PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 10-24-2012, 02:59 PM #1
PaintballDelivery
Pittsburgh PA

Arrow DYE 2013 Product Release! Tons of New Gear! Rotors, UL Jerseys Pants, C13, DAM, I4's

This post was previously a News Up advertisement and has since expired. The content of this post has been masked due to the expiration. If you would like to revive the contents of this post click here to add News Ups to this thread.

Last edited by PaintballDelivery : 10-26-2012 at 05:14 PM.
PaintballDelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM #2
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve supports DLX Technology
Wow I love the useful updates to the DM and I4s and Rotor and Pants and Jerseys! All these new functions are amazing! Thanks Apple!!! I mean dye.... totally meant dye.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:07 PM #3
PaintballDelivery
Pittsburgh PA

Ya not much other than patterns and the new UL Jerseys and Pants...

The DAM Paintball gun stole the SHOW!
PaintballDelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM #4
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
At least the DAM is competitively priced.
GLOCK 19
Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM #5
Pump #54

Pump #54 supports DLX Technology
Dye never really had my vote...But they have completely lost it...

It's sad when the cheapest piece of clothing is $99 USD...

Not buying anything Dye this year. Empire has high prices, but geez..

I agree with the Apple statement above...

I'd like to add that Paintball isn't a bar and it doesn't need 900% markup.. A rotor probably cost $20 to make.

EDIT: IF YOUR NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING BUT THE COLOR.... AT LEAST RELEASE IT AT MARKET VALUE.....

Last edited by Pump #54 : 10-24-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Pump #54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:28 PM #6
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
As expensive as they are, those Ultralite jerseys are pretty sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
Wow I love the useful updates to the DM and I4s and Rotor and Pants and Jerseys! All these new functions are amazing! Thanks Apple!!! I mean dye.... totally meant dye.
I4s: Why make a new mask? V Force has been using Grillz and Profilers for a while now. No problem with just making new colors.

Rotor: It's a good loader that doesn't need much improvement. Can't expect a brand new loader each year.

Pants and Jerseys: Dye has 2 options here... Keep the C12 gear as is for 2013 and charge $xx.xx brand new, or at least change the look and keep that same price. I see nothing wrong here.

The DM13: Dye is going to charge ~$1200 for any latest DM they ever release, whether they release a new one or keep the one from the previous year. The way I see it, it has updated milling at the very least. AND they released what looks to be the best scenario-based marker out there.

Maybe they should have called it the DM12.2 to not get hated on as much. Then again, a name is just a name, right?
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM #7
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
Wow dye is really coasting now huh... The rotor definitely needs an update if it wants to compete with the spire. I don't mean looks, I mean it's internal functionality. You can't even buy SEED kits for the rotors anymore :/

I love my rotor, but only because I have a SEED kit in it. I will be buying a spire next seeing as dye didn't feel the need to improve their rotor.
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:48 PM #8
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
Or just not release a new marker every year just for the sake of releasing a new marker every year?
GLOCK 19
Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM #9
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Why be mad? You're certainly not buying one, so chill.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:53 PM #10
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib plays in the APPA D4 division
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Legendary
Nomahsib is Boss
Nomahsib supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFace View Post
Wow dye is really coasting now huh... The rotor definitely needs an update if it wants to compete with the spire. I don't mean looks, I mean it's internal functionality. You can't even buy SEED kits for the rotors anymore :/

I love my rotor, but only because I have a SEED kit in it. I will be buying a spire next seeing as dye didn't feel the need to improve their rotor.
What more do you want from a hopper? Honestly, if it feeds without jamming and keeps up with your marker then it is a good hopper. It's not like Rotors ever break.

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM #11
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomahsib

What more do you want from a hopper? Honestly, if it feeds without jamming and keeps up with your marker then it is a good hopper. It's not like Rotors ever break.
The rotor does jam...I wouldn't have purchased the seed kit if it didn't have a jamming problem. The z2 and spire loaders are proof that there is more you can get out of your loader.
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:08 PM #12
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89 View Post
Why be mad? You're certainly not buying one, so chill.
Most of my gear is by Dye, I would just like to see something more original this year. The designs were a step back this year. Empire did a better job.

Their good release was the DAM clearly, and its about $400 too much to really sell well.
GLOCK 19
Old 10-24-2012, 04:12 PM #13
hateyou
Why do you wanna?????

has been a member for 10 years
hateyou plays in the PSP
hateyou plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomahsib View Post
Must be either kidding or delusional. Rotors jam like Smuckers bro. That is a fact. And don't try telling me its bad paint. Since when is 3* bad paint. Never. Dye should really reconsider the yearly release. It's ridiculous. Resale killers.
hateyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:19 PM #14
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
Dye isn't in the resale market. They don't care and rightfully so.
GLOCK 19
Old 10-24-2012, 04:26 PM #15
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Wow I love the useful updates to the DM and I4s and Rotor and Pants and Jerseys! All these new functions are amazing!
Nobody is forcing you to buy a new gun or mask or jersey every year, and if you are doing that anyway, then you are an idiot. Why does the gun need to be significantly different just because it is the yearly model? When you grow up and buy a car, you'll find that they generally stay the same for about 6-8 model years in order to recoup on development costs. The same principle applies here. If Dye sunk money into having "THE NEXT BIG THING!!!!!" every year, they would end up bankrupting themselves.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:33 PM #16
*Daylight*

*Daylight* plays in the PSP
*Daylight* plays in the MiLP
*Daylight* owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
*Daylight* plays in the APPA D3 division
How is the ul gear more expensive than the c series???
*Daylight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM #17
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Daylight* View Post
How is the ul gear more expensive than the c series???
I'm more interested in who told them that a UL jersey was necessary. I've never met someone who told me "Yeah, my Dye jersey is just way too heavy for my frail little body."
Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM #18
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
Nobody is forcing you to buy a new gun or mask or jersey every year, and if you are doing that anyway, then you are an idiot. Why does the gun need to be significantly different just because it is the yearly model? When you grow up and buy a car, you'll find that they generally stay the same for about 6-8 model years in order to recoup on development costs. The same principle applies here. If Dye sunk money into having "THE NEXT BIG THING!!!!!" every year, they would end up bankrupting themselves.
I've been driving for 12 years, thanks for your input though. Show me a car company that continues to re-release the same car with no updates each year and I'll show you a company that recently filed for bankruptcy.

When it comes to cars - you better change the body, increase the efficiency, increase the power or you're going to look at really low sales numbers and your competition putting you out of business.

If you read what I said then you'd know there is no purpose in releasing the same marker every year.
GLOCK 19

Last edited by phillysteve : 10-24-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 PM #19
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I've been driving for 12 years, thanks for your input though. If you read what I said then you'd know there is no purpose in releasing the same marker every year.
I just told you the purpose. Significantly refining a gun takes a good deal of money. By making minor changes from year to year, Dye can continue selling new guns and yield a greater profit off the same basic design.

A yearly redesign also allows them to recover from mistakes quicker. If a new trigger design is universally hated, you can remove it for the next release. If your design team is brain dead and decides to put gaping holes in the side of the gun, you can remove them (or just make them smaller ) the next year.

There is also some psychology involved. People don't want to be paying retail price for a gun that was designed three years ago, especially with the thriving resale market that paintball has.

Quote:
When it comes to cars - you better change the body
Yes, they already do this, it's called milling.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:28 PM #20
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

"Sniper configuration"

SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:49 PM #21
*Daylight*

*Daylight* plays in the PSP
*Daylight* plays in the MiLP
*Daylight* owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
*Daylight* plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
I'm more interested in who told them that a UL jersey was necessary. I've never met someone who told me "Yeah, my Dye jersey is just way too heavy for my frail little body."
Very true lol. It would seem like less padding would mean less money like every other company, dye is shooting down the ul line before takeoff with that move.
*Daylight* is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.