PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 02-24-2013, 04:13 AM #442
jpazz
I am Psych-ot-ic

It has been a good run

I was going to create its own thread for this, but I'm not that kind of person, so I said, eh, put it here.

5.5 years, and 11 games later.

Arh and I produced out first scenario in 2007. And it kept growing from there.

Paint the World was when I first really met The Mob, and Grazi and others.

At Biowars I met Infamous and others.

X7 I met Box and we all met Hurricane Hannah.

And the pool of friends kept growing.

Through the years we wanted to write original stuff, intriguing stories, and unique universes. You guys let us by supporting us no matter what role you were in when you supported us.

Players
Referees
WülfPak
Skirmish staffers

We thank you all for all the support over the years. We enjoyed every aspect of it and have zero regrets.

I will see you all at other scenarios and events.

Thank you for 5 and a half years of good times.

I must still be suffering from exhaustion...It's been more than a good run, it's been a GREAT run with you all guys

09/08/07 - Paint the World 1944 | 06/01/08 - BioWars | 09/06/08 - Assault on Planet X7 | 01/31/09 - Jpazz CARHpenter's:THE THING
06/06/09 - BioWars 2 | 09/12/09 - Phantom Panic | 06/12/10 - C.I.S. Skirmish | 02/19/11 - Jpazz CARHpenter's: THE THING II | 06/04/11 - Revolution 2776 9/8/12 - The Plague Wars | 2/23/13 - THE THING III

TSSOC Fallout: Wasteland / Enclave MVP | TSSOC Army of Darkness /Human MVP

French X.O. ION 2011: No matter who wins, we lose.

Last edited by jpazz : 02-24-2013 at 06:09 AM.
jpazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2013, 05:41 AM #443
Keg
Lacrosse Grenadier

Quintessentially the finest games I've ever run in and I've run in a lot of them. Thank you again Amanda and Joe.
Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 AM #444
Yourmomsbox
AKA P.C. Box

I would like to start off by thanking Joe and Amanda for writing some great games that will be dearly missed and the rest of Wulfpak for helping staff these games.

To the teams out there I would want to start off with my team thank you for coming out and supporting me even if you where trying to screw me over at times. For those of you who we decided to open fire on .. well you can understand why.

To the rest of the teams who player for me SOV, Ragnarok, AA, Forefront, Decoz, Keg, Gravediggers, Mob and anyone else who i forgot thank you all for the support and for making my day interesting to say the least.

To my MVP Keg, without your help would of been so hard to get as much done without you Stacker (other guys who was innoculated) .

Big Bo and Derek you guys where also very key to our success with you guys running around getting props doing missions and just being there to help with everything thanks so much for your help. You both where deserving of the MVP award too i wish i could of given out 2 of them

AA for your MVT well there was only really 1 or 2 of your but Alpha was there helping us clean player/ run props anything and everything we needed done he/they where there to do it. Thanks again always a pleasure running with you guys.

To my Things.. Delrusso, Decoz and Prologix well you guys made my life very hard between flipping flag, infecting players, and just making everything more difficult. You guys pretty much singlehandly ensured our loss with the damage you where able to do. So kudos to the things out there, which i was told at one point was pretty much my ENTIRE side.

To the Americans a great game wish we could do it all over again thanks for a great battle and to anyone else i forgot to mention thank you for your "help".

OH yea.. and Grazi and his lil brigade

Last edited by Yourmomsbox : 02-25-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Yourmomsbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:52 AM #445
ram2600

A big thank you to Amanda and Joe for 5 years of fantastically fun games.

It will be fun to see you both play more, and if all goes well see you in some of the same type of paranoia situations you put us though... lol
// '14 I.O.N French General //
"1/2" of Custard PB Productions
ram2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM #446
prologix
Now:running with scissors

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I just wanted thank everyone, for such a great time that my boys and I had.
Thanking Box for not shooting me on site, even though he had kind of incorrect info on me being infected (The large mustache referred to the dummy outside the bus, not me)
All the guys and girls playing with us and to all the people I infected in the proshop. (No one traveled in pairs to the proshop, I found that odd, but useful.)
Attending: Blazing Saddles @ LVP 5/3/2014
1) Yes I have gold ups, no I do not need them. We could do a deal I suppose. 2) Hey, when we talk price lets talk all inclusive (shipping and paypal fees).
prologix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM #447
JoeisanAssassin
JoKeR

JoeisanAssassin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
JoeisanAssassin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JoeisanAssassin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ahhhhhh great game! I am going to miss these, but I am equally excited for those who will be producing games in the future.

