Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 PM #1
az2stp

About to introduce eight new people to paintball...

Heyo Nation. I've been away from the sport for about three years and am about to bring eight co-workers to a local field I just started going to. I've sent them information in the Beginners FAQs I found on here and instructed them on the two big rules (on the field = mask on, off the field = condom on). What else can I do to leave a great impression of the sport with them and make sure they have a blast? I'm a little concerned that they're going to be a bit disappointed going on the field with their Pirhannas/98 customs when they get lit up by some 14 year old with a Luxe.
az2stp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 PM #2
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
If anything them playing with those guns will make them want a nicer gun even more. Its a love/hate game, those that enjoyed their time will want to come back and play again/ possibly invest in a better marker. There will be those that decide its not for them. The other thing i would do is break them in to the realization of paint cost. And also explaining to them that if they do upgrade to a better gun, then you incur the cost of more and more paint.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 PM #3
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VII
Pump Scout supports Team VICIOUS
Pump Scout is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
If you've got eight other people coming, ask the field if you can be a group unto yourselves, or rolled in with just other renters. Any good field will split off the "14 year olds with Luxes" from the new players and renters... for this exact reason. You don't want to scare away what could/should be repeat customers with a bad experience.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote