Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-29-2012, 04:13 PM #43
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Many employees don't have a choice in whether or not they are put into their union. Their dues are automatically deducted from their payroll.

The Koch brothers are in fact people, Ipkus.

Former SEIU Organizer admits he was "required" to do political work:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/29/fo...al-work-video/

Yeah, let's give those guy more power.

www.gunfacts.info

Last edited by Swerve22 : 10-29-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 PM #44
Eric the Fish

Koch Bros are donating thru companies they own lackwitt, with no transparency alla super pacs.
Eric the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:56 PM #45
Swerve22

Cry me the Rio Grande. Nice dodge on unions though.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 PM #46
Frank101
legit legit legit

Frank101 is a Supporting Member
Frank101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frank101 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Frank101 plays in the APPA D5 division
Workers have a vested interest in a union as they have a vested interest in the company they work for. If the company or corporation they work for is not profitable or needs to cut back they are out of a job which renders being part of a union for that company...well moot.
"Originally posted by pokenose: We quit doing that secret Santa thing after the black guy got a bucket of fried chicken, watermelon jolly ranchers, a bottle of colt 45 and a cotton scented candle then someone else got a ball of that free twine you tie down your items with at ikea and a vibrator so you can go **** yourself if you didn't like the twine."

"Originally posted by AlphaNeo36:
Election fraud is perfectly acceptable when it intends to keep Ron Paul out of the White House."
Frank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM #47
licence2kill
POOP

how the **** did you derive that from your explanation? that makes zero sense. the logic you presented makes the case that corporations don't need protection as their unionized workers will seek it for them.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 PM #48
licence2kill
POOP

and why the **** does the right talk about unions so much? last time i checked we had the lowest ****ing union density in the OECD at sub 10%.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:10 PM #49
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
how the **** did you derive that from your explanation? that makes zero sense. the logic you presented makes the case that corporations don't need protection as their unionized workers will seek it for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
and why the **** does the right talk about unions so much? last time i checked we had the lowest ****ing union density in the OECD at sub 10%.

Well of course because it's part of their memetics; whether it's true, relevant or significant never matters to them.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 PM #50
TheRedButton

TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Impressionable youth are easily swayed. This isn't a new type or style of advertisement. The target audience can't yet think for themselves, and this does a great job herding them. This is the equivalent of political happy meals, except this won't be banned in San Fran.
How old are you? When were you an impressionable youth? About the time that Reagan used the same line in a much less PC manner?

The worst thing about Americans as a people (aside from regularly taking things out of context) is we are so good at being short-sighted.

Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 PM #51
TheRedButton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Fish View Post
Hell, most of the American electorate doesn't think for itself. Didn't the right leaning Supreme court decide money is free speech? Thus the corporations and billionaires are now flooding the airwaves with their version of truthiness to sway the brain dead. I've been reading the blogs on this bit of a fluff ad. It amazes me how many uber conservatives turn into rabid venom spitting wign nuts when confronted with a confident woman who has no problems expressing her sexuality. sheesh.
Damn. You pretty much laid out why I'm ashamed to be in any way associated with conservatives these days.

Cory Persson Fan #1
Old 10-29-2012, 10:15 PM #52
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Hell, most of the American electorate doesn't think for itself. Didn't the right leaning Supreme court decide money is free speech? Thus the corporations and billionaires are now flooding the airwaves with their version of truthiness to sway the brain dead. I've been reading the blogs on this bit of a fluff ad. It amazes me how many uber conservatives turn into rabid venom spitting wign nuts when confronted with a confident woman who has no problems expressing her sexuality. sheesh.
Expressing her sexuality.....you mean being a harlot?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 PM #53
TheRedButton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Dude, where do you come up with this stuff?

Cory Persson Fan #1
Old 10-29-2012, 10:19 PM #54
Blake360

Quote:
It amazes me how many uber conservatives turn into rabid venom spitting wign nuts when confronted with a confident woman who has no problems expressing her sexuality. sheesh.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2015373.html

So that explains why most women are voting for Romney and not Obama. Clearly women care a lot less about abortion than you do, which is pretty weird since you're not a woman. As it turns out, sexual issues isn't the only thing women factor in when voting. I know, quite a shocker this must be for you.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 PM #55
Iamamartianchurch

Do you prefer trollop?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 PM #56
TheRedButton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2015373.html

So that explains why most women are voting for Romney and not Obama. Clearly women care a lot less about abortion than you do, which is pretty weird since you're not a woman. As it turns out, sexual issues isn't the only thing women factor in when voting. I know, quite a shocker this must be for you.
I would not call 47% (to 45%) "most women." Also, you neglected to note this part of the article, apparently:

Quote:
As the election nears, Romney has been playing down social issues and trying to project a more moderate stance on matters such as abortion in an effort to court female voters. The AP-GfK poll, taken Friday through Tuesday, shows Romney pulling even with Obama among women at 47-47 after lagging by 16 points among women a month earlier.

But now his campaign is grappling with the fallout from a comment by a Romney-endorsed Senate candidate in Indiana, who said that when a woman becomes pregnant during a rape "that's something God intended."

Romney quickly distanced himself from the remark by Republican Richard Mourdock.

But Obama was happy to keep the matter current, telling a crowd in Florida on Thursday: "As we saw again this week, I don't think any politician in Washington, most of whom are male, should be making health care decisions for women," Obama said. "Women can make those decisions themselves."

A renewed focus on social issues would be an unwelcome development for Romney: Among female likely voters, 55 percent say Obama would make the right decisions on women's issues, compared with 41 percent who think Romney would.
Fortunately for Romney and despite Mourdock's comments, the shift of the campaign conversation (thank largely in part to the most recent debate) has been towards the economy, where conservative women are much more likely to show support for Romney than on social issues, a point only exemplified in Romney's own campaign strategy and tactics.

The verbal jousting continues.

Quote:
Do you prefer trollop?
Good one.

Cory Persson Fan #1

Last edited by TheRedButton : 10-29-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 AM #57
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedButton View Post
How old are you? When were you an impressionable youth? About the time that Reagan used the same line in a much less PC manner?
Not that Reagan's comment has any relevance to mine, 29, and looking back I can see differences in rational thought and decision making capabilities before and after about 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedButton View Post
Damn. You pretty much laid out why I'm ashamed to be in any way associated with conservatives these days.
Just because a dog calls itself a cat, doesn't make it so. It is difficult to find conservatives in anything other than title these days.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 AM #58
custar

Quote:
Unions represent tens if not hundreds of thousands of people.
That is the same rationale for granting limited personhood status to corporations. Corporations are organizations of people, and those people should not be deprived of their constitutional rights when they act collectively.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:39 AM #59
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
That is the same rationale for granting limited personhood status to corporations. Corporations are organizations of people, and those people should not be deprived of their constitutional rights when they act collectively.

custar
The majority of corporations (and their politcal voice) in no way represent the organizaion as a whole; simply their administration.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:17 AM #60
Eric the Fish

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point.
Eric the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 AM #61
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
The majority of corporations (and their politcal voice) in no way represent the organizaion as a whole; simply their administration.
But Unions do?

Or is there a group that the unions don't represent?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 AM #62
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
But Unions do?
No, most don't.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 AM #63
Iamamartianchurch