I managed to play about 1 hour and 30 mins without being infected. Was heading to find the Chinese base when my teammates decided to stop and I was left alone and infected... by my brother.... who proceeded to tell me how he made contact with Jpazz a few weeks earlier. That SOB. I played the rest of the game infected (so much fun by the way) , so I proceeded to sabotage everything I could. Im pretty sure there are still some props stashed away on the field.

Thank you to everyone who helped make it a great game. I would have loved to come back to base and make myself more useful, but being infected is just a ****load of fun.
JoeisanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:48 PM #448
SixRomeo
Alpha

Excellent, excellent game. The paranoia, the intrigue, the unforeseen surprises...even better than the last one. Once again, Skirmish gave us the right weather to help make the scenario even more immersive. I was surprised and somewhat relieved to see some of my friends on the other side, then instantly worried about those I saw were Chinese...LOVE THIS GAME.

Thanks first and foremost for my AA brother, Defect, for coming out with me and doing whatever he could once he arrived to push back the Blues and hunt some THINGs. Thanks also to his friend who stuck with us over unfamiliar terrain and plenty of surprises.

A game on par, if not better, than the other G-Force games I have attended. Sad to see Joe and Amanda end their productions, but hopeful we will get to play alongside them even more now. We will tell tales of these games, and hold them as the yardstick for "thinking-players'" games forever. Thank you ball for truly and repeatedly raising the bar over the last half-decade.

Thanks to Chris (Box) for inviting me to play, and to all of my friends who helped me have fun, infected and not. Special thanks to Ace, who had my back, even after I infected him, got cured, and then went out to hunt and ultimately cure him. Just one of the crazy stories I now have thanks to everyone who came out to support the Chinese.

I am truly humbled by the MV...D, knowing how many other teams out there probably deserved it just as much. I think I just got caught and cured before I could do too much damage, and then did whatever I could to try and cleanse our side of the THING. In that way, the awards are like the scores in this game. They only indicate who was the worst at being infected...

As for those of you who were no-shows: you missed a fantastic game with near-perfect winter paintball weather. You were not missed, but don't be surprised if you see the AA skull opposite you on the field this year.

-A

AA

Last edited by SixRomeo : 02-24-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Typos
SixRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 PM #449
"PITA"
Sofa Kingdom #44

"PITA" plays in the APPA D5 division
"PITA" has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.429813900426736.96922.270962902978504&type= 3

Photos from after the game from PITA. I spent more time trying to find people to shoot on the field than playing or taking pictures. I would hear gun fire and go looking but find no one and then got separated from everyone and had to look for small skirmishes.

To the chinese players...the group at your left tape line in the flag station...I want to apologize to the guy I called an a-hole when I was shot out and he kept firing at me. I was trying to signal and said I was out but I don't know if you were having fogging issues like I was at the time as well. Your friend farther back was saying that he wasn't the a-hole and I said no your the cupcake the guy shooting at me is the a-hole. Then you came over to check on me since I wasn't moving from being cramped in a crouched position for so long. Thank you for that. Just to let you know you got me out with a shot to the back of the hand...so today when I was playing at my home field I had to call myself an a-hole for shooting the palm of that same hand point blank with barrel sock on. lol. Thank you for the fire fight...I still can't believe you guys never saw me before I started shooting you.

Last edited by "PITA" : 02-24-2013 at 07:47 PM.
"PITA" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM #450
mariol
aka 'Da Pope'

mariol owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
A great G-Force game... as usual!!

Many, many thanks to JPazz and Arh for the great games they put on for Skirmish as G-Force productions. The games were always top quality, well planned and well executed. Joe was always around the field somewhere, doing something, always trying to make sure things were going well. Arh was behind the scenes doing the same and could always be counted on for great art work and prop creation.

The Skirmish refs were always on and always did a great job. Big thanks also to Paul who openned Skirmish to the G-Force games and to allow the legacy to continue with SOV and Custard.

Thanks to all those who came out to support the game and did not let the weather deter them. The weather was actually pretty decent for the day!

G-Force games, though small could always be counted on to have great teams participate in the fun and that's what the games were.. FUN. I have had the pleasure of playing, commanding and most fun.. being a role player along with my teammate Mephy for JPazz and Arh.

I formally extend a welcome to SOV and Custard productions and offer my services to them if needed.

