Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2012, 03:32 PM #1
Benji molina

wierd problem need help

So i went to my local dicks sporting goods to fill up my co2 tanks today and they filled them

i travel home and put paint in my gun and put the co2 in

this happens i pull the bolt back and the paint gets stuck in the barrel every time and the bolt locks forward every time

so i take off the barrel and the same thing but the balls drop 2 inches from the gun and i even fiddled with the fps adjuster

by the way i am using an old spyder tl-r

it is like 40 degrees where i live

and i shot yesterday and i could get 5 or 6 shots off then i would have to pull the bolt back and i thought it was ok but now this happened

thank you

-ben
Benji molina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2012, 03:48 PM #2
Benji molina

Also how bad is it to leave c02 in the gun because I don't want to take it off because i will lose a lot of the c02

I could not finish out the tank the way the gun was performing
Old 11-04-2012, 03:51 PM #3
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

is your velocity adjuster turned up on your gun? Co2 is not as effective when the temperature gets low also. not sure what the cut off temp is, been a while since I used Co2. If you can, try a couple of shots in your back yard after getting the Co2 tank to room temperature. If it shoots fine after the tank is warm, then it may be too cold outside. Make sure your orings are lubed on your bolt too.
EvilPimp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 PM #4
Benji molina

I did turn the velocity adjuster up on my gun
but how do i lube my bolt o rings and what with?
Is it safe to leave the c02 in the gun? for how long?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:37 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you take your barrel off regardless of the marker or air supply paintballs will not travel that far at all. The air disperses too quickly.
I would not leave your marker aired up beyond a day of play. You stress your springs and seals and it can be a safety concern if you have kids around or some lack luster friends in the brain department.
Also this seems much more like a marker specific issue rather then an air issue so I'll move this into the Kingman forum for you.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM #6
Necrogen98
:D

Necrogen98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Necrogen98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Necrogen98 supports Empire
As Tabris said, leaving the gun aired up for long periods can cause undue stress on the parts. Additionally the bolt is connected to the striker on Spyders and if you try to remove the bolt without de-gassing the marker you will blow those parts across the room (and lose all of your CO2 in the tank). You really don't lose any air at all when unscrewing your tank, maybe three shots worth.

De-gas the marker and lube/clean your bolt and striker assembly. There are directions in the stickies at the top of the Kingman forum on how to do this. If you still have no luck, let me know and I will help you further.

Ego 9 / DM7 / JOLE Blackout________________Bunker Mafia________________ NotSoLucky
Necrogen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 AM #7
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Actually, you can remove the bolt assembly without degassing the gun. Normally the valve is closed meaning there is no air flowing up into the breech or flowing out towards the striker to push it back. Although it is probably not a safe thing to do, you can remove the internals (except the valve) without releasing any air.

Also, you probably won't cause that much damage leaving the air connected to the gun. As long as you uncock the gun (hold the bolt back as you pull the trigger and let the bolt slide forward slowly to rest, do not push the bolt forward), the only parts that will be under pressure will be the valve and possibly a regulator if you have one. The spring in the valve is designed to be compressed for long periods of time. Technically, the spring is always compressed even when the gun is not aired up.

Also, the cup seal is probably fine under the increased pressure of CO2. Although I would for safety reasons not leave the gun aired up and degass the marker as soon as you can.

You can lube your gun using oil. I recommend gold cup lube or even air tool lube (meant for pneumatic tools). You can also use tri-flow oil(get it at lowes/home depot). You will want to put oil on the striker oring. The striker is the heavy cylinder in the bottom tube of your gun. It will have a single oring on it near the front of it. Put a drop or two of oil on and make sure it is evenly coated. A little bit goes a long way. You can also put a few drops of oil into the ASA next time you fire the gun, this will push that oil up into the valve area, making sure that it creates a nice seal.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:11 PM #8
Benji molina

Ok thank you all i appreciate the help alot

so what one do i need to lube i am not familiar how the bolt works

also where can i find a rocking trigger for this gun
Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 PM #9
Necrogen98
:D

Necrogen98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Necrogen98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Necrogen98 supports Empire
Take out your bolt and striker (see stickies if you need parts ID, but both come out together). Bolt is in the top tube, striker is in the bottom. Now lube any O-rings that you see on these parts. Striker always has one (factory O-ring is orange) and depending on the kind of bolt and model of gun, the bolt will have between zero and three o-rings.

On the rocking trigger, I would HIGHLY suggest that you try one out before buying. They are extremely hit-or-miss. Kingman has discontinued them so Ebay or the BST forums here would be your best bet.

Ego 9 / DM7 / JOLE Blackout________________Bunker Mafia________________ NotSoLucky
Necrogen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 PM #10
Benji molina

where i live there will be no way to test one out there are no fields that would have ANYONE with anything but a tippmann 98
and i have no stores
but could someone reccomend one
i thought they were specific to the gun
Old 11-05-2012, 11:35 PM #11
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

stickin2j has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stickin2j has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If nobody else has anything but tippman 98's, any electric frame with two-finger trigger will be more than sufficient.
Christ Krew #293
stickin2j is offline   Reply With Quote