Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM #505
Word?
Bring back 10man

Word? is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFace View Post
I'm gonna ignore the fact that you still don't truly get what we are saying and ask you this..

Why do you think they chose the name Dura instead of Matte?
I don't know, and neither do you. It's a name choice, and nothing else.

LOLWUT
Word? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM #506
B BoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word? View Post
I don't know, and neither do you. It's a name choice, and nothing else.

Kick rocks and leave, pleaseee.
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
B BoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:08 PM #507
Word?
Bring back 10man

Quote:
Originally Posted by B BoP View Post

Kick rocks and leave, pleaseee.
No, spell it out for me I'd love to hear the diabolical truth about why they chose the name dura.

LOLWUT
Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 PM #508
B BoP

Quote:
I'm not sure if you're just that stupid or trolling. Please leave.
Same, I thought he was trolling with the initial post but he keeps going. I'm just not feeding it anymore.
Virtue Paintball
|O'HARE Paintball Park |
B BoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM #509
dapoofyhairdude
http://goo.gl/W9DoA

Annual Supporting Member
dapoofyhairdude is a Supporting Member
dapoofyhairdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Made from the same durable coating used on baseball and softball bats, these bottles come in a nice, durable "matte" finish
That's from their website. Now I know that "durable" can be relative, but it should be relative to paintball if anything, and it sounds like these finishes are not "durable".
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM #510
Word?
Bring back 10man

Quote:
I'm not sure if you're just that stupid or trolling. Please leave.
Cmon tell me. Why did they choose the name dura? I could learn something, I'm stupid....remember?

LOLWUT
Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM #511
georgek

georgek is playing at Living Legends VI
georgek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cause that is the name of this coating..
it is called duracoat.. just search it on google.. it is also used on engines and lots of other things.. why call it smt else???
georgek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 PM #512
Word?
Bring back 10man

Oh, so the durable coating in the description is where they got the name. And because it chipped on some first run tanks it should be changed to reflect that.

Still sounds like a ridiculous proposal.

Because at heart, it sounds like you're hinting at false advertising. And that's the base of my argument.

LOLWUT

Last edited by Word? : 02-20-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:37 PM #513
TheFlyingDharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
In fact, you could take an aluminum core with the fibers wrapped around it, not put any type of coating over the fibers, and you can safely use it as it is.
Maybe a dumb question, but is there a difference then between fibre-wrapped tanks that have not been coated (such as in your example) and fibre-wrapped tanks whose coating has chipped away exposing the fibre? All the advice I've read says that exposed fibre is a very bad thing and it's made me perhaps a little overly conscious about babying my tank. Can I stop worrying about nicking the tank every time I dive on gravely rec fields?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:39 PM #514
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
Yes they chose it because they knew it would be another "feature" that would aid in the sale of more tanks. In reality its a cosmetic coating with a misleading name that enables consumers to potentially believe it is a durable coating that will add more protection to their tank. In reality its not a durable coating, it is simply a cosmetic coating as stated by Ninja.

Im done with this, if you still dont get it thats your problem.
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:39 PM #515
dapoofyhairdude

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingDharma View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but is there a difference then between fibre-wrapped tanks that have not been coated (such as in your example) and fibre-wrapped tanks whose coating has chipped away exposing the fibre? All the advice I've read says that exposed fibre is a very bad thing and it's made me perhaps a little overly conscious about babying my tank. Can I stop worrying about nicking the tank every time I dive on gravely rec fields?
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I'll treat it as a real question. I believe if you've exposed the fiber, it's possible you've compromised the epoxy holding the fibers together. That's bad.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM #516
Word?
Bring back 10man

Quote:
Yes they chose it because they knew it would be another "feature" that would aid in the sale of more tanks. In reality its a cosmetic coating with a misleading name that enables consumers to potentially believe it is a durable coating that will add more protection to their tank. In reality its not a durable coating, it is simply a cosmetic coating as stated by Ninja.

Im done with this, if you still dont get it thats your problem.
Whoa, so wait

I was an idiot because I didn't truly know what you were talking about, yet this is what you believe?

Quote:
it is a durable coating that will add more protection to their tank.
You're making a lot of assumptions on Ninja's behalf, like it's some illuminati conspiracy....Take some of your own advice.

LOLWUT

Last edited by Word? : 02-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM #517
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word? View Post
Whoa, so wait

I was an idiot because I didn't truly know what you were talking about, yet this is what you believe?

You're making a lot of assumptions on Ninja's behalf. Take some of your own advice.
jesus christ i am absolutely done after this, can you not read the entire thing?

"In reality its a cosmetic coating with a misleading name that enables consumers to potentially believe it is a durable coating that will add more protection to their tank."

I have already given examples of people thinking that the coating was in fact a durable coating... And sure I will take my advice, in that when I create a product.. I wont use a misleading name that might give consumers the wrong ideas about that given product.

