Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2012, 02:16 PM #1
veener79
eNVee

veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Question Knee and arm pads VS jersey and pants with padding

I am new to paint ball. I have been wondering one thing. I bought Planet Eclipse pants and jersey and they have a lot of padding. I used them for the first time this past week and found them very easy to move in and padding worked very well.

Are knee and arm pads more if you where short sleeves?

Right now working on my Christmas list for my Wife and family and trying to figure out if it would be worth to get Knee and arm pads also. Just not sure if they are something I really need or not.

Proud to call the Badlandz home
www.thebadlandz.com

Loving the paintball community and team I am on.
veener79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 AM #2
shoebradley

shoebradley has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
depends on how "into" paintball you're gonna be. if you're gonna be a weekend warrior and just play for fun and not take it too serious, the built in pads in the pants and jersey may be enough. if you're gonna play real serious like and start sliding and diving around then you're probably going to need more padding than the pants and jersey alone will provide. extra pads aren't something you really need, unless you start banging yourself around on the field
shoebradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM #3
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
I play woodsball a lot and kneepads are a must. Nothing worse than kneeling on some twigs or rocks. The Empire line of pads are by far the best. There really are no companies out there putting out pads that compare to their knee, arms, and chest pads.

I personally wouldn't even consider looking at other pads.

I have a lot of scars on my arms from paintball. Arm pads also give you a lot more bounces than your bones will. Nothing worse than having bruises that look like ring-worm lol.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 PM #4
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
I play woodsball a lot and kneepads are a must. Nothing worse than kneeling on some twigs or rocks. The Empire line of pads are by far the best. There really are no companies out there putting out pads that compare to their knee, arms, and chest pads.

I personally wouldn't even consider looking at other pads.

I have a lot of scars on my arms from paintball. Arm pads also give you a lot more bounces than your bones will. Nothing worse than having bruises that look like ring-worm lol.
dye pads are top notch, been using them for years. can't say i've had to much experience with empire pads, last time i had empire elbow pads was back in 2005
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote