Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2012, 11:05 PM #64
Baccummba

Damn it's windy up there Lol good video man. Only criticism would be conclude the video with a clips from each bolt one after another so that he may be easier to compare. Otherwise good video; good equipment(tripods), you kept everything constant, and seems like you only used one hoppers worth of paint so we know the paint was also the same for each test

Since the noise is what's being tested maybe using reball inside some place would be a good means to test sound signature?
Baccummba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2012, 11:39 PM #65
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccummba View Post
Damn it's windy up there Lol good video man. Only criticism would be conclude the video with a clips from each bolt one after another so that he may be easier to compare. Otherwise good video; good equipment(tripods), you kept everything constant, and seems like you only used one hoppers worth of paint so we know the paint was also the same for each test

Since the noise is what's being tested maybe using reball inside some place would be a good means to test sound signature?
Thanks bro! I really appreciate it The last 20 seconds or so has the sound comparison side by side. As for reballs, totally against them. Refuse to run reballs through my stuff...
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 PM #66
Baccummba

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post

Thanks bro! I really appreciate it The last 20 seconds or so has the sound comparison side by side. As for reballs, totally against them. Refuse to run reballs through my stuff...
No reball? Fine, paint your room then JK JK
Baccummba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:29 PM #67
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccummba View Post
No reball? Fine, paint your room then JK JK
I don't trust them, I worry they'll put fine scratches down the length of my barrels
Old 12-25-2012, 05:42 PM #68
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
I didn't consider this... I was going to try to get them as close as I can regarding bore, but I'll chrono after changing each barrel just to see any increase/decrease. I still don't think I should make any adjustments though..
It is quite important to chrono each barrel up to speed. A shorter back can decrease velocity quite a bit even with the same bore.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:59 PM #69
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
It is quite important to chrono each barrel up to speed. A shorter back can decrease velocity quite a bit even with the same bore.
I'll keep this in mind, also, pm'ing you regarding a tightstick set
Old 12-29-2012, 01:39 PM #70
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
I have a big test coming comparing three of the top barrels recommended. It will include indepth review on features, porting, weight, as well as tests regarding efficiency by chronographing each, and noise levels by using a decibel meter and video of each shooting cut back to back to compare yourself.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:23 PM #71
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
I have a big test coming comparing three of the top barrels recommended. It will include indepth review on features, porting, weight, as well as tests regarding efficiency by chronographing each, and noise levels by using a decibel meter and video of each shooting cut back to back to compare yourself.
Stoked to see it
Old 12-29-2012, 05:07 PM #72
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two

Killa Daddy Of Two is playing at Living Legends V
Killa Daddy Of Two owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Killa Daddy Of Two has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Killa Daddy Of Two is attending Decay of Nations VI
any chance the Lapco Fuse Kit can be used in the testing? Ive heard alot about it, and Ive heard lots of people clamoring about it. But to be quite honest, most of them have been from Team Desert Edge.

I have experience with the JJ edge Elite Kit, (pretty quite for a non composite barrel, and the price is a great value). I have experience with the DW Fibur barrels, (w freak inserts), and it is pretty quite. (Maybe a little bit quiter then the JJ Edge), and I have used the Sly Barrels, and they have been the quietest yet, but I didnt care for the Accuracy, and the backs are a total pain in the *** to change (and control bore is less then 3")
Killa Daddy Of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:36 PM #73
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Agreed. Thinner, harder material creates that snappy sound signature.
I disagree. I think the extra 'snap' is because the carbon fiber is less rigid than aluminium, so it flexes and will vibrate more with each shot.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM #74
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I disagree. I think the extra 'snap' is because the carbon fiber is less rigid than aluminium, so it flexes and will vibrate more with each shot.
Carbon fiber is more rigid than aluminum. It flexes far less, and which makes for the snappy sound.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM #75
Jinx18
Dynamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Daddy Of Two View Post
any chance the Lapco Fuse Kit can be used in the testing? Ive heard alot about it, and Ive heard lots of people clamoring about it. But to be quite honest, most of them have been from Team Desert Edge.
I will explain why I did not include it in my test. The short to the point answer is it is so similar to the Disruptive Deathtouch.

The long answer. Since it's so similar I wasn't going to buy both. I had to choose which one to buy and go with for my test. Here is how I analyzed both to make my choice on which to buy. You can look at what I did and decide which benefits are more important to you. Performance between the two should be very similar though.

