Community Focus

Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM #1
PaintballinBanana
Paintball DUH

PaintballinBanana supports Pev's Paintball
PaintballinBanana plays in the APPA beginner division
PaintballinBanana supports Empire
Ways to Make Money

I don't know we're to put this so I guess I'll post it here. I just want to know what are some good ways to make money. Don't suggest reffing cause I did that for a season and didn't like it. I'm only 14
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM #2
NITR0U5
Ryan

NITR0U5 is playing at Living Legends V
NITR0U5 is playing at Living Legends VI
NITR0U5 is playing at Living Legends VII
NITR0U5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NITR0U5 posts videos on PbNation
Chick-fil-A
mowing lawns
selling things
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM #3
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If reffing is not enough fun for you to make it worth making money then your in for a long life. Thats about as much fun as anything your going to do to make money. Especially at your age.

I worked on a farm when I younger picking up hay bales, worked in tobacco planting it, cutting tops off, cutting and picking it up. All for $5 an hour. If you think thats more fun have at it.

About the only other thing I could think of is buying stuff online and selling it for a profit but that takes time, start up cash and wont turn a great profit.

Delivering pizzas is an OK job anybody can get but like almost every job your not old enough.

Last edited by KYhillbilly : 12-10-2012 at 09:42 PM.
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 PM #4
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If your thinking of ways to save money and play paintball. Try helping at a local field and strike a deal
Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 PM #5
Italian Mafia Shots
Wut

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Italian Mafia Shots supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYhillbilly View Post
If reffing is not enough fun for you to make it worth making money then your in for a long life. Thats about as much fun as anything your going to do to make money. Especially at your age.

I worked on a farm when I younger picking up hay bales, worked in tobacco planting it, cutting tops off, cutting and picking it up. All for $5 an hour. If you think thats more fun have at it.

About the only other thing I could think of is buying stuff online and selling it for a profit but that takes time, start up cash and wont turn a great profit.

Delivering pizzas is an OK job anybody can get but like almost every job your not old enough.
This. Exactly this. I used to bale hay just to afford to play every week. Then on top of that, I reffed at my home field because I enjoyed it.

You really can'y handle an easy/fun job? Suck it up, not everything is handed to you.
Italian Mafia Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 AM #6
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
When I was 15 i became a Lifeguard for a large water park. Best job I have ever had, and also the hardest. It paid well both in money and phone numbers. Before that I worked on the farm every day mucking out stalls, baling hay, feeding the animals ... Cleaning out pig slop ... fun times.
IMS is right ... Work hard, go above and beyond what is asked or expected of you. You make your way, nothing will be handed to you ...
Good luck.
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 AM #7
Goumba

I worked at an ice cream place at the town pool . Worst job I ever had but I am so glad I had jt because I appreciate my career so much now .
Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 AM #8
jdub2k5

jdub2k5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdub2k5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
when I was 15 I had a mowing company made up flyers and put them on everyones door, I later in life sold that business for thousands

also at 15 I was a lifeguard(pool tech)
testing the ph at the pool and making sure people werent screwing around

and in winter I did snow plowing with a craftsman snowblower and made great money

no longer supporting EMPIRE because they have terrible customer service and even worse paint
jdub2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 AM #9
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Get a job!
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:17 PM #10
Genesis2

Bailing hay: if you don't know any hayers, head to a feed store and ask them if they know anyone. good times

Buy/sell: you might not be making a ton if you don't have very much capital, but on this site and Craigslist (be smart, get your parents...) I was the proud owner of dozens of paintball guns, iPods galore, go carts, laptops, and my current car was paid for from a $50BKO. I usually only had two or three items at a time, but I would keep looking for the trades that were in my favor.

Chickfila: depending on the store, they usually have one or two positions available for 14 year olds. I worked there for a few years, if you want a good work ethic, there's a place to practice.

Get to know your neighbors. I started cutting my elderly neighbors yards as a gift one summer and the rest of the street noticed started asking me to do their yard for a small commission. Never turned it into a business, but that is a great idea... Get some friends and whatnot.

Reffing. Get certified for soccer, basketball, baseball... And get on call with a few leagues; you'll be set.