The games are dead, long live the games!!!!!!

WHOSE YOUR POPE?
YETTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIII!/Team Douche Bag
RTM Contract player

Last edited by mariol : 02-24-2013 at 07:43 PM.
mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:29 PM #451
mariol
aka 'Da Pope'

PITA.. check your link!!

WHOSE YOUR POPE?
RTM Contract player
Old 02-24-2013, 07:33 PM #452
ram2600

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariol View Post
The Skirmish refs were always on and always did a great job. Big thanks also to Paul who openned Skirmish to the G-Force games and to allow the legacy to continue with SOV and Custer.

The games are dead, long live the games!!!!!!
Going to do out best.... Love Custard.... ;-)

I promise to not call it The Thing: Reboot... lol
// '14 I.O.N French General //
"1/2" of Custard PB Productions
ram2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:48 PM #453
"PITA"
Sofa Kingdom #44

"PITA" plays in the APPA D5 division
"PITA" has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariol View Post
PITA.. check your link!!
fixed...try again
"PITA" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:59 PM #454
mariol
aka 'Da Pope'

Quote:
Originally Posted by "PITA" View Post
fixed...try again
Ok.. but now getting: This content is currently unavailable

WHOSE YOUR POPE?
RTM Contract player
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 AM #455
TSSOC.PROFESSOR

TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Thank you Jpazz & Arh for an amazing oeuvre of scenario games!

I started out playing scenario games in 2006 and the first game that I decided to get into the role playing aspect was The Thing I (thank you General Woo & Fishkopp for helping me out at that one!). Thank you for constantly expanding my mind and expanding my community of scenario players. I will miss your games immensely!!!

I had a great time, as usual, at The Thing III. The weather was fabulous! Congrats to Murdoc for the win. You had it rough, but you persevered with a great attitude and empowering others. It was a lot of fun playing infected, but just as fun, inoculated. To the American team, great working and playing with you. To the Chinese, great playing against all of you (except Keg...I won't forget that betrayal for quite a while ) I'm not a payback kind of guy, but this favor must be returned. Special shout out Stacker for going against orders and playing honorably!
TSSOC.PROFESSOR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:34 AM #456
jpazz
I am Psych-ot-ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeisanAssassin View Post

I managed to play about 1 hour and 30 mins without being infected. Was heading to find the Chinese base when my teammates decided to stop and I was left alone and infected... by my brother.... who proceeded to tell me how he made contact with Jpazz a few weeks earlier. That SOB.

LOLOL

I was contacted by 3 ... 3 NEA members for starting infected. You first, and you said you wanted to think about it. Then two more followed. We went with Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by prologix View Post
even though he had kind of incorrect info on me being infected (The large mustache referred to the dummy outside the bus, not me)
It never even dawned on me the clues would be used that way. I still have lots to learn about how far the paranoia spreads and how deep it runs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prologix View Post
All the guys and girls playing with us and to all the people I infected in the proshop. (No one traveled in pairs to the proshop, I found that odd, but useful.)
Odd indeed. At THING II that would never have happened. However there were folks trying to get infected.

I guess they though being an absorbing alien lifeform from another planet was all good.

09/08/07 - Paint the World 1944 | 06/01/08 - BioWars | 09/06/08 - Assault on Planet X7 | 01/31/09 - Jpazz CARHpenter's:THE THING
06/06/09 - BioWars 2 | 09/12/09 - Phantom Panic | 06/12/10 - C.I.S. Skirmish | 02/19/11 - Jpazz CARHpenter's: THE THING II | 06/04/11 - Revolution 2776 9/8/12 - The Plague Wars | 2/23/13 - THE THING III

TSSOC Fallout: Wasteland / Enclave MVP | TSSOC Army of Darkness /Human MVP

French X.O. ION 2011: No matter who wins, we lose.
jpazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM #457
Keg
Lacrosse Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSOC.PROFESSOR View Post
(except Keg...I won't forget that betrayal for quite a while ) !
I had a mission to complete. The red barrel at the time was a critical component to the success of our operation and would be had at all costs.
The backstory to this curveball for everyone follows...

