Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 PM #1
xlinkinxparkx15
Boss

has been a member for 10 years
xlinkinxparkx15 helped look for balloons
Balls getting stuck in breach

While at the field yesterday, I noticed that around halfway through the day, my Luxe was starting to give me problems. Every time I would shoot, the ball would seem to get stuck in the breach. It would either fire and shoot ~190fps or the ball would get stuck in the breach before even reaching the barrel.

I noticed the problem would fix itself whenever I tilted the gun backwards slightly where it seemed like the ball would roll back to be flush with the bolt. I'm guessing that its a problem with the detents...but I still can't figure out what it is for sure.

Any ideas?

NJJ DM7 F/S/T
xlinkinxparkx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2014, 05:13 PM #2
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlinkinxparkx15 View Post
While at the field yesterday, I noticed that around halfway through the day, my Luxe was starting to give me problems. Every time I would shoot, the ball would seem to get stuck in the breach. It would either fire and shoot ~190fps or the ball would get stuck in the breach before even reaching the barrel.

I noticed the problem would fix itself whenever I tilted the gun backwards slightly where it seemed like the ball would roll back to be flush with the bolt. I'm guessing that its a problem with the detents...but I still can't figure out what it is for sure.

Any ideas?
Sounds like your bolt isn't going all of the way back after a cycle to allow the ball to drop into the breech completely. Verify the bolt guide in screwed in all the way and clean/relube your inner can orings.
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:09 PM #3
xlinkinxparkx15
Boss

has been a member for 10 years
xlinkinxparkx15 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
Sounds like your bolt isn't going all of the way back after a cycle to allow the ball to drop into the breech completely. Verify the bolt guide in screwed in all the way and clean/relube your inner can orings.
The ball is getting into the breach though. If the balls were not even leaving the feedneck, you'd probably be correct.

NJJ DM7 F/S/T
xlinkinxparkx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:35 PM #4
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlinkinxparkx15 View Post
The ball is getting into the breach though. If the balls were not even leaving the feedneck, you'd probably be correct.
Sorry i miss-read. You meanm its firing the ball but its not leaving the barrel. Sounds like a solid case of bolt stick. Whats your setup

bolt/can/dwell/ft in or out?

Typically third inner can oring has most relation to bolt stick issues. I recommend changing it for another hnbr/green 017.
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:41 PM #5
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA D5 division
I think he means the ball is rolling forward and getting stuck in the detents. If so, check the detents and make sure they're in good shape.

Theoretical max efficiency of a marker
Automated paintball turret
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote