Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Has racist attitudes grown in the past 4 years?
Yes, it's gotten worse from both blacks and whites. 9 34.62%
Yes, it's just the same as it's always been, but people are more vocal now. 4 15.38%
No, it's the same as always. 4 15.38%
No, it's better than ever. 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2012, 10:19 AM #64
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
What about us spics? How come we always have to miss out on the racial hatred polls?
You have light skin, but can dance. Nobody is sure where to place Cubans.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 AM #65
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
As I pointed out, the problem really doesn't come from race, but the fact that people no longer want to be "americans". They want to be "african-americans" or "mexican-americans" or what have you. They want to cling to their "culture" and not intigrate into the culture that has formed in the US over the last 200 years.
Does that include the white supremacists?
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM #66
Iamamartianchurch

Race was traditionally understood as being far less broad. The Norman Race, Germanic etc etc. Plenty of sub groups hate each other, have enslaved each other and still have animosity towards each other that only goes away when people are distracted by easy access to shiny things. Economies tank and old feuds come back. People make a bigger issue out of this topic than it is worth. Far too big.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM #67
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Does that include the white supremacists?
Very much so, they have missed the whole point of what this country is about. They put pride in their "race" over pride in the country as a whole. The man next to you, shouldnt be white/black/mexican/etc... he should be a fellow american and thats all that matters.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 AM #68
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Unless they are religious. Then they all need to be shot, right overbear?

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:39 AM #69
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Race baiting, then starting a race war? Come on you are smarter than this
Actually Gonzo began it. I called him out on it.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM #70
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Rise of nationalism in the U.S. a good thing?

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM #71
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
Depends on your point of view. Such a thing would solve issues of racial tension.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:58 PM #72
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
The white man keeps getting ****ed.
pballler2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM #73
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
The times when this country has been most productive, most progressive, and most driven, has been times when people have set aside their own views and worked together for a common goal. Example WW2.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM #74
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Nationalism is good in moderation. Extreme nationalism is very very bad. See Durkheims suicide typologies.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:16 PM #75
Frank101
legit legit legit

Frank101 is a Supporting Member
Frank101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frank101 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Frank101 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Again, you are arguing from emotion not science. You can not argue with DNA, all the rest is just social constructs. At the end of the day you (and I) are geneticly pre-disposed to being a little less in the IQ department than asians are.
That's not really something that can be casually linked to DNA predisposition. It's possible but probably has more to do with upbringing and test biases among other things. So goes nature v. nurture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
Look at black communities. Now look at white communities. Where would you rather live, and why? I'd take living in the white community because I like being able to leave my doors unlocked and not worrying about catching stray bullets from a drive by. The fact remains that white communities and white countries have less crime and are generally much more productive than communities and countries of color.
Ignore much of the history about why that is the case and policies that may attempt to help those communities have unintended or even reverse consequences. The Kennady's were bootleggers during prohibition and IIRC, still receive Royalties from some Scottish Distilleries. Now we have the war on drugs and various laws designed to be more damaging to minorities than whites. Something like Cocaine has a lesser punishment than crack typically because crack had become a cheaper version of the drug for poorer, often minority populations to afford.

That and the inherent racism in drug crime prosecution that disproportionately effects blacks over whites. Plus the Jim Crow laws, segregationist, court cases that ruled against blacks that have a more unique history in this country than say Italians or Irish Americans. True that often times the new waves of immigrants that we would consider white nowadays were considered non-white at the time of immigration waves. I'm not defending ****ty behavior and being a ****ty person, but much of human behavior is learned and not innate. You put a white kid in a poor community that relies on government and black markets, its be unlikely for him to be comparable to white suburbanites of two parent households who are financially better off and better educated.

And this whole discussion of pride in this thread is stupid and reminds me of George Carlin

It be stupid for white people nowadays to brag about an ancestor who discovered uses for electricity the same it would be for black people to brag about inventing peanut butter. No, asshat, you didn't have anything to do with those discoveries before you were even born. Get over yourself its like the stupid *** sport rivalries. Makes no sense to me.
"Originally posted by pokenose: We quit doing that secret Santa thing after the black guy got a bucket of fried chicken, watermelon jolly ranchers, a bottle of colt 45 and a cotton scented candle then someone else got a ball of that free twine you tie down your items with at ikea and a vibrator so you can go **** yourself if you didn't like the twine."

"Originally posted by AlphaNeo36:
Election fraud is perfectly acceptable when it intends to keep Ron Paul out of the White House."

Last edited by Frank101 : 10-29-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Frank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:25 PM #76
Iamamartianchurch

George Carlin misses the point of carrying the torch. Their contributions and work got you exactly where you are. Why people like him choose to view their lives as if they are living in a vacuum is beyond me. Though, I'm pretty sure ole George was Irish, last point of pride for them was killing Romans.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM #77
Umami
Paragon

Umami supports our troops
Quote:
As I pointed out, the problem really doesn't come from race, but the fact that people no longer want to be "americans". They want to be "african-americans" or "mexican-americans" or what have you. They want to cling to their "culture" and not intigrate into the culture that has formed in the US over the last 200 years.
DAMN IRISH CATHOLICS!

SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:35 PM #78
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Nationalism is good in moderation. Extreme nationalism is very very bad. See Durkheims suicide typologies.
That's oxymoronic. You either are a nationalist or you aren't. There aren't degrees.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM #79
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
That's oxymoronic. You either are a nationalist or you aren't. There aren't degrees.
Why? I think he was differing notions of what nationalistic means.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:49 PM #80
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Why? I think he was differing notions of what nationalistic means.
Who? The Frenchman or another poster?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 PM #81
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
DAMN IRISH CATHOLICS!
*Throws rock* Shut up, Protestant.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 PM #82
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Why? I think we have differing notions of what nationalistic means.**

Sorry about that.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 PM #83
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank101 View Post
That's not really something that can be casually linked to DNA predisposition. It's possible but probably has more to do with upbringing and test biases among other things. So goes nature v. nurture.

Ignore much of the history about why that is the case and policies that may attempt to help those communities have unintended or even reverse consequences. The Kennady's were bootleggers during prohibition and IIRC, still receive Royalties from some Scottish Distilleries. Now we have the war on drugs and various laws designed to be more damaging to minorities than whites. Something like Cocaine has a lesser punishment than crack typically because crack had become a cheaper version of the drug for poorer, often minority populations to afford.

That and the inherent racism in drug crime prosecution that disproportionately effects blacks over whites. Plus the Jim Crow laws, segregationist, court cases that ruled against blacks that have a more unique history in this country than say Italians or Irish Americans. True that often times the new waves of immigrants that we would consider white nowadays were considered non-white at the time of immigration waves. I'm not defending ****ty behavior and being a ****ty person, but much of human behavior is learned and not innate. You put a white kid in a poor community that relies on government and black markets, its be unlikely for him to be comparable to white suburbanites of two parent households who are financially better off and better educated.

And this whole discussion of pride in this thread is stupid and reminds me of George Carlin

It be stupid for white people nowadays to brag about an ancestor who discovered uses for electricity the same it would be for black people to brag about inventing peanut butter. No, asshat, you didn't have anything to do with those discoveries before you were even born. Get over yourself its like the stupid *** sport rivalries. Makes no sense to me.
Whites are responsible for the failed African continent along with the failed African population across the globe in every country they inhabit?

K.

Even my raging liberal former UC-Fresno world civ teacher said that European colonialism was the best thing that ever happened to Africa. But he was pretty ****ing cool too.

-Said nobody, ever.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:53 PM #84
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Why is a continent who doesn't follow in our Western ideals of progress deemed "failed"?