Price:
Disruptive Deathtouch: $60 for a barrel
Lapco Fuse: $90 for a barrel
Winner: Disruptive Deathtouch

Weight:
Disruptive Deathtouch is supposed to be lighter

Porting:
Disruptive Deathtouch: More ports over a longer area. Spaced out well on the barrel. Three different size ports.
Lapco Fuse: Less ports. More concentrated on the tip.
Winner: Disruptive Deathtouch for sound (educated guess). Lapco Fuse for efficiency (educated guess). Generally that should be the outcome but there are other factors which could influence it. I personally am not to interested in efficiency so I think the Disruptive wins here as I like a quieter barrel.

Bore Length:
Disruptive Deathtouch: 8"
Lapco Fuse: 8.5"
Winner: Very similar but the Lapco does have slightly longer bore length which should help with efficiency. I do not like this but the reason is not because the bore is too long. It is because when the bore gets so long you start taking away from the tip length and what you can do with porting. This is why the Fuse has its porting even closer to the tip. Plus the disruptive is 15" long so it has even more porting since there is more length to work with.

Features:
Disruptive Deathtouch and Lapco Fuse: Pretty much identical in all respects.

Bore Sizes:
Disruptive Deathtouch: 0.688, 0.686, 0.682, 0.678, 0.676
Lapco Fuse: Made to fit inbetween the Shaft 4 sizes.
Winner: Preference on what sizes you like.

Quality:
Disruptive Deathtouch: Great Quality
Lapco Fuse: Much larger company known for amazing quality on barrels
Winner: Lapco Fuse

Overall Opinion:

Honestly very similar and I would summarize it like this.

Disruptive Deathtouch is 15" (or 13" but I am talking about 15"). Lots of ports spaced out down the legth of the tip, three different size ports. 8" control bore length with great quality. Overall should be slightly less efficient but quieter. Also much cheaper.

Lapco Fuse is 14". Ports concentrated closer to tip. 8.5" control bore length with amazing quality. Overall should be slightly more efficient but a little louder. Also much more expensive.

One seems to be tweaked more to efficiency, one tweaked more to quietness.

For me a cheaper, quieter, lighter barrel is a no brainer.

The backs are pretty much the same except for .5" length. The tips are where most differences are. Plus you can interchange tips and backs between Lapco Fuse, Disruptive Deathtouch and Shaft 4.

Here are the tips:

Gearbag Sale!!!!!

Last edited by Jinx18 : 12-30-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 PM #76
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Just in case anyone was wondering, this dude is legit.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:37 AM #77
Evil Rocky

Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I been wanting to get a disruptive barrel or a furious. That review helped. Might get the disruptive barrel now

I been using my macdev shift and my empire sniper kit that I put my other 2 favorite barrels away. UL and dark 15
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 AM #78
TeamBigShot (Banned)
WestCoastWings Inc.

does anyone know if they would make the disruptive for a angel g7 fly???
TeamBigShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 AM #79
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBigShot View Post
does anyone know if they would make the disruptive for a angel g7 fly???
I want to say the deathtouch is cocker only
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 PM #80
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Just in case anyone was wondering, this dude is legit.

I hope it touches your opponents
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:23 PM #81
Danger Dan
www.TeamDesertEdge.com

Danger Dan owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Danger Dan plays in the APPA beginner division
[quote=Jinx18;77642909]I will explain why I did not include it in my test. The short to the point answer is it is so similar to the Disruptive Deathtouch.

The long answer. Since it's so similar I wasn't going to buy both. I had to choose which one to buy and go with for my test. Here is how I analyzed both to make my choice on which to buy. You can look at what I did and decide which benefits are more important to you. Performance between the two should be very similar though.

Price:
Disruptive Deathtouch: $60 for a barrel
Lapco Fuse: $90 for a barrel

Weight:
Disruptive Deathtouch is supposed to be lighter

Porting:
Disruptive Deathtouch: More ports over a longer area. Spaced out well on the barrel. Three different size ports.
Lapco Fuse: Less ports. More concentrated on the tip.
Winner: Disruptive Deathtouch for sound (educated guess). Lapco Fuse for efficiency (educated guess). Generally that should be the outcome but there are other factors which could influence it. I personally am not to interested in efficiency so I think the Disruptive wins here as I like a quieter barrel.

Bore Length:
Disruptive Deathtouch: 8"
Lapco Fuse: 8.5"
Winner: Very similar but the Lapco does have slightly longer bore length which should help with efficiency. I do not like this but the reason is not because the bore is too long. It is because when the bore gets so long you start taking away from the tip length and what you can do with porting. This is why the Fuse has its porting even closer to the tip. Plus the disruptive is 15" long so it has even more porting since there is more length to work with.

Features:
Disruptive Deathtouch and Lapco Fuse: Pretty much identical in all respects.

Bore Sizes:
Disruptive Deathtouch: 0.688, 0.686, 0.682, 0.678, 0.676
Lapco Fuse: Made to fit inbetween the Shaft 4 sizes.
Winner: Preference on what sizes you like.