We, the Chinese, were in need of a red barrel and had reports that the Americans were in possession of one. A phone all to Professor and subsequent negotiation lead to an agreement between us where I would forfeit some point cards for the game in exchange for the said barrel. Having assumed temporary command of the Chinese forces (more on that later) I instructed Stacker and Derek to meet with Professor near the Pentagon to make the exchange. Instead of the point cards we agreed upon I sent a couple of testing unit charge cards with a infection card sandwiched in between them. I also instructed Ragnarok to set up a perimeter around Stacker to shoot and retrieve the barrel no matter what happened to entrust our side receiving the barrel. In the end we got the red barrel, mission accomplished.

I do feel bad if Professor got shot up but this is The Thing and I'm sure he will acknowledge the text I sent him days before the game that he was not going to get that red barrel.

I love you Sam.

Keg

P.s. Speaking on that barrel... When the US forces overran the Chinese base you all, 20+ of you, had the chance to take all of our props yet all you took we're some empty Bionicon boxes, 2 food crates, and some cookies I threw out to you to keep you from that very same red barrel. Operation Housewife aided in the security of vital Chinese held props via tasty oatmeal cookies.
Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM #458
TSSOC.PROFESSOR

I actually got an infection card, two clue cards and a 1 point card for the exchange. The clue cards weren't important as we had already solved the clue puzzle by 11:30am and the infection card a moot point, as I was inoculated. Loved that puzzle by the way...very reminiscent of CIS Skirmish.

I didn't get shot up either, as Stacker barrel tagged me instead of shooting me up. Thanks again, Stacker.

I would like to hear the story of you taking temporary command as well. Do tell!

I, too, was surprised that I didn't see that red barrel back at our base after our successful base assault. I got close, but got shot out about 50 ft from your base.

I love you too, Pete, but watch your back at all times this season.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 AM #459
JoeisanAssassin
JoKeR

Thats what you get for waving us off, Professor! I remember seeing that red barrel at the beginning of the game, and knew that the Chinese needed it, think I had some kids drag it back to the base. Have a couple of point cards sitting on my desk, and apparently the Thing was wearing a scarf.

I was so upset when the US won because I was working so hard all day to ruin it =(. Sorry Murdoc, I wish I could have been more useful, but that infection just takes ahold of you.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 AM #460
TSSOC.PROFESSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeisanAssassin View Post
Thats what you get for waving us off, Professor! I remember seeing that red barrel at the beginning of the game, and knew that the Chinese needed it, think I had some kids drag it back to the base. Have a couple of point cards sitting on my desk, and apparently the Thing was wearing a scarf.

I was so upset when the US won because I was working so hard all day to ruin it =(. Sorry Murdoc, I wish I could have been more useful, but that infection just takes ahold of you.
Lol...I should have had you guys stay, as I had to keep reminding Corey and another guy, who I forgot his name, who I brought along with me at the last minute to stay on the safe side, to keep ahead of me and shoot if there were any shenanigans. The player who's name I forgot jumped in with you guys, so I had just myself and Corey. Corey just stood there and got barrel tagged after I did.

I did wonder about you, since I didn't see you for quite some time at the CP and kept on seeing your teammates. Did AJ, or his buddies who witnessed it, tell you about the story how I infected him? Good times.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 AM #461
JoeisanAssassin
JoKeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSOC.PROFESSOR View Post
Lol...I should have had you guys stay, as I had to keep reminding Corey and another guy, who I forgot his name, who I brought along with me at the last minute to stay on the safe side, to keep ahead of me and shoot if there were any shenanigans. The player who's name I forgot jumped in with you guys, so I had just myself and Corey. Corey just stood there and got barrel tagged after I did.

I did wonder about you, since I didn't see you for quite some time at the CP and kept on seeing your teammates. Did AJ, or his buddies who witnessed it, tell you about the story how I infected him? Good times.
Yeah, he was like freaked out. He thinks it was a set-up and that most of the people at the CP were infected. A decent amount of my teammates managed to stay uninfected, and I avoided the CP at all costs just so I can keep screwing with everyone.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 AM #462
ace0007

It was a great day despite the slick conditions. I hope the people who take this over keep it going witht he same craziness. JPazz, Arh, and WolfPak have set the bar pretty high for scenario games that don't follow traditional formats. I will miss playing the games, but alas, we all need a break.

To all the Americans, well I think I ended up shooting more of my own team than you. I barely saw any of them, but I did hear some good fire fights through out the day. Congrats on the win!

To the Chinese players, well it was a tough loss. Can't win them all, but as long as the Thing doesn't win, then we have done the world a service.

Alpha, we should have taken advantage of the "situation" at the flag station with Fishkopp and Woo. That would be my only regret not trying lol

See you all at future games!

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups