PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-08-2012, 03:53 PM #1
sfleming

Putting NYC team together

I and a friend live in Manhattan and are looking to put a team together. It does not matter if you are new to the game or a seasoned vet.

We are looking for two things: people with their own gear and a commitment to practice and get better.

If you don't live in the city we don't care, we are going to be practicing off the island anyways.

If you are interested send me a message and we can talk about next steps.

*Players must be 18 or older

Stephen Fleming
stephenf28@gmail.com
sfleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 PM #2
DuckDownItsPaint

DuckDownItsPaint has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Any other details? Specific gear requirements, practice frequency, practice locations, etc.
DuckDownItsPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 AM #3
ProtoSkillz

Sounds like a good idea. Would definitely like to know more info
ProtoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:54 PM #4
sfleming

With regard to how often we would practice that is up to everyone. If it were up to me it would be every weekend but I realize that might not be realistic for some people. I think practicing at least twice a month is necessary.

With regard to gear all you need are the basics to play, a mask, a gun, a few pods and you should be good. Since this is open to people new to the sport a high end gun is not needed.
As for where to play I have been sticking to places close to the city you can get to by train/cab. Cousin Paintball in Staten Island is one via the ferry, there is place in Queens, and I also play with some guys in Newark. The place in Queens is fine but they shoot rubber balls...not as fun. Cousins is a bit more expensive but has more fields, lots of pp. The place in Newark I know is 35 a case and 10 for air, no co2 so it is about is cheap as it gets. There is a smaller crowd there but more of them are good. There are plenty of other places to play.

If we can find at least 5 people in the area to show up when it is time to play I think we should be fine. Someone emailed me from this post so right now there are 5 people in total.

If you guys have any other questions let me know. If you can play this Sunday also let me know.

Steve Fleming
sfleming28@gmail.com
Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 PM #5
DuckDownItsPaint

Potentially interested. Cousins is pricey. I'd rather make the trip all the way to Newark. Let me know when the details are more hammered out.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 AM #6
ProtoSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckDownItsPaint View Post
Potentially interested. Cousins is pricey. I'd rather make the trip all the way to Newark. Let me know when the details are more hammered out.
There are ways to make it cheaper
Old 09-11-2012, 11:13 AM #7
DuckDownItsPaint

Not going to shell out for a yearly membership if the Staten Island field is still crap (field, lazy refs, and cheaters). Riverhead is hella far for practice. That leaves LLP and the one you mentioned in Newark.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:33 PM #8
sfleming

The field I know of in Newark plays Sundays. I should know by Thursday if they are playing. Only reason they wouldn't would be is rain. Can you guys meetup Sunday?

Stephen Fleming
Stephenf28@gmail.com
Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 PM #9
ProtoSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckDownItsPaint View Post
Not going to shell out for a yearly membership if the Staten Island field is still crap (field, lazy refs, and cheaters). Riverhead is hella far for practice. That leaves LLP and the one you mentioned in Newark.
I wouldn't either. What i'm trying to say is this. Speedball games are fast. A case can be stretched over two outings.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:37 PM #10
ProtoSkillz

Im gonna try my best. Gotta get my car fixed but i might be able to do it.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:07 PM #11
sfleming

For the first meeting we can meetup for breakfast before hand and then take the PATH from there. Nobody needs to drive. PATH is 2 bucks each way and a 7 doller cab ride we can share. I don't have a car and I play every weekend. 35 bucks a case is so cheap you can shoot as much as you want. Plus the paint is better than anywhere I have been in the area. Regardless I will have more details for you guys Thursday but try and block off Sunday morning.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM #12
ProtoSkillz

the PATH is a pain in the arse for me. I would have to hop on the subway into the city lugging my gear so I rather drive. Let us know by Thursday and if you could get me the address to the spot in Newark that would be great.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:46 PM #13
sfleming

If you want to drive that's your call, its not too far. Only thing that's going to stop us is weather. If everyone that has contacted me can come for the first meeting that makes 5 of us. I would post the address but wanna make sure its cool with the guy running things b/c its a semi-private field. If need be I will just message you all the address and my cell.

Hope to see you all on Sunday and will contact everyone Thursday. If you have questions before then have at it. I will respond as I see them.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:10 PM #14
dropndestroy213

dropndestroy213 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dropndestroy213 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
dropndestroy213 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dropndestroy213 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im about 50% sure ill b able to make it
Ruben
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 PM #15
DuckDownItsPaint

Going to Skirmish on Saturday. Will probably be dead on Sunday from all the walking at skirmish.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:25 AM #16
ProtoSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfleming View Post
If you want to drive that's your call, its not too far. Only thing that's going to stop us is weather. If everyone that has contacted me can come for the first meeting that makes 5 of us. I would post the address but wanna make sure its cool with the guy running things b/c its a semi-private field. If need be I will just message you all the address and my cell.

Hope to see you all on Sunday and will contact everyone Thursday. If you have questions before then have at it. I will respond as I see them.
I emailed you with some questions the other day

What kind of paintball are you interested in? Speedball?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM #17
doochnikka™
Penguins

PM'd you!

Well **** you too System.

WTB Your Old Markers
doochnikka™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 PM #18
sfleming

cant get pb nation messages to work so here is my reply:

Hey I really don’t like practice balls but we it might make the most sense. I would however like to get everyone out on a field outside where balls break for the first outing. Its 35 a case, good paint, and 10 bucks for all day air. No Co2. The guys that go there are good for the most part. After that we can all sit down and see what places and times/days/work best for everyone. Sound good? Oh yeah bring you buddies, all are welcome.
Stephen Fleming
Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 PM #19
DuckDownItsPaint

If using reball then the one in LIC would make sense. Not much travel and facilities already set up.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:23 AM #20
PureVia
Alone & Hungry

PureVia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PureVia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PureVia is for the Gunfight
PureVia supports Pev's Paintball
if yall looking to get into speedball, you guys should go to Meadowlands paintball you can take a bus there from port authority and put your team name on they thread and theyll hook you up the price there is great and they just put down some new SOD grass to play on.

STORMRIDERS 329

DEFACING FOR: ABCPaintball Field, HKArmy, AVID, Empire
PureVia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 AM #21
DuckDownItsPaint

Yeah, but isn't the wait time for Meadowlands pretty high because of all the teams practicing there?
ReplyRegional Ups