Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 AM #1
Edmond

Spyder Victor (2005) into a pump?

Wondering if it's possible and has anyone actually successfully done it? Might be a stupid question but it's been in the shed gathering dust.
Edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2013, 03:30 AM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
yeah do a quick search and you'll find a few guides on How to vikingshadow has one of the cleanest designs. However as long as its mechanical parts work it can look anyway you'd like.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:48 AM #3
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
Wondering if it's possible and has anyone actually successfully done it? Might be a stupid question but it's been in the shed gathering dust.
It wouldn't be too hard to make a spump. I've spent about the last year working on and playing with my 2k3 Spyder Xtra Spump. It's a lot of fun, but learn from me and decided how nice and functional you want it to be before you start building, otherwise you'll keep adjusting and spend more money (tried to skimp on a pump kit, ended up going through about 5-6 pump arms and homemade handles before I bought a Trilogy pump kit).

Creating a Spump is a fairly simple mod. There are two ways of overall designs in creating your spump. You can go with either an open bolt design or a closed bolt design.

Open bolt - Bolt and hammer remain connected. Fires the same as a normal unmodified spyder without recocking (air doesn't blow back the hammer to recock it). Retains the use of the marker's detents. Unfortunately, this usually results in the pump arm and handle move forward when fired (creates quite a bit of inconsistency).

Closed bolt - Bolt and hammer are independent of one another. Bolt is connected to the pump handle & pump arm. Fired when the bolt is completely forward sealing the breech. Disables the marker's detents. A bit more work involved to separate the bolt & hammer (some create a half-bolt pin where both the striker and bolt have half of a bolt pin that push on each other. Most just slot the striker)

Using your spyder victor would make it slightly easier since you have easy access to the bolt without having to half-back or slot the body.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 PM #5
Edmond

Thanks for the replies, looked into it and seemed to be much harder than I thought.
Edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 AM #6
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
In my opinion, I believe that the hardest part of the entire build is deciding what you want to do with your marker. Next up is slotting the striker. The valve pin is easy to modify. You just rough it up, fill the slots with jb weld and then smooth it out with sand paper until it fits perfectly in the rear of the valve.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote