Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2012, 05:26 PM #1
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
What's the best way to promote paintball?

I'm getting back into paintball and I'm hearing that this sport is declining in popularity. I do not want paintball to be just a memory. What could my friends and I do to help promote paintball? We're already trying to get our buddys to go but either they're too pu.ssy or don't wanna go with a hangover (college girls...). I'm selling my Canon 40D and lenses, but once I get a job I'm planning on getting better photo gear. Hopefully I can post pictures on flickr, facebook, my website, etc.

Help me keep this sport alive!

EDIT: We need something better then just word of mouth. During RA meetings, whenever it comes up that either I or one of the RAs plays, all the girls kinda go, "Ooh that's so cool!". But that's it.

Girl: I don't wanna play cuz it'll hurt.
Me: It doesn't hurt, you'll have a blast!
Girl: I don't know...

Last edited by Xdanisx : 11-01-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Xdanisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2012, 07:52 PM #2
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Head to the BST section here, and load up on some cheap padded clothing and elbow pads for your friends to wear. Then invite one of your friends that isn't sure about paintball over, and tell them they can shoot you a few times outside, to show them that it doesn't hurt. That's the best way I've found to get people who are scared to play.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 PM #3
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
lol i feel like these threads get posted at least once a week
Old 11-02-2012, 09:44 PM #4
MPH2

I have noticed this topic comes up a lot too but, it's true the sport is taken a big hit. I don't want it to die because its one thing my son and I do the father son bonding thing very well. One thing I noticed is newbies like my son and me go out and get hammered with paintballs but it is how you learn the sport I can see where some kids will get discouraged easily. It's kinda how today's kids are raised. If they can't win their first try they give up. In any other sport do they go easy on the new guys. NO because then they have two stages of learning so to speak. My kid got discouraged at first but I told him if the better players took it easy on him then he would think he is doing good then when they start playing full on it will be like climbing two hills instead of one. This is just one of the problems I feel
MPH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM #5
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH2 View Post
I have noticed this topic comes up a lot too but, it's true the sport is taken a big hit. I don't want it to die because its one thing my son and I do the father son bonding thing very well. One thing I noticed is newbies like my son and me go out and get hammered with paintballs but it is how you learn the sport I can see where some kids will get discouraged easily. It's kinda how today's kids are raised. If they can't win their first try they give up. In any other sport do they go easy on the new guys. NO because then they have two stages of learning so to speak. My kid got discouraged at first but I told him if the better players took it easy on him then he would think he is doing good then when they start playing full on it will be like climbing two hills instead of one. This is just one of the problems I feel
unfortunately this is all too true. if they lose on their ps3, they just hit the reset button or throw a tantrum and mommy makes it ok. They dont know how to become better by learning their weaknesses. They just assume they will be the best ever and when they're not, they quit. or complain and say everyone else is cheating....

i dont think paintball is "dwindling". new players just arent as hardcore as the rest of us. lol

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 PM #6
Xdanisx
Team up! Team Up!

Xdanisx posts videos on PbNation
Xdanisx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xdanisx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
lol i feel like these threads get posted at least once a week
Sorry for wanting to help?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 PM #7
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Dont get all defensive.... it wasnt a personal attack on you, i was just laughing because in the past 2 weeks there has been at least 4 threads made on this exact topic....
Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 AM #8
p8ntballer101
YETI

has been a member for 10 years
i wish thier was more we could do to unite the sport. ive been bouncing an idea of a traveling pb park for some time now. even going to high schools and such.
APPA Player ID#9837 - CURRENT RANK: D3
FIRE IN THE HOLE!~ DP G4 APE RAMPAGE LED BOARD TECHT BOLT SP FULL FREAK W/ AA TIP ROTOR 77cu NINJA TANK DYE HYPER3 REG GO PRO W/ INCEPTION DESIGNS MOUNT(onT e c h P B@:: p8ntballer101 )
p8ntballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 AM #9
VESIUS

VESIUS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VESIUS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VESIUS has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VESIUS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If any of you listen to Mike from TPB, he said ramping was a big part in the decline of paintball.. I think it's true. You have these "good" kids with their Egos or even Axes ganking new players or scenario players just for the "lulz". And then on top of that some of them use ramping (Which is easy to tell as you hear Pop, pop, pop, POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP).

People are getting hurt for no reason. Your loosing people from your sport just because you want some ****s and giggles.

Last edited by VESIUS : 11-08-2012 at 05:27 PM.
VESIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 PM #10
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESIUS View Post
If any of you listen to Mike for TPB, he said ramping was a big part in the decline of paintball.. I think it's true. You have these "good" kids with their Egos or even Axes ganking new players or scenario players just for the "lulz". And then on top of that some of them use ramping (Which is easy to tell as you hear Pop, pop, pop, POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP).

People are getting hurt for no reason. Your loosing people from your sport just because you want some ****s and giggles.
In that regard, I don't think ramping is much worse for paintball than any other marker that can shoot fast with relative ease. I don't think those new players are going to care whether all those paintballs coming their direction are coming from a ramping gun or from a semi with a really light and possible bouncy trigger.
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 PM #11
VESIUS

VESIUS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VESIUS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VESIUS has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VESIUS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
In that regard, I don't think ramping is much worse for paintball than any other marker that can shoot fast with relative ease. I don't think those new players are going to care whether all those paintballs coming their direction are coming from a ramping gun or from a semi with a really light and possible bouncy trigger.
A lot of people suck with trigger control though.. They'll keep ramping no matter what. Atleast with Semi each ball you hit someone you fired yourself.
VESIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:09 AM #12
rsion4191

rsion4191 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been trying to get a lot of my friends to come out with me as we don't really hang out as much since we're all out of highschool & busy with college & work & stuff. But, it seems like they don't wanna get hit. Others say it's kind of expensive. Idk how to get around that.
rsion4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM #13
RileyHef
typical weekend warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsion4191 View Post
Others say it's kind of expensive. Idk how to get around that.
I have the same problem when recruiting friends. I let them use my backup marker to avoid rental costs and we always split paint, but they still tell me it's too expensive...Paintball will decline as long as the economy stays down, I guess there's no real way of avoiding it.
RileyHef is offline   Reply With Quote