...I pry wont pick up halo 4 until 2013. And that is saying something, every other halo I have picked up on release day
Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 PM #58
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Is it just me, or is the campaign more difficult than it usually is? I played on normal (which is what I almost always play on when doing campaign by myself), and it seemed like my energy shields were weak, took a VERY long time to recharge, and that the enemies were stronger than I expected. In particular, it seemed like the Jackal's shields were strong as ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
Oh boy...just finished the campaign and I'm stoked for 5 & 6. It was a great story and the scene after the credits is only slightly different between normal/heroic/legendary.

I just did normal to work my way through the story. I'll go back and co-op it on legendary some other time. This game was astounding.

Haven't even touched the Multi-player yet but I'm installing the disc now.
What were the differences? I beat it on normal, and while I'm also doing a legendary co-op with a couple friends, I am probably not going to be able to beat it on Heroic on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
Spartan Ops gets you a lot of XP. First episode is pretty short but kind of fun. Me and couple friends blew through it in about 45 mins on Heroic.
Spartan Ops is fun as hell. I definitely look forward to the new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlsweatshirt View Post
I hear they made it like Call of Duty, is this true?
There are definitely some CoD-esque elements they put in. As a quick list:

1. different challenges for things in multiplayer (get experience for 100/500/etc headshots/kills/etc)
2. loadouts for each spawn, which you can customize by spending "spartan points" which you get each level
3. killstreak-esque ordnance drops, which give you a choice of three "power-ups", so to speak; these are a weapon, overshield, speed boost, or something along those lines
4. the spartan ops is also kind of like the spec ops (I think that's what they were called) missions from MW2. I don't know if those stayed around for Black Ops or MW3; I never played either of them

It's still definitely Halo, though. The additions just add a new dimension to the game, and so far I love it.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:24 PM #59
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Game is solid, but some flaws. Slayer has been the most fun so far, but there's one random slayer map that has ghosts on it, I don't like that. Ordinances just don't feel like Halo. Mechs are OP. Holograms show up on motion sensor for some reason.

At least there's no ****ing armor lock though.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM #60
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Is it just me, or is the campaign more difficult than it usually is? I played on normal (which is what I almost always play on when doing campaign by myself), and it seemed like my energy shields were weak, took a VERY long time to recharge, and that the enemies were stronger than I expected. In particular, it seemed like the Jackal's shields were strong as ****.

What were the differences? I beat it on normal, and while I'm also doing a legendary co-op with a couple friends, I am probably not going to be able to beat it on Heroic on my own.

It's still definitely Halo, though. The additions just add a new dimension to the game, and so far I love it.

Yes the campaign did seem hard as **** on normal (what I played too)

Regarding the ending scene:

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
The only difference in the ending is that when they take his helmet off, instead of fading to black right away and not showing anything, the legendary version shows a shot from Chief's cheek bones to his eyebrows, with his eyes dark...you can see some scars on his cheeks...then it fades to black. Not much, but kinda cool.

And yes I've loved it so far too. Sets up perfectly for the next 2 for a trilogy of the Promethian enemy. Hopefully they have some badass Promethian vehicles and such.

Also, it was ****ing awesome flying the Pelican and the other airship (forget the name)... The Mantis was meh...

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
DMC_OWNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 PM #61
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Yeah, the Pelican was cool as ****.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 PM #62
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

And as I said, the night of the release, I walked in at 10pm, got my receipt and hung out in the Gamestop for the rest of the time. They had a pillar of 4 screens/xboxes system linked for people to play custom games.

I played a few of those from 10-10:30, hung out some more. They had a raffle and my buddy won this 2x3 foot Halo 4 poster.

He got lucky as **** too because the computer gave an error when he went to get his finalized receipts and it wouldn't print his pre-order codes.

So the mother ****ers gave him a free 2000 MP ($24.99) ... AND told him to come back the next day and he'd get the pre-order codes too...He was literally the next person in line after me (for the raffle ticket AND the computer) I was raging.

They kicked us all out of the warm building at 11:45 and sectioned us into groups. I was group 3, and was in and out with my copy by 12:15.

There were probably around 200-250 people there. A LOT showed up at 11:30 expecting to get their receipts and game at the same time...but they made those people wait until all 12 groups with finalized receipts got their game. Pretty funny to watch them rage about it.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
DMC_OWNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:44 PM #63
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird

I have acquired a burned copy illegally, i'm gonna wait a while to play online because i'm sure they will be doing raids for the first month or so and I really don't want my xbox banned. Gives me time to beat the campaign though
earlsweatshirt is offline   Reply With Quote