PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-07-2014, 08:00 AM #1
jeremyhaile
old dog

True Paintball Sponsored Beginner Leage Trial March 29th

For anyone that's been asleep, we are having the mother of all paintball leagues to get new players trained up. This is a sponsored program. That basically means I'm paying for you to give it an honest effort. Admission doesn't even cost as much as the sum of the field passes that you would otherwise pay for, let alone the other pile of expenses that will be taken care of for you.
  • 17 Week Long Draft Based League
  • Coached Practices! Paint is included and there is no field/air fee charged to go to your team practice. Missing too many practices is a good way to get kicked out of the league (No refund.)
  • Admission included for 3 Tournaments. Paint is not provided for the events. You will need to come up with $40-60 per event for paint money.
  • Standard Provided Equipment: Planet Eclipse Etha Marker, Carbon Fiber Tank from GI Sportz, Force Feed Loader -TBD, Thermal Goggle -TBD. Equipment will be stored at the field and still belongs to True Paintball. There will be a purchase program after the year for those that want to keep the stuff. The rest of the stuff will be sold to cover some of the cost of the league.
  • Team Jersey / Shirt.
  • Protective Equipment Purchase Opportunity - You can buy pads prior to the league beginning at a killer price.

DO IT!
The coaches and refs are behind you. They are getting few crummy perks, but just want to see the sport grow and want to be your teammates a little down the road. They will be taking different practice times to ensure maximum compatibility. If you aren't yet a vetted tournament player, you need to do this. I know of many that have played in local tournaments that I would not consider too advanced for this. Do it for yourself; Do it for the local tournament player community. The role of tournament paintball needs to grow at our ever changing facility. We want to invest in what you do, but it needs to get bigger. The mission of this league is to build a self-sustaining community. We want to see competitive open class tournaments thrive here in town.

But, I'm Not a Beginner
I know some of you reading this regard yourselves as real ballers. You come to the field dressed up in all your agg tourney gear and your expensive gun and then hit up the rental kids instead of going out back where you should be... sigh. You know who you are, I'm not mad at you because I've failed you. I failed to give you a chance to really start the right way. This is for you guys; This is your opportunity; No man left behind (women welcome too!). There is no shame in calling yourself a beginner. You need some coaching. I know, I've seen many of you I played my first game of paintball in 1992, and still consider myself a beginner on a competitive level. I'm an old man with four kids and a demanding job or I'd totally be in it with you. You have to be coached and trained to get to the next level, I've not had enough proper training to be considered "novice". You can play with 10,000 birthday parties, and will see little improvement in your game. Some of you have been doofing around like this for years; it's time to give paintball as a sport a chance. The journey to becoming a legit player begins with learning solid fundamentals. Everyone will have the same quality gear and have qualified coaches.

Food for Thought
Just think of the 11 year old kids surpassing your playing ability by the end of the season if you miss out.

I want to do this! What now?
Fill out this form. It just tells us you intend to do it. Show up at the free trial on 3/29; all you have to do is buy paint. Starts at 4pm.
https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=rr4...vKXtzFLmZE0jA#
jeremyhaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2014, 01:15 PM #2
KGBbonecrusher

has been a member for 10 years
Yeeeaaaahhhh boi!

Also, nice work on dropping the word "agg".

This is legit guys. The price you'd pay for field fees ALONE comes just shy of what you'd pay for the league.

Last edited by KGBbonecrusher : 03-07-2014 at 01:19 PM.
KGBbonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:49 AM #3
XxDerpIslandxX
Insert Custom User Title

Annual Supporting Member
XxDerpIslandxX is BST Trusted
XxDerpIslandxX is playing at Living Legends VII
XxDerpIslandxX owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
XxDerpIslandxX owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
XxDerpIslandxX has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
XxDerpIslandxX supports DLX Technology
XxDerpIslandxX supports Empire
The way you used agg just killed me..XD
Old 03-12-2014, 04:25 PM #4
Spittwist

Damnit I'm out of the country on 3/29 I get back the next day
Spittwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 PM #5
jeremyhaile
old dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittwist View Post
Damnit I'm out of the country on 3/29 I get back the next day
You can still be in the draft if you miss the trial day. Coaches will just have less info to work with since they won't be able to see you on that specific day. Maybe the mysterious "dark horse" factor will intrigue them
jeremyhaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:26 PM #6
medmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhaile View Post
You can still be in the draft if you miss the trial day. Coaches will just have less info to work with since they won't be able to see you on that specific day. Maybe the mysterious "dark horse" factor will intrigue them
What time will practices and tourneys be held during the week and weekends? I have some potential work conflicts and can we still participate even though we cannot make it 100% of the time? Also, what time should we show up to the field this weekend for draft day?
medmark is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups