PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 AM #1240
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

Oh god...

FOOL- Speaking of gun control I need to call you about a gun. Looking for a good shop around here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM #1241
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
Spyderdome keeps taking my toys
So you never ate sushi? what kind of a scandinavian hill-billy are you?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM #1242
Spyderdome
Resurgence

has been a member for 10 years
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Spyderdome is Legendary
Spyderdome is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Spyderdome keeps taking my toys
Ha! This has all been a ploy to get candy from the other side of the world. I know, I'm an evil genius. Look for me staring as the next bond villan.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 AM #1243
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
Well there is no candy in the first box, you only said norwegian!!
So 5'9, blonde and busty.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 AM #1244
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderdome View Post
We don't need more gun control. We need less crazy people. If crazy peolpe want to kill you, they are going to kill you. I'd much rather be killed with a gun than a hatchet.
Fact.

I don't get why people think laws against guns would stop murder. Laws against murder don't stop murder, and people will use pointy sticks if they have no other choice, just like they did thousands of years ago. Ever heard of a prison shank?

Admittedly, you aren't likely to walk into a building full of people with a pointy stick and do as much damage as an AR15. But remember thousands of people lost their lives because of a few evil men with box cutters.

Politicians make laws to satisfy the people who elect them. That's all it's about.

Also, penguins
Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 AM #1245
Scatlm
equilibrium

It's worth mentioning that there are (approx.) 3 guns for every person in the US --the supply is VAST. And as we all know, criminals use straw purchasers and other means of acquiring guns illegally. So even if there was an assault weapon ban, it would not affect criminals in any way ---we're the oens who get ****ed.

With that said, I am for background checks, even at gun-shows, however, I am against keeping a database of gun owners, whether it'd be a Federal or State-run database ---that in-itself is unconstitutional.

Last edited by Scatlm : 01-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 AM #1246
Spyderdome
Resurgence

Spyderdome is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Also, penguins
This can only mean one thing. Ovechkin? Ravens and Capitals? We are now offically arch enemies!

In all serious though, as much as I dislike the Ravens, I really hope they win the Super Bowl and Ray Lewis gets his. I remember back in '06 when the Steelers won and Bettis got to retire as a winner.

Like him or not, Ray Lewis deserves that for his sheer commitment for the dedication to his team and that city
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM #1247
Spyderdome
Resurgence

Spyderdome is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatlm View Post
It worth mentioning that there are (approx.) 3 guns for every person in the US --the supply is VAST. And as we all know, criminals use straw purchasers and other means of acquiring guns illegally. So even if there was an assault weapon ban, it would not affect criminals in any way
Exactly! I don't understand why people forget criminals don't obey laws.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 AM #1248
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
Are people doing the killing sprees criminals prior to their actions?
Thus affecting how they got weapons to go on a spree.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 AM #1249
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderdome View Post
This can only mean one thing. Ovechkin? Ravens and Capitals? We are now offically arch enemies!

In all serious though, as much as I dislike the Ravens, I really hope they win the Super Bowl and Ray Lewis gets his. I remember back in '06 when the Steelers won and Bettis got to retire as a winner.

Like him or not, Ray Lewis deserves that for his sheer commitment for the dedication to his team and that city
Ravens, Caps, Nats. Orioles too, but I haven't been to an Orioles game since I was a kid. Metro station is 5 minutes from my house to get to a Nats game.

And you couldn't write this Ravens season any better. All the injuries, Torrey's big game after his brother died, struggling at the end of the season but coming back healthy for the playoffs, beat Peyton and heavily favored Broncos, beat Brady and heavily favored Patriots/redemption for last season's AFC championship, Harbaugh bowl/Ray's retirement party in New Orleans.

Ray Lewis has devloped super powers. Hasn't had any real big games or plays since coming back, saving that for the end, needs another super bowl MVP.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 AM #1250
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
Are people doing the killing sprees criminals prior to their actions?
Thus affecting how they got weapons to go on a spree.

No, the point is that a deranged person with enough determination and criminal intent will find a way of acquiring a weapon by any means necessary --the supply is THAT vast.

By disarming the law-abiding citizenry, you are leaving the populace at the mercy of criminals... and while the economy continues to struggle, and more and more people fall into poverty, crime rates will rise, naturally.

