PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM #295
Cloud9
HOLLA!

Cloud9 supports DLX Technology
I really don't like mountain dew I buy em and give em to people and people give me codes in return. It's like I'm buying friendships and xp!
Cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM #296
Cloud9
HOLLA!

Cloud9 supports DLX Technology
Is there anyone here that is not retarded that wants to party up and just play slayer? Not saying any of y'all are retarded but that's all I keep getting matched up with in match making.
Cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM #297
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

I'm not retarded but I don't play Slayer.

Add xX DESTROYKA if you want to play:
-CTF
-KoTH
-Team Regicide
-SWAT

You can't suck, either.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM #298
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
lol, halo dropped down to $40. good thing i havent boughten it yet
Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 PM #299
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
>boughten

wat
wat
Promagistrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:40 PM #300
AzaTuR
¼ Skill ¾ My Shocker™

Annual Supporting Member
AzaTuR supports Cereal Killerz 2
AzaTuR helped look for balloons
AzaTuR supports Team VICIOUS
AzaTuR supports Bob Gurnsey
AzaTuR posts videos on PbNation
AzaTuR is reppin' sidebar 4 life
AzaTuR supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidenssj10 View Post
Boltshot is really pissing me off. It has a longer kill range than the shotgun does. All I think it should do is take down shields, nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah, bolt shot pisses me off. When you bring good people down to no shields and chase them around a corner for a beat down kill and they 360 and bolt shot your face off. That **** pisses me off. But I can't complain, I do the same ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle View Post
I got this game last week and I have a few questions. 1) How does match making even work in this? I'm a level 23 and im getting paired up with 65+ 2) Whenever you get done sprinting, is there always such delay from being able to fire/see the recital or is that just lag? 3) Lag... why does the connection in this game suck so hard? Why do I keep playing the same goddamn 3 maps? Where the **** is the variety? I basically raged from COD because of the ****tiness but this isn't that much better
1. The number next to your name is your exp based rank (Think CoD), has nothing to do with your true skill rank. Your true skill rank is invisible. They are tweaking the system as to avoid anyone trying to cheat the system. It is a 1-50 ranking system (Think H3 1-50 NOT H2). You are being matched up against those with a similar true skill rank. They will release the true skill rank in January. H2 Ranking system is superior IMO because in order to rank up you had to win 3-4 games in a row. If you lose 3-4 you rank down. The H3/H4 ranking system brings in a TON of other variables. w/l, k/d... And after a while if you stop winning you get "level locked" so that you consistently get matched up against people with your skill level. Unless you win 10+ games in a row you won't get past that level 46 and get your 50... Another thing is people took advantage of the w/l ratio and boosted accounts (like I did). I quit out of 350 plus games on H3 and although it didn't show it in game it said I had -350 on bungie... If I played with a brand new account with this boosting account in double team, the games ranking system would feel bad for you and rank you up 10x as fast. I would get level 50's in under 30 games. Undefeated too because you go straight from level 47 to 50 and all of the "hard" kids are level 49. I'd sell these accounts for 'bout $100 then eventually $50 and then finally $25 a pop once everyone got there 50's...

2. Yeah the sprinting is bull****. I think they did this to close skill gap. Example: I sprint and come to a dead stop I can't immediately turn around and start firing without my enemy expecting it. This delay is so that as soon as I stop sprinting my foe has that extra millisecond to bring his cross hairs to my body.

3. I have noticed the consistent delay, not necessarily lag. But it might just be my uncle is currently staying with us and is ALWAYS running is ****ing MAC on top of the 3 other computers on the network. I am not sure, either way it's frustrating as hell. It's not even that bad, just bad enough to piss me off. I will out BR/DMR people with no shields but I won't make 8 out of 8 headshots w/ a sniper...

Last edited by AzaTuR : 12-12-2012 at 11:32 PM.
AzaTuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 AM #301
steffon
BURR!

steffon is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by veener79 View Post
I am not sure how they are matched up. I got the new maps and right now I have a horrable K/D ratio and I was getting matched up against guys with so much better stats.

Yes the lag and delays I am getting two.