Quality:
Disruptive Deathtouch: Great Quality
Lapco Fuse: Much larger company known for amazing quality on barrels
Winner: Lapco Fuse

Overall Opinion:

Honestly very similar and I would summarize it like this.

Disruptive Deathtouch is 15" (or 13" but I am talking about 15"). Lots of ports spaced out down the legth of the tip, three different size ports. 8" control bore length with great quality. Overall should be slightly less efficient but quieter. Also much cheaper.

Lapco Fuse is 14". Ports concentrated closer to tip. 8.5" control bore length with amazing quality. Overall should be slightly more efficient but a little louder. Also much more expensive.

One seems to be tweaked more to efficiency, one tweaked more to quietness.

For me a cheaper, quieter, lighter barrel is a no brainer.

The backs are pretty much the same except for .5" length. The tips are where most differences are. Plus you can interchange tips and backs between Lapco Fuse, Disruptive Deathtouch and Shaft 4.

Here are the tips:

Thats a really good breakdown. I just wanted to add a couple things to this and help shed some light on the FUSE kit.

First the photo of the FUSE tip you have is the 12" tip so it has a lot less porting than the 14" or 16"

You also mention weight. The FUSE barrel was designed a little different than most with a slightly heaver tip to reduce barrel lift at high rates of fire. We gave up on weight for function.

Porting is our best balance between efficiency and sound. Porting to the tip for efficiency and porting spacing and size for sound.

Cost is a deceptive thing with barrels. Yes the FUSE is more but the grade of aluminum used is a much higher grade than most all of the barrels on the market. This costs more but worth the extra in my book. Lower grades of materials don't hold their finish or honing. That causes degrading of performance over time especially how a barrel cleans out. That is my #1 beef with CF barrels. They only have a finish on the resin used with the CF and the resin wont hold a finish very long.

We went through dozens of designs and did all we could do to make this barrel something special.

With all that sales pitch out of the way can I work out sending you a FUSE kit to compare and add to your video test. No obligation to say anything other than the truth.

PM me and lets see what we can work out.

FYI my post is extremely biased so take it with a grain of salt!!

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND WIN FREE SWAG!!

Last edited by Danger Dan : 01-03-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Danger Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 PM #82
ewagnerd9311

Annual Supporting Member
ewagnerd9311 posts videos on PbNation
ewagnerd9311 plays in the APPA beginner division
ewagnerd9311 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Please, take them up on the offer for the Fuse kit. I am so interested. I used to use a regular Disruptive 2-piece, and my brother still swears by his Furious, and I would like to see more results, especially with other barrels.

Last edited by ewagnerd9311 : 01-03-2013 at 10:54 PM.
ewagnerd9311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:08 PM #83
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewagnerd9311 View Post
Please, take them up on the offer for the Fuse kit. I am so interested. I used to use a regular Disruptive 2-piece, and my brother still swears by his Furious, and I would like to see more results, especially with other barrels.
I got my decibel meter in, but it's just too cold up here

Just got the tightstick, happy with it. Lapco makes really nice stuff but I'm still not sold on the Fuse kit.

Last edited by NJEmortal : 01-03-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:19 AM #84
Jinx18
Dynamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dan View Post
Thats a really good breakdown. I just wanted to add a couple things to this and help shed some light on the FUSE kit.

First the photo of the FUSE tip you have is the 12" tip so it has a lot less porting than the 14" or 16"

You also mention weight. The FUSE barrel was designed a little different than most with a slightly heaver tip to reduce barrel lift at high rates of fire. We gave up on weight for function.

Porting is our best balance between efficiency and sound. Porting to the tip for efficiency and porting spacing and size for sound.

Cost is a deceptive thing with barrels. Yes the FUSE is more but the grade of aluminum used is a much higher grade than most all of the barrels on the market. This costs more but worth the extra in my book. Lower grades of materials don't hold their finish or honing. That causes degrading of performance over time especially how a barrel cleans out. That is my #1 beef with CF barrels. They only have a finish on the resin used with the CF and the resin wont hold a finish very long.

We went through dozens of designs and did all we could do to make this barrel something special.

With all that sales pitch out of the way can I work out sending you a FUSE kit to compare and add to your video test. No obligation to say anything other than the truth.

PM me and lets see what we can work out.

FYI my post is extremely biased so take it with a grain of salt!!
Thank you for the detailed reply. It is great to hear from someone involved with the design of the barrel who can give the reason for why things are the way they are. I do agree that the quality of the barrel is not something to cheap out on and is very important. As I have looked over the current barrels I have the quality of the Dye (and I am sure the LAPCO) have is worth the price.

Also I did send you a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewagnerd9311 View Post

Gearbag Sale!!!!!