Also, I have to encourage people to understand why the Founding Fathers implemented the 2nd Amendment to begin with -- to protect yourself and the citizenry from an over-reaching and tyrannical government. If there was ever a time to own a firearm...I think that time is NOW ...its probably THE most important time since 1775.

Also, more gun-control would have a detrimental effect on the eternal libertarian principles we hold dear (i.e. self-governance,) thus giving criminals more confidence that they can get away with a violent crime.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM #1251
Scatlm
equilibrium

But thats what it is afterall, its the epic struggle between two schools of thought.. one who believes in the Constitution of the United States, in individualism, self-governance, etc... the other believes in a single global governing body which will potentially invite the next holocaust --you choose.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM #1252
FOOL
N.O. Bounty

Annual Supporting Member
FOOL is a founding member
FOOL plays in the PSP
FOOL posts videos on PbNation
FOOL plays in the APPA D4 division
Gw call me later ill let u know where to go to get discounts

Macdev Militia
Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM #1253
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

K- Looking at a Springfield 1911 OR an XD .45ACP I have found both for about 600 already but thats online so I cant hold them or see them prior to purchase sadly.

I would also like the shops insights with out them trying to get me to buy something else (Like a car dealer) Just want an honest opinion from a dealer.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 AM #1254
Scatlm
equilibrium

If its for the range and home-defense, they would both be excellent choices and the best bang for you buck in the $600-700 range, however, if you plan to CC, I'd look into the XDM 4.5

I'd go as far as saying that those are the best two choices in the .45 ACP cartridge (and in that price range.)

I carried a G30SF (.45 ACP sub compact) for a while, until i got my G29SF and the XDM 4.5 ...the XDM is probably the most accurate compact .45 in the market, it rendered my G30 utterly useless.

Last edited by Scatlm : 01-24-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 AM #1255
FOOL
N.O. Bounty

Annual Supporting Member
FOOL plays in the PSP
The place I go is 400 for any glock ... cant beat the price ... I had xdm I got from a gun show 650 .. but idk if u would get a discount at the othdr place in baton rouge

Macdev Militia
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM #1256
FOOL
N.O. Bounty

Annual Supporting Member
FOOL plays in the PSP
Ya the springfiled 1911s are a litfle more tham the xdmS

Macdev Militia
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 AM #1257
TaggRat

TaggRat owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Speaking of gun laws they are a waste of time. A family member of mine is in Prison in Joliet, Il and he laughed at the gun laws. He's been in Prison for about 20 years now, part of that time was spent on death row with some fairly famous people, but he said he could walk out of prison today and within an hour have a gun in his hand that he purchased on the street. He still knows where to get them so don't think these gun laws will hurt anyone except those who follow the rules.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 AM #1258
Scatlm
equilibrium

A friend got a Kimber Desert Combat (1911) ... man, I was blown away. The gun shoots, feels, and looks SO RIGHT.

Price-wise they are UP THERE, though.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 AM #1259
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

Yeah it's for the range and home defense I'm going to be using Horandy Critical Defense Hollow points in it for the house. WAY less of a chance of it going through a wall and hurting someone unintended.

My stand point on home defense is that with a .45/hollow points (if I ever need to use it, and I hope not) that the guy will go to the morgue vice jail. I don't want a repeat offender. Rifles / Shotguns are out of the question for HD because I have a kid so a safe is a must. A standard safe will take too much time to get into. I already have my bio-metric picked out for the 45 (easy access).

The only thing I'm running in to is that while in the Navy we only shot the M9 (Beretta), M4A1 (AR-15 in a nut shell), M14, and the shotty. My knowledge is limited on anything else. <--- All of which I plan to buy in the near future.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM #1260
Scatlm
equilibrium

Yeah in the Marines and the Army they are issued the M9 as well. Its an excellent weapon, very accurate, intended for shot placement over muzzle velocity.

The Springfield line of tactical pistols (XDs) are very reliable and simple to learn... stripping/cleaning an 1911 takes a couple more steps. With that said, none are hard to learn. After you strip either a couple of times, you'll have the hang of it. But still, XDs are generally more reliable...I've put over 1500 rounds through mine...not ONE jam. For the range, I use cheap wal-mart ammo most of the time...so that tells you something. My 1911 requires a little more TLC...and it doesn't like cheap ammo.

Last edited by Scatlm : 01-24-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Closed Thread