Last edited by BabyFace : 02-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM #518
Word?
Bring back 10man

Quote:
jesus christ i am absolutely done after this, can you not read the entire thing?

"In reality its a cosmetic coating with a misleading name that enables consumers to potentially believe it is a durable coating that will add more protection to their tank."

I have already given examples of people thinking that the coating was in fact a durable coating... And sure I will take my advice, in that when I create a product.. I wont use a misleading name that might give consumers the wrong ideas about that given product.
You got me.

LOLWUT
Old 02-20-2013, 03:08 PM #519
TheFlyingDharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapoofyhairdude View Post
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I'll treat it as a real question. I believe if you've exposed the fiber, it's possible you've compromised the epoxy holding the fibers together. That's bad.
No sarcasm intended, but I'm fairly new to paintball so I apologize if it sounded stupid. Like I said, all the advice I've read is consistent with what you just said, which makes it very inconsistent with this (if I'm understanding Rob properly):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Nope, not at all. Again, the coating on paintball cylinders are cosmetic. That means that they do not affect the safety or performance of your air system.

In fact, you could take an aluminum core with the fibers wrapped around it, not put any type of coating over the fibers, and you can safely use it as it is.

Btw, we're a certified Hydro facility for the DOT and TC. The information i'm giving you is 100% accurate.
Does this mean I'm being overly cautious with my tank or is there some distinction between "bottles without any type of coating over the fibers which can be safely used" and nicks on my bottle that's already got a coating over the fibers? By "any type of coating" is he saying "any type of coating on top of the glossy finish (epoxy?)"? Serious question, not trying to be pedantic.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM #520
dapoofyhairdude

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingDharma View Post
No sarcasm intended, but I'm fairly new to paintball so I apologize if it sounded stupid. Like I said, all the advice I've read is consistent with what you just said, which makes it very inconsistent with this (if I'm understanding Rob properly):

Does this mean I'm being overly cautious with my tank or is there some distinction between "bottles without any type of coating over the fibers which can be safely used" and nicks on my bottle that's already got a coating over the fibers? By "any type of coating" is he saying "any type of coating on top of the glossy finish (epoxy?)"? Serious question, not trying to be pedantic.

I would guess that the answer is that "coating" is very different from "epoxy"
Coating is, as has been said so many times in this thread, cosmetic.
Fiber wraps are a composite structure, and the combination of fiber+epoxy (or some other polymer) is what gives any fiber structure it's strength. Carbon fiber, by itself, is actually very easy to bend/cut.

Last edited by dapoofyhairdude : 02-20-2013 at 03:16 PM.
dapoofyhairdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 PM #521
TheFlyingDharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapoofyhairdude View Post
I would guess that the answer is that "coating" is very different from "epoxy"
Coating is, as has been said so many times in this thread, cosmetic.
Fiber wraps are a composite structure, and the combination of fiber+epoxy (or some other polymer) is what gives any fiber structure it's strength. Carbon fiber, by itself, is actually very easy to bend/cut.
That makes sense, thank you.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM #522
Bellamy803

Bellamy803 supports DLX Technology
OK OK OK , Lets put an end to ALL of this. Now I read the WHOLE ninja site maybe 2-3 months ago when I was researching bottles. That led me to buying a 50/4500 which I am in love with. With that being said I "absolutely do not remember" reading this part of the Dura explanation. And I did read about dura and opted out because at that time my heart was set on a stubby. ( NINJA feel free to correct me if this that is not the case ) But upon reading the website now here is your Description whether it be NEW Description/OR ALWAYS BEEN THERE. My bet is that its new.

Either way you roll the dice here I will take a ninja tank above the rest. Keep up the good work guys!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 PM #523
sixsixsix
Dynamic4Life

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
sixsixsix plays in the APPA D3 division
do you sell the 77 dura tank without the reg ?

Gearbag Sale!
My Feedback
Cpt/Owner of East Coast Dynamic #13/#6
sixsixsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM #524
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsixsix View Post
do you sell the 77 dura tank without the reg ?
I'm sorry but we do not sell bottles by themselves. However, you could order a bottle and regulator and have the reg not installed and then sell the reg off when you get the system and help recoup some of the money you spent on a full system.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 PM #525
TopNotchT

Annual Supporting Member
TopNotchT is playing at Living Legends VII
TopNotchT owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
TopNotchT supports DLX Technology
TopNotchT supports Empire
Ninja Dura 77/45 and 68/45 comparison

Just decided to do a slight comparison between the 68 and 77 and post it here. Not the best, but it should give you an idea of what to expect.

I received this tank cover from a friend, it doesn't have a brand name on it, all it says is "Made in Pakistan". But it fits my 77/45 perfect.

1 of 1 Dragon "Bleeder" G6R and Dark Axe Pro
TopNotchT is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.