Wish I liked MD. Would love to get some double XP.
thats because those people are low level in that playlist because the playlist is/was new. give it a few days and you'll start matching people equal to you for the most part

"Originally posted by contractkiller20: Pooped on a placemat, flipped it upside down, rode it down a slide and ran away."
"Originally posted by incobWTF: can't wear skinny shorts cuz mah nuts don fit."
steffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 AM #302
steffon
BURR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzaTuR View Post
Yeah, bolt shot pisses me off. When you bring good people down to no shields and chase them around a corner for a beat down kill and they 360 and bolt shot your face off. That **** pisses me off. But I can't complain, I do the same ****.

1. The number next to your name is your exp based rank (Think CoD), has nothing to do with your true skill rank. Your true skill rank is invisible. They are tweaking the system as to avoid anyone trying to cheat the system. It is a 1-50 ranking system (Think H3 1-50 NOT H2). You are being matched up against those with a similar true skill rank. They will release the true skill rank in January. H2 Ranking system is superior IMO because in order to rank up you had to win 3-4 games in a row. If you lose 3-4 you rank down. The H3/H4 ranking system brings in a TON of other variables. w/l, k/d... And after a while if you stop winning you get "level locked" so that you consistently get matched up against people with your skill level. Unless you win 10+ games in a row you won't get past that level 46 and get your 50... Another thing is people took advantage of the w/l ratio and boosted accounts (like I did). I quit out of 350 plus games on H3 and although it didn't show it in game it said I had -350 on bungie... If I played with a brand new account with this boosting account in double team, the games ranking system would feel bad for you and rank you up 10x as fast. I would get level 50's in under 30 games. Undefeated too because you go straight from level 47 to 50 and all of the "hard" kids are level 49. I'd sell these accounts for 'bout $100 then eventually $50 and then finally $25 a pop once everyone got there 50's...

2. Yeah the sprinting is bull****. I think they did this to close skill gap. Example: I sprint and come to a dead stop I can't immediately turn around and start firing without my enemy expecting it. This delay is so that as soon as I stop sprinting my foe has that extra millisecond to bring his cross hairs to my body.

3. I have noticed the consistent delay, not necessarily lag. But it might just be my uncle is currently staying with us and is ALWAYS running is ****ing MAC on top of the 3 other computers on the network. I am not sure, either way it's frustrating as hell. It's not even that bad, just bad enough to piss me off. I will out BR/DMR people with no shields but I won't make 8 out of 8 headshots w/ a sniper...
I agree with you. the halo 2 ranking system was addictingly ruthless. So many games going from the cool looking 23, to the intimidating yet lackluster 22..to finally peaking and getting 24 and 25 before they made ranking easier to go up.

I really hope that the infinity style of the game stays in the social slayer **** that is available now, or will literally be its own ranked playlist seperate from the classic respawn time settings.

Why? Because i cant ****ing drop the habit of moving across map in slayer games when my shields are low some times. and there is no "glory walk" in this game when 3-4 of the other team has died and are sitting with respawn timers. Even 2-3 second respawn timers would help drastically

edit- PS you are pretty good, top 35% on H4, but your stats look like you play by yourself alot now, you can add me if you want to, i wont be on this weekend but a lot through mid january

"Originally posted by contractkiller20: Pooped on a placemat, flipped it upside down, rode it down a slide and ran away."

Last edited by steffon : 12-14-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 AM #303
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
i got pretty high in halo 2 then hit a wall of people modding resulting in me breaking 2 controllers and putting a hole in my dorm room wall.
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:05 AM #304
AzaTuR
¼ Skill ¾ My Shocker™

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffon View Post
edit- PS you are pretty good, top 35% on H4, but your stats look like you play by yourself alot now, you can add me if you want to, i wont be on this weekend but a lot through mid january
top 35%? really? I would think I was better, where do you go to track this? If I knew you could I would be trying harder and definitely stop quitting out of games. And I've been playing by myself a lot recently (as in this past week) because of finals... And I'm trying to get my k/d back up past 2.0...
Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 PM #305
raidenssj10
I feel all...warm inside

raidenssj10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
raidenssj10 supports Team VICIOUS
raidenssj10 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
top 35%? really? I would think I was better, where do you go to track this? If I knew you could I would be trying harder and definitely stop quitting out of games. And I've been playing by myself a lot recently (as in this past week) because of finals... And I'm trying to get my k/d back up past 2.0...
Halotracker would be my guess.

And ugh that 2.0 K/D. Mine just barely dipped below 2.0, but I only need a few more good games to get it back above.

