Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 PM #1
Bounty1st

Over-Run Paintballs for Field Paint

Hey. We are debating whether we want to start an indoor/outdoor paintball business and we are trying to price EVERYTHING out before we even start. We want to have cheap but good quality paint for our players to use. Right now we are looking at the over-runs at Alpha Sports(paintballnetting.com). It's a good price for a full skid, and since it is over-runs the quality should be fine, right? I wanted to know if this website is reliable, whether over-runs are a good choice, and if you guys knew of any better paint deals?
Thanks in Advance
-Josh
Bounty1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2013, 12:28 PM #2
GatSplat

So, a few things here.... If you are serious about an indoor paintball business, you are looking at an investment in the 100's of thousands of dollars... whether or not you save a few bucks on a case of paint is pretty insignificant in the scheme of things. Your paint is not your main priority now. And no, you don't want over-runs... The secret of any business is consistent quality. You don't want something left over from someone this week, something else then next, and still different stuff the week after that.

Get the rest of your business together, then buy from a vendor that can deliver consistent quality product that fits the needs of your venue.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM #3
robdavy
Field Owner

Second what Larry said. Simply call the big paint manufactures direct and get dealer pricing. Ignore any price you're finding online; if you're a real business you won't be paying those prices.
robdavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:08 PM #4
coyote5987

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
KEE
GI
Valken

use one of those for the field paint and my suggestion is to not use the bottom paint they offer....buy a better ball for your field paint.....
coyote5987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:11 PM #5
coyote5987

Annual Supporting Member
I can be of no help on an indoor field. However, my outdoor field opens in 6 weeks and I can answer any question about start up exspenses and what products u ha e to consider
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM #6
Splatterpark
#1 destination in the USA

Splatterpark is a founding member
Splatterpark is an Ultimate field/store owner
Splatterpark posts videos on PbNation
"over runs" or "seconds" aren't made by demand. don't bank on them.
Splatterpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 PM #7
AlphaSportsPB
Alpha Sports Inc.

AlphaSportsPB works for a Paintball manufacturer
As an Alpha Sports rep I would not recommend you start with Over-Runs or Seconds as your field paint. The guys above are correct, while Over-Runs are a first run paint you never know what paint your getting, so quality can vary greatly. Seconds paint will have one or more defects.

Paint quality can be the difference in a customer never returning or bringing back 4 or 5 of his/her friends. Larry is right, consistancy is key. Give me a call and I will be glad to go over some of our best sellers. We have a great line up of solid quality paints that show a great return for fields.

Lee 888-729-1115 ex 701
Old 06-19-2013, 11:52 PM #8
ArchAngelIon
2/3rds a Lawyer

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Lots of negative comments regarding over-runs, allow me to highlight the positive side of things.

Sometimes a 10$ price difference in a case of paint can be the point of decision in making it to the field or not. You definitely want to attract players to your venue, and a lower price combined with great service will do it. Once the player has chosen to play at your field they will buy gear, air, snacks, ect. As the rep pointed out, these are not seconds so you shouldn't have issues with broken paint or paint breaking in guns.

You can offer a few different entry+paint packages like many successful fields do, and undercutting their prices via offering this paint is a solid business strategy.

Now, I'm not saying that you should only offer overrun paint but rather create a paint menu of 2-3 different balls. Make sure you let your customers know that if they are having accuracy problems they should consider upgrading to a premium or mid-range ball.

-AAI

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777

Last edited by ArchAngelIon : 06-19-2013 at 11:54 PM.
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:31 AM #9
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
Make sure you let your customers know that if they are having accuracy problems they should consider upgrading to a premium or mid-range ball.

-AAI
But it's too late at that point. The customer has already spent their money on these paintballs and the bad taste is in their mouth. Or do you suggest the field owner should take the open bags/boxes back and give the customer their money back so they can then buy the upgraded paint?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM #10
coyote5987

Annual Supporting Member
Let the "bargain shoppers" play somewhere else. Offer a great product and service and be the high end place. And if u offer a cheap ball some will use it and not be happy. If u don't offer a Lowend ball to begin with then u have already eliminated some "negative" experiences that would have occurred if u have a "budget ball"
Old 06-21-2013, 10:42 PM #11
Buckshots Paint

Yeah. Nothing like getting some left over winter formula during the heat of summer
Aim for Perfection... 2 Cor. 13:11

Buckshots Paintball
Calera, Ok
(580)434-2112
www.buckshots68.com
Buckshots Paint is offline   Reply With Quote