Most importantly though, do good work whatever you get.
Take those odd jobs and have some fun.

I'm going out to play, call it whatever you want.
Genesis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:39 PM #11
armoworrior

armoworrior owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
When i was 14 i started my own lawn mowing service that was slightly cheaper than all the bigger services around i would average about 100 to 200 a weekend i charged 20 for a basic cut added 5 to 15 dollars for the trimming and edgeing if they wanted it the most expensive house i had was about 50 plus 15 for the trimming and edgeing. I had my own riding mower a couple of push mowers one of which was self propelled a weed eater and a very nice side trimmer. i just did it around the neighborhood and on the plus side no tax returns. i did it for about 3-5 years and had enough money to first buy a car fix it up and get into paintball. im 27 now so with the time difference you could make more money than that.
armoworrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM #12
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
you can try buying and selling online, which is something i do. However it wont net you too much cash, and you have to be careful not to overspend on things. It also takes time and patience. Ive only made about 130$ last month selling stuff on ebay that i bought here on pbnation, and im only 16 haha
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM #13
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
The guys that are telling you to start doing neighbors yard work.... that is where $ is at. All you need to do is a good job on a few yards to use as examples, flyers, and word of mouth. Find out what companies are charging and undercut them. It sucks because you are young and you want all that money but it works..... in the winter, shovel the driveways of the houses you mow. If they're too lazy or busy to mow their yard chances are they will be too buzy or lazy to shovel snow.

I had a buddy in middle school/high school that started doing that at 14. When he was 15 he had paid for a new reg cab truck, trailer, and riding mower. Hired a kid that was 16 to drive him around and help. By the time he was 17 he had 2 dixie choppers, a 2500 ram, 3 other guys working for him, and started plowing the accounts he had earned driveways. To give you an idea, about 10 years ago I was working for him and while he was doing his billing, he was bringing in almost $21k a month before any expenses. Now, he is 31, last year he sold something like 290 accounts, kept 60 for himself. Has a paid off house, paid off new 2500 silverado, and owns one of the biggest rock/dirt/nursery landscaping business's in town.

On edit- I must add though, what that kid/man did, he honestly gave up his life from the time he was 14 until now. He ate,breathed,sleeped what he did. Missed out on a ton of stuff that most teens would enjoy because he was always working. He wouldn't of even had time to think of paintball. He is set now but can never get back all the things a kid misses when he can just be that, a kid.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337

Last edited by rexisme : 12-15-2012 at 10:56 AM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:56 PM #14
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
I started reffing when I was 14. I'm 19 now, still reffing at the same field. I'm now highly regarded as the field's top referee. It's not a lot of money, but it's something. I know you said you didn't like it, but it's honestly the most fun job you will have for a kid your age. But if you want to make some real money, mowing lawns, and shoveling snow off in driveways is where it is at.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:44 PM #15
PaintballinBanana
Paintball DUH

PaintballinBanana supports Pev's Paintball
PaintballinBanana plays in the APPA beginner division
PaintballinBanana supports Empire
I'm going try start mowing lawns
Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM #16
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Just like some of the above posters said, shoveling is a good way to make money. Not sure where you live so i dont know if you get snow often or at all, but if you do, grab a friend and go house to house seeing if anyone needs there sidewalk/driveway shoveled.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:16 PM #17
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Flip guns. Best decision I have ever made.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:52 PM #18
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I sell plastic bottles for a living and can afford to play paintball.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 PM #19
Hey there bro
www.DMBpaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
Hey there bro is BST Legit
Hey there bro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Hey there bro owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
get super fat and ur parents will pay for u too pay and exercise, jk thats what my friend did. But seriously the best way is dog walking. depending on where u live u can make alot. I made 10 per 15 minute walk, and i only had to walk one block and i had 5 customers. its good s##t trust me
Hey there bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 AM #20
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Work at your local paintball field as a ref, the more you go and the more familiar your face is with the owner, you will get the job over some stranger
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:13 PM #21
Topsportsman341h

aluminum is pretty valuable, recycle your cans. really any scrap metal is worth something.
Topsportsman341h is offline   Reply With Quote