After the game had just come out, I had a 3.0 which means I cared waaaaay too much when I died. My friends convinced me to play straight flood just to destroy it so I couldn't care anymore, but all it did was kill my K/D and make me more angry =(

Utah Jazz
University of Utah Utes, KC Royals, Real Salt Lake, Green Bay Packers, Nashville Predators

Владивосток, Россия
raidenssj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:15 PM #306
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffon View Post
I agree with you. the halo 2 ranking system was addictingly ruthless. So many games going from the cool looking 23, to the intimidating yet lackluster 22..to finally peaking and getting 24 and 25 before they made ranking easier to go up.

I really hope that the infinity style of the game stays in the social slayer **** that is available now, or will literally be its own ranked playlist seperate from the classic respawn time settings.

Why? Because i cant ****ing drop the habit of moving across map in slayer games when my shields are low some times. and there is no "glory walk" in this game when 3-4 of the other team has died and are sitting with respawn timers. Even 2-3 second respawn timers would help drastically

Dude..halo 2's ranking system logic was win 10, go up a level, lose a game and fall back 2 levels. So much rage was put into my childhood because of that game haha

Last edited by Cmizzle : 12-14-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 PM #307
AzaTuR
¼ Skill ¾ My Shocker™

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle View Post
Dude..halo 2's ranking system logic was win 10, go up a level, lose a game and fall back 2 levels. So much rage was put into my childhood because of that game haha
hahah, it felt like that huh? it was usually 3/4 game difference that made rank down or up... Some times though if you won like 6 games and didn't rank up it would bump you up 2 or more... Same with losing games, if you lost 4 and didn't rank down 1 level and lost 5/6 games you would rank down 2 levels... Halo 2 was DEFINITELY the best game in the series. halo 2 forever.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 PM #308
4literranger485
xtreme noob

4literranger485 supports Team VICIOUS
4literranger485 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
Is there anyone here that is not retarded that wants to party up and just play slayer? Not saying any of y'all are retarded but that's all I keep getting matched up with in match making.

what level are you up to? I pretty much only play team slayer, but I'm also only a level 30. If you're near that level, i'm DTF. add fourliterranger
Old 12-17-2012, 02:43 AM #309
DarkickThis

DarkickThis owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DarkickThis supports Team VICIOUS
DarkickThis is an NCPA player
I personally like Halo 2 the best, but Halo 4 has incorporated some new features that make the game more complex and technical. Which is good because it keeps the game interested as compared to the same old boring stuff that can get repetitive in a game. Hopefully the next Halo will be even better, lol.
DarkickThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 AM #310
steffon
BURR!

Quote:
yea halotracker dot com

But yea. i didnt discover it until last week. it pissed me off because i would have understood a lot more things in the beginning in regards to matchmaking.

My friends would text me and be like "dood i just went 18-1 last game and 20-3 this game" and ill be like...no way im that bad at this game and was like a 1.5 the first few weeks. Then i realized i am like 3% so i only play tryhards that probably work stock at walmart for a living.

its a win/lose kind of. because my total K/D is 1.75, but H4 doesnt tell the whole story, but that site does. 1.75 vs good people is pretty respectable. it eased my mind on the whole KD thing and i just worry about winning and playing with others that want to win

edit- ill be on today for the first time in like 4 days lol

Last edited by steffon : 12-17-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 PM #311
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
the map voting thing was cool at first but i kinda wish it was just random now. i get sick of playing only rag, exile and long bow over and over
I could play Rag every game and never get tired of it. Exile is ****ing awful though, I hate that map so much.
Paintnoob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM #312
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
I.****ING.HATE.RAG. seriously cannot stand playing that damn map

i like exile, longbow, melt down mainly. havent played the new maps at all (havent really played in the last week). i really like vortex too but it is almost never voted up

Last edited by imhungry : 12-17-2012 at 12:29 PM.
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM #313
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

I don't know how people can like exile. I feel like there's always way too much **** going on and there are too many hiding spots while also being super open.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM #314
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
I could play Rag every game and never get tired of it. Exile is ****ing awful though, I hate that map so much.
Theres 4 maps that I've never even played nor had the opportunity to even vote on. ****s up with that?
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM #315
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

I only play big team but I'm pretty sure there's only like 4 levels total for that. Kind of lame, but they're mostly good levels