PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2012, 02:17 PM #1
nighthawk9

Original T8 Mag Extension Measurement Request

Hey everyone, how's it going?

So considering the fact that the original T8 magazine extensions are better than the T8.1 versions, super hard to come by because they're not made anymore, really expensive if they are for sale, and the fact that I am a mechanical engineering major at a major university with a full fledged machine shop complete with CNC mills, lathes, raw material stock room, rapid prototype machines, molten metal casting area, etc, I have decided to make my own T8 magazine extensions. Not for sale to ANYBODY ofcourse because I'm not going to steal anybodys patent, just to make maybe one or two for personal use. Now that being said I just need some measurements help from those lucky few of you that have some of these original mag extensions.

Having T8 mags mayself I've been able to figure out most of the dimensions needed to make the extensions, but still need about 4 measurements. The measurements I need are all identified by the red lines and they are exactly from where the line starts to where it ends, no more, no less. They are:

- A: The length from where the base of the mag extension begins to where it ends.
- B: The length of the shaft itself. (From right where the red line begins to where it ends. This applies to ALL of the lines).
- C: The distance from the bottom of the extention to the end of the feeder guide. And...
- D: The width of the octagonal shaped extension. The little picture I drew in Paint , lol, shows you better what width/distance meaurement I'm looking for exactly.

If one of you kind, lucky souls out there who has one of these would be so kind enough to give me these exact measurements I would be so, so grateful. Thank you so much guys! Please help me out.
nighthawk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2012, 02:21 PM #2
nighthawk9

Also if any of you guys know where to get long lengths of spring that I could use for the longer spring needed I would greatly appreciate that too.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 PM #3
splatthetick

my eyes are old but these #'s should help,
a- 7/16"
b- 6 7/8"
c- 1 1/4"
d- 1"

tried again w/glasses on...better.

Last edited by splatthetick : 09-25-2012 at 09:30 PM.
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 PM #4
nighthawk9

Thank you SOOO much splatthetick! I appreciate your help so much! If I could give you any kind of feedback like rep or anything like on other forum websites I totally would. Thank you so much!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:23 PM #5
splatthetick

no worries, Hawk. just post pics when your done.
Aloha, Tick
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:34 AM #6
PURIFACTOR

nooo!!! another who wont sell them. please put up a great "how to" guide for us then
PURIFACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote