PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM #43
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
I always drive with a seatbelt in everyday life. I am not one of those idiots that think he can be saved by being thrown out of the vehicle.

The MRAP gunner had this elaborate harness to hold him in the vehicle, but the strikers didn't have any of it for their gunners or rear guards at the time.
I'll just leave it at that. There were many reasons behind the things we did and expected. I am not going to try to win this argument for cool points. It is just what happened and we made do with what we had.
We all know how MRAPs and Strykers work bro. You're still an idiot and would of been absolutely ****ed if you hit an IED worth its salt.
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 PM #44
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Which was ultimately my point.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 PM #45
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
That is your opinion. And if I was absolutely ****ed, as the gunner, the configuration of the stryker would be to blame. I wore a seatbelt whenever there was one available. I wore my earplugs even when people made fun of me for wearing them. I took every safety precaution that was available to me. If it wasn't there, well **** it, I'm going on the mission anyway aren't I. Does the army leave room for a choice when you are lower enlisted?

How am I an idiot when I am just a soldier that does what people tell me? How many times I rode in a 5-ton in the back without a seatbelt I cannot count?

You do what you can in a combat mission with what is available to you; if you are going to say otherwise, you don't understand that the mission must go on. You must also be calling the special forces guy that sat across from me [armed with only a knife and a pistol] and the captains that were with me idiots also. There were no seatbelts in the stryker we were using. The cav must be truly whack.

No one died in our troop, but when the infantry came to replace us, two were killed on the third week about 1000m from the COP. Their stryker rolled over. We heard the news from the FOB we transferred to, before leaving for Saudi Arabia. I will not discuss the results of an IED blast and what it did to one of our strykers online.

I will delete all my posts in this thread in 24 hours. I believe the question about cav scouts has been thoroughly answered.
Bro you're so operator.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 PM #46
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Bet you wont quote every post see he can't delete them...

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:30 PM #47
littleham
WARHAM

This thread is embarrassing now. Sabers....

Last edited by littleham : 03-10-2014 at 10:56 AM.
littleham is offline   Reply With Quote