Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2016, 12:14 AM #1
TheSentry

Type 3 anno?

Does anyone know of a current anodized that can do it?
TheSentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2016, 10:39 AM #2
ironyusa
All that matters, is.

There are tons of places that offer hard ano. A quick google will return probably a few hundred. Are you asking for something more specific?

ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:08 AM #3
TheSentry

Well I was hoping there were shops familiar with paintball products. Taking your stuff to a commercial shop is dodgy at best considering how much it will skew tolerances.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:31 AM #4
ironyusa
All that matters, is.

That hasn't been my experience. I took some parts to a local shop and he anodized it for next to nothing and it came out fantastic. Of course, he kind of specialized in motorcycle parts. I don't think a reputable shop will care what the part is used for... their process will be pretty consistent. Places that do airplane parts should be capable as well.

ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:07 AM #5
TheSentry

Oh, you had much better luck than I have had.. I've tried a couple local commercial shops for type 2 anno and they have a tendency to over stripped/polish parts.. Thank god they were spool valves and I could compensate with fatter orings.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:52 AM #6
tigwldr

tigwldr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
Most commercial shops do not put the time in the prep work that a smaller shop puts into it. In saying that, there are a few that commercial shops that do the original anodizing on paintball stuff. One that I know can do type 3 and familiar with paintball quality is Chicos in northern califorina. I do not know if they do reano though. They do most of CCMs work and all of their hardcoats.

http://chicometalfinishing.com/anodize.asp
Old 06-04-2016, 12:18 PM #7
TheSentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwldr View Post
Most commercial shops do not put the time in the prep work that a smaller shop puts into it. In saying that, there are a few that commercial shops that do the original anodizing on paintball stuff. One that I know can do type 3 and familiar with paintball quality is Chicos in northern califorina. I do not know if they do reano though. They do most of CCMs work and all of their hardcoats.

http://chicometalfinishing.com/anodize.asp
Thank you sir